PDA

View Full Version : Things I'd like to see change with the offense

Todd4State
11-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Start Jesse Jackson over Osirus.

Start Tyre Phillips over Reese.

Platoon Kylin and Aeris and use both in the formation at the same time- either two backs or Hill in the slot and sometimes motioning into the backfield.

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 10:43 PM

Platoon Kylin and Aeris and use both in the formation at the same time- either two backs or Hill in the slot and sometimes motioning into the backfield.

Your last point is something I expected to see Joe do the first game. I cant grasp what is going on in his genius brain at times. This is an obvious way to spread out defenses.

The biggest change I would like to see is for us to just line up and run the ball down the throat of defenses when we have the running game going (using our RBs). Seems like we could be averaging 8 ypc and Joe is going to pass it every chance he gets. I feel like our line deserves the chance to just impose their will and take over a game. LSU and Florida are two that come to mind.

cheewgumm
11-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Oh God Cowbell have you said the wrong thing....

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-04-2018, 10:48 PM
I agree with what you said and I'd like to add that I'd like to see him try and not get Fitz killed in games we're up by 30+ by continuing to run him between the tackles. Or anyplace for that matter when the game is in hand. We came very close to losing him last night when he got his foot caught up in a pile on his last carry.

Walkerhill
11-04-2018, 10:49 PM
The biggest change I would like to see is for us to just line up and run the ball down the throat of defenses when we have the running game going (using our RBs). Seems like we could be averaging 8 ypc and Joe is going to pass it every chance he gets. I feel like our line deserves the chance to just impose their will and take over a game. LSU and Florida are two that come to mind.

That is genius, and I, for one, am with you. Maybe we could get Sylvester Croom back.

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 10:54 PM
I agree with what you said and I'd like to add that I'd like to see him try and not get Fitz killed in games we're up by 30+ by continuing to run him between the tackles. Or anyplace for that matter when the game is in hand. We came very close to losing him last night when he got his foot caught up in a pile on his last carry.

No kidding... especially when we have a backup qb that desperately needs reps. I feel like Joe overlooks some of the most obvious of things.

DancingRabbit
11-05-2018, 12:09 AM
Your last point is something I expected to see Joe do the first game. I cant grasp what is going on in his genius brain at times. This is an obvious way to spread out defenses.

You have to tip your cap to Dan and Hev. To recruit QBs and OL that nobody wanted, throw in a serviceable RB and then run it all over every team in front of us. Except the 3 or 4 teams that have elite defense.

I don't think it matters with Bama, but I'm glad we got the passing game fixed for aTm and didn't just RTGDFB against the best rush defense in the conference.

I'm with you on Aeris and Kylin. Aeris is Mr. Dependable but Kylin has cuts and bursts like few have. Do anything to get him the ball in space.

When we play OM I want Nick and KT on the field together. They won't know which ankle to target.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2018, 12:14 AM
Get our RBs a combined 20-25 touches a game between them. Whether its toting the rock or catching it they gotta get it more

BhamDawg205
11-05-2018, 12:36 AM

I was thinking about putting Jesse Jackson in the slot weeks ago... Think he'd be a nightmare for safeties and size for blocking middle runs and WR screens.

Todd4State
11-05-2018, 12:39 AM
You have to tip your cap to Dan and Hev. To recruit QBs and OL that nobody wanted, throw in a serviceable RB and then run it all over every team in front of us. Except the 3 or 4 teams that have elite defense.

I don't think it matters with Bama, but I'm glad we got the passing game fixed for aTm and didn't just RTGDFB against the best rush defense in the conference.

I'm with you on Aeris and Kylin. Aeris is Mr. Dependable but Kylin has cuts and bursts like few have. Do anything to get him the ball in space.

When we play OM I want Nick and KT on the field together. They won't know which ankle to target.

Hilarious.

BhamDawg205
11-05-2018, 12:47 AM
KT should have been in after 1st series of second half. And Mayden maybe last 3mins in the 4th. This keeps Fitz healthy, while giving QBs of the future true game reps. If Fitz runs 20-30 against Bama, might not be pretty. Hopefully JoMo works this out the next 4 games.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-05-2018, 07:07 AM
If Fitz makes it to halftime of the Ole Miss game, it will be a minor miracle....