PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the game last night.............

West Tn Dawg
11-04-2018, 03:13 PM
When we entered, the Junction and other tailgate area's looked fairly clean.
Leaving it was like a tornado had went through. Looked like people, closing down there tailgate just threw everything on the ground.
I would be ashamed to walk off and leave a mess like that.
Why would tailgaters not at least bag up their garbage, even if they left it to be picked up?

IMissJack
11-04-2018, 03:18 PM
It looks terrible every week and is like a garbage dump after games. I have never understood it. It is laziness.

Jack Lambert
11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Why was the street blocked off past Regions? I did see a lot of people walking to State Theater.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Mantra for today's society, " I've paid, so let somebody else pick up the mess."

West Tn Dawg
11-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Mantra for today's society, " I've paid, so let somebody else pick of the mess."

Sad!

robert
11-04-2018, 07:33 PM
What I saw last night in the Junction area was atrocious. Do these folks not care about our University?

BeardoMSU
11-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Littering, and/or not picking up after yourself in general, are about the most shitty personality characteristics someone can have, IMO. Pretty much guarantees you're a selfish asshole.

Bully13
11-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Littering, and/or not picking up after yourself in general, are about the most shitty personality characteristics someone can have, IMO. Pretty much guarantees you're a selfish asshole.

Pretty much sums it up there.

RocketDawg
11-04-2018, 07:54 PM
It looks terrible every week and is like a garbage dump after games. I have never understood it. It is laziness.

The same reason people go to a store and leave their shopping cart in the parking spot intead of putting in the corral usually just a few feet away -- laziness and a sense of entitlement.

Lord McBuckethead
11-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Not really sure why people also do not grab a cart from the corral on the way in. It's literally right there. Saves time and effort if people would just grab one from the parking lot on the way in.

Lord McBuckethead
11-04-2018, 09:38 PM
I also talk shit directly to people when I see them litter or not put their cart up. Something along the lines, "Oh I am sorry, let me get that cart for you sir. I am sure someone of your importance shouldn't or couldn't understand where this is supposed to go." Bless you, keep up the good work.

Lord McBuckethead
11-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Mother 17er.

Pit Bull
11-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Why was the street blocked off past Regions? I did see a lot of people walking to State Theater.

I parked at the downtown Regions Bank and noticed people were lined up waiting for us to leave and get our parking space. Did notice some streets blocked off like there was going to be some outside event downtown. Most of the people I saw weren't what I would call country music or rock fans, so I will leave it at that. Something to do with music or some hollering out loud going on.....like chanting, etc.

GreenheadDawg
11-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Not really sure why people also do not grab a cart from the corral on the way in. It's literally right there. Saves time and effort if people would just grab one from the parking lot on the way in.

This right here chaps my ass. If I see someone do it I can them out on it. Fact is, most a lot of people just really suck

somebodyshotmypaw
11-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Earlier this season, the national news made a big deal out of Army playing football on the road and leaving the visiting locker room spotless when they left. I remember thinking "is there any other way to leave it?"

https://sports.yahoo.com/army-football-team-leaves-visiting-locker-room-spotless-loss-oklahoma-144651178.html

Jack Lambert
11-04-2018, 10:49 PM
That's job security for some one.

Duckdog
11-05-2018, 09:20 AM
I have a real problem with the stadium having a ton of empty seats and tons of folks still being in the junction blasting that shitty music (during the national anthem too). I have no problem with folks getting boozed up. Im all about that but hell go to the freaking game.

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2018, 10:46 AM
I have been to west tennessee. It looks like that on the regular.
JK. People clean up after yourselves. Who are we, LSU?

West Tn Dawg
11-05-2018, 11:55 AM
I have been to west tennessee. It looks like that on the regular.
JK. People clean up after yourselves. Who are we, LSU?

Yea, but if you get out of that Bottom West Corner, it's not bad at all. ;^)

mstatefan91
11-05-2018, 12:04 PM
I have a real problem with the stadium having a ton of empty seats and tons of folks still being in the junction blasting that shitty music (during the national anthem too). I have no problem with folks getting boozed up. Im all about that but hell go to the freaking game.

Not everyone who tailgates has a ticket.. some just show up for the party with no expectation of going to the game.

I will say that part of the problem seems to be a lack of trash cans and trash bags. The university could do a better job of pointing out where they are and making them available...

And people just suck sometimes.

Duckdog
11-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Not everyone who tailgates has a ticket.. some just show up for the party with no expectation of going to the game.

I will say that part of the problem seems to be a lack of trash cans and trash bags. The university could do a better job of pointing out where they are and making them available...

They could get tickets, easy. Were you at the game saturday. Plenty of places to sit. Lots of folks outside

West Tn Dawg
11-05-2018, 02:05 PM

I partially agree, but if you can buy tons of food and drinks, you should spring for a roll of trash bags. They are cheap and you could bag everything up and leave it for pick-up.

mstatefan91
11-05-2018, 02:10 PM
They could get tickets, easy. Were you at the game saturday. Plenty of places to sit. Lots of folks outside

Yes I was. Not all of those empty seats are for sale..

mstatefan91
11-05-2018, 02:11 PM
I partially agree, but if you can buy tons of food and drinks, you should spring for a roll of trash bags. They are cheap and you could bag everything up and leave it for pick-up.

The university should push this message across. I think it would be mostly successful

RocketDawg
11-05-2018, 07:30 PM
This right here chaps my ass. If I see someone do it I can them out on it. Fact is, most a lot of people just really suck

Last week at Costco I saw a young gal and someone with her leave TWO carts in her parking spot, so close she could barely get out. I suppose she didn't care if she scraped her or someone else's paint. Granted, it was raining, but she was already wet from walking out of the store, the the corral was maybe 25 feet away.

RocketDawg
11-05-2018, 07:32 PM

Didn't the University provide trash bags a few years ago for tailgaters? I seem to remember that they did.

MaroonBelle
11-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Didn't the University provide trash bags a few years ago for tailgaters? I seem to remember that they did.

They still do. Around the perimeter of the Junction they have trash stations with trash bags just waiting there for anyone who wants to use them...which just makes the disrespect and "trashy" behavior even more disgusting. I think they ought to assign the spaces, at least in the central junction area. Grid it off. It is the only way to monitor who the worst offenders are. If they leave it a mess they lose privilege of setting up there. They don't need trash cans. We tailgate down by our parking lot by the Fresh Foods and we bag everything up and leave the bag there and the University comes by and picks it up. That is all they have to do. Just bag it. How hard is it to drop your empties in a bag? The University has been asking them to clean up the junction over social media since the first game and it has obviously been ignored. Unfortunately it seems that this generation has a bunch of trashy, disrespectful, entitled jackasses.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-06-2018, 11:43 AM
We tailgate down by our parking lot by the Fresh Foods and we bag everything up and leave the bag there and the University comes by and picks it up. That is all they have to do. Just bag it. How hard is it to drop your empties in a bag? The University has been asking them to clean up the junction over social media since the first game and it has obviously been ignored. Unfortunately it seems that this generation has a bunch of trashy, disrespectful, entitled jackasses.

I don't even leave my bag. I take my bag of trash with me. When I leave, it looks better than it did when I got there.

West Tn Dawg
11-06-2018, 12:25 PM
I don't even leave my bag. I take my bag of trash with me. When I leave, it looks better than it did when I got there.

Good Job!

Jack Lambert
11-06-2018, 03:05 PM

I don't even tail gate. We get out of the car, go to the stadium, sometimes stopping by the book store, and when the game over go back to car and head south on 25.

lastmajordog
11-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Back when fans were allowed to do the ORIGINAL tailgating on the railroad track area all the way to the bridge....we always took garbage bags and actually took the trash back home or at least to the nearest dumpster. .....the RR shaded area actually had appeal equal to the “*****” at that other place.....but that was before Bulldog Club or whoever ruined the tradition going back decades....

RocketDawg
11-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Back when fans were allowed to do the ORIGINAL tailgating on the railroad track area all the way to the bridge....we always took garbage bags and actually took the trash back home or at least to the nearest dumpster. .....the RR shaded area actually had appeal equal to the “*****” at that other place.....but that was before Bulldog Club or whoever ruined the tradition going back decades....

That was before football at MSU and many other places was big business and coaches were paid ridiculous salaries. If we wanted to compete nationally we had to go along.

Bothrops
11-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Laziness and overall lack of pride.