PDA

View Full Version : Saban wanted to make a "statement" last night ...

dawgday166
11-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Saban said they wanted to make a statement last night. Whined a little about people dogging their schedule. Well Nick, hate to tell you but that is a gawd awful easy as hell schedule. The only 2 teams outside of LSU you've played with a marginal pulse ... you played at home.

Next week I anticipate another "statement" type game from Bama. Here's what I think will happen:

1) Their Oline will "block" better than they have all year. THIS will be the Bama Oline everyone thought they should be. It will be a "statement" game for their Oline.

Translation -- they will hold like hell and not get called for it. Tua will have lots of time against our best in the SEC D, their RBs will run for a lot of yards and they'll blow us up offensively to make a "statement" to prove how good Bama is.

In reality tho ... there is no way that Bama Oline can consistently legally block our Dline and LBs ... period.

2) Their D will "clamp" down. Danielson will have Bama jizz all over his face from gushing about how great they are.

Translation -- they'll bring the house on almost every play while their DBs mug our WRs, TEs, etc. the entire way down the field and when they go up to catch a pass. Fitz will be feeling the heat all night long. And they will never get called for a penalty that is 15 yds and an automatic 1st down and/or an ejection of one of their players ... until maybe when the game is not even remotely in doubt.

Note: Has anyone else noticed that Bama never gets called for 15 yd auto 1st down penalties when they play competition that is close to on par with them .. at least not while the outcome of the game is still in doubt.

msstate7
11-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Clemson gonna give them all they can handle. If Georgia would make the switch to fields this week, I think they could play with bama in the sec champ.

dawgday166
11-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Clemson gonna give them all they can handle. If Georgia would make the switch to fields this week, I think they could play with bama in the sec champ.

Ga getting better. I'm starting to think they might could give them a little bit of a tussle now too. I think you right on Clemson ... depends on how that game is called some too tho. The 2 Deshaun Watson teams .. win Natty this year going away.

I haven't watched Mich at all hardly ... just looking at results. Their results are getting better each week. Not sure how much overall speed they have on the field tho. And they can't screw up against OSU or anyone else the rest of the way.

msstate7
11-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Ga getting better. I'm starting to think they might could give them a little bit of a tussle now too. I think you right on Clemson ... depends on how that game is called some too tho. The 2 Deshaun Watson teams .. win Natty this year going away.

I haven't watched Mich at all hardly ... just looking at results. Their results are getting better each week. Not sure how much overall speed they have on the field tho. And they can't screw up against OSU or anyone else the rest of the way.

Not sure Michigan can score enough against playoff type teams. They'll hold anyone under 30 though

Cooterpoot
11-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Nobody is close to AL. Clemson isn’t. Michigan isn’t. Nobody is close. Saban is having to motivate them with the “Statement” is all he’s doing.

timotheus
11-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Harbaugh is searching for a way to finish 2nd or 3rd as to avoid Bama til the final game. Saban will beat them worse than they beat LSU.

msstate7
11-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Nobody is close to AL. Clemson isn?t. Michigan isn?t. Nobody is close. Saban is having to motivate them with the ?Statement? is all he?s doing.

Don't let your sec bias fool you. Clemson is coming on big time. That defense is the best in the country and it isn't close. Lawrence is coming on... bama won't get the luxury of facing Bryant this time

ETA... "...it isn't close" is an exaggeration. They are the best defense in the country though

dawgday166
11-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Harbaugh is searching for a way to finish 2nd or 3rd as to avoid Bama til the final game. Saban will beat them worse than they beat LSU.

Depending on how it plays out ... I may consider taking that bet. Although Harbaugh against Saban for 1st time isn't same as Saban going to DV ... where the Tigers always get up to play Bama.

Sacrifice
11-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Michigan will hang with Bama. I've been watching them all year and they've gotten better and better every week on offense. Harbaugh is figuring out how to use Patterson. But this year it looks like Bama and about 5 spaces till the #2 team.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Don't let your sec bias fool you. Clemson is coming on big time. That defense is the best in the country and it isn't close. Lawrence is coming on... bama won't get the luxury of facing Bryant this time

ETA... "...it isn't close" is an exaggeration. They are the best defense in the country though

Nah, Clemson isn’t playing good teams. The ACC is down this year. Way down. And Saban will eat a FR QB alive.

Activated Alpha
11-04-2018, 11:57 AM
This year's Michigan team can play with Alabama. We have the defense to hold Tua even more so than LSU. Offense might different, but we would still play them hard. Michigan's offense is way better than LSU's.

Homedawg
11-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Michigan will hang with Bama. I've been watching them all year and they've gotten better and better every week on offense. Harbaugh is figuring out how to use Patterson. But this year it looks like Bama and about 5 spaces till the #2 team.

No. No they won't.

Homedawg
11-04-2018, 12:01 PM
This year's Michigan team can play with Alabama. We have the defense to hold Tua even more so than LSU. Offense might different, but we would still play them hard. Michigan's offense is way better than LSU's.
The same one that got 240 yards against Notre Dame? Michigan nah.

AlSwearengen
11-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Bama is on the verge of screwing up football for everyone but bama, especially in the SEC. The only thing that is keeping them from doing that is the fact that it is hard to bring in great QB’s one after another.

It sucks as a fan base to go into a game knowing that you have to play perfect and they have to have a bad game just to have a chance.

And I wish they would just stop interviewing Saban.

Activated Alpha
11-04-2018, 12:15 PM
The same one that got 240 yards against Notre Dame? Michigan nah.

First game of the season. We have only gotten better since that game. I'm not saying Michigan would win, but we would be a team with a pulse against them. It's not like we are Ole Miss....

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Bama is in a cycle right now where they play an easy schedule every year compared to everyone else.

1. They don't have to play Bama. I know this sounds absurd, but think about it.

2. Tennessee is awful & thus the likely hood that Bama plays a decent East team is decreased. We need Tennessee to start competing with Bama & UGA on the recruiting trail & get better so that Bama plays another difficult game each year.

3. Louisville sucked this year. Not Bama's fault, but still another easy game.

That being said, none of this is Bama's fault & who else are they going to play?

TUSK
11-04-2018, 12:32 PM
The best quote he had was at his radio show during the week.

Random Bammer Caller: "Coach, if you win the toss verse LSU, what will y'all elect to do?"

MDL: "Well, I hope we elect to kick ass."

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2018, 12:37 PM
The best quote he had was at his radio show during the week.

Random Bammer Caller: "Coach, if you win the toss verse LSU, what will y'all elect to do?"

MDL: "Well, I hope we elect to kick ass."

I just want to know how you guys never play bad.

As much as we talk about your recruiting & schedule, you guys just never play bad.

In my life, I've never seen anything like it. Under Pete Carroll, USC would get into a tussle with Fresno State or someone like that they had way more talent than. Steve Spurrier & the 90s Nebraska teams would throw up clunkers every once in a while, but that hasn't happened to Bama under Saban.

It's the single most amazing thing I've observed in college football. 18-22 year olds have been inconsistent for 4,000 years, but somehow Saban gets them to be consistent.

He's the best coach ever for that very reason

TUSK
11-04-2018, 12:44 PM

As much as we talk about your recruiting & schedule, you guys just never play bad.

In my life, I've never seen anything like it. Under Pete Carroll, USC would get into a tussle with Fresno State or someone like that they had way more talent than. Steve Spurrier & the 90s Nebraska teams would throw up clunkers every once in a while, but that hasn't happened to Bama under Saban.

It's the single most amazing thing I've observed in college football. 18-22 year olds have been inconsistent for 4,000 years, but somehow Saban gets them to be consistent.

They can "play sloppy" for a quarter (like vs LSU last night) or even a half, at times... but I don't think I've seen them stink it up for a whole game... and you almost never see both the O and D suck in the same game...

He's gottem all brainwashed....

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 01:15 PM

No they are not. Our defense is better. And so is Bamas.

Thinking Clemson or Michigan is close to Bama is foolish. They are no closer than we or LSU are.

msstate7
11-04-2018, 01:45 PM
No they are not. Our defense is better. And so is Bamas.

Thinking Clemson or Michigan is close to Bama is foolish. They are no closer than we or LSU are.

Dude, we lost to Kentucky and Florida. Stop being dumb.

TUSK
11-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Clemson & Michigan both have MFer's on defense...

It'll be interesting to see how they hold up vs a hi-powered passing offense (if they face one)... I think that's what will differentiate them....

Percho
11-04-2018, 02:17 PM

How good did they play against us last year?

One official throws his hat on the ground, picks it up, no review.

What if they get just that pone play correct?

Ran out of bounds, comes back in, first to touch the ball, good or bad play? Good or bad officiating?

BayouDawg
11-04-2018, 02:19 PM

They played extremely poor in The 2014 and 2015 losses to ole miss. That may be the last game I can remember them shitting the bed though.

TUSK
11-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Oh, I thought y'all meant over the last few years...

Hell, Bammer has stunk it up in at least 10-15 games since Saban arrived...

GreenheadDawg
11-04-2018, 03:09 PM

I?m sick of watching Bama win too but there is nobody in CFB that has a chance at beating them. It?s not gonna happen.

DownwardDawg
11-04-2018, 03:14 PM
How good did they play against us last year?

One official throws his hat on the ground, picks it up, no review.

What if they get just that pone play correct?

Ran out of bounds, comes back in, first to touch the ball, good or bad play? Good or bad officiating?

To answer your question, they played fine against us last year. We just outplayed them until our genius coach decided to throw 3 passes in a row on our final possession. We didn’t almost beat them because they played bad. Don’t be that fan.

TUSK
11-04-2018, 03:39 PM
We didn’t almost beat them because they played bad. Don’t be that fan.

Y'all did one of best jobs of "keep away" I've seen... It was a good game plan, I thought...

You're right, Bammer didn't play "bad", they just didn't have the ball very much... when they did have it they moved the ball pretty well.

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Dude, we lost to Kentucky and Florida. Stop being dumb.

If we got the chance to play those two again this month, do we lose?

I_Spy
11-04-2018, 04:52 PM
Can’t worry now about something ‘we didn’t elect to kick ass’ on

Clemson is my fave team out of our conference. Exciting and good energy. Good D’s can quiet down SheaPat and don’t be scared of his long ball like we did to him. Chased him down, hit him hard. J Simmons ran him down pushed him back all night. I still don’t like the blue.

msstate7
11-04-2018, 05:06 PM

I don't know. Clemson wouldn't have ever lost to them though

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 06:27 PM
I don't know. Clemson wouldn't have ever lost to them though

They barely escaped A&M and Syracuse

Homedawg
11-04-2018, 10:14 PM

Well we don't so there that..... this isn't Nintendo where you hit reset. We screwed that ip already.

Homedawg
11-04-2018, 10:15 PM
They barely escaped A&M and Syracuse

Not with their present qb. They have he "best" chance to beat Bama and that's not good.

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Well we don't so there that..... this isn't Nintendo where you hit reset. We screwed that ip already.

Thanks...forgot we are living in reality***

I was pointing to the fact that we have changed a lot and are playing Bama now, not 6 weeks ago. The team that plays Bama Saturday will not be the same team that went to Lexington.

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2018, 10:50 AM

I disagree. It isn't close. It is no where near close. Bama this year looks to be the best college football team I have ever seen. Almost as good as we would be if we took all of UM's playmakers and added them to our offense with Dak back to be QB.

dawgday166
11-05-2018, 10:51 AM
I disagree. It isn't close. It is no where near close. Bama this year looks to be the best college football team I have ever seen. Almost as good as we would be if we took all of UM's playmakers and added them to our offense with Dak back to be QB.

Hadn't been watching football long then huh? *

lastmajordog
11-05-2018, 11:34 AM
I?ve said on here numerous times....Bad (non)calls are worse playing Bama than Red Stick anyday of the week and 3 times on saturday. Their off line doesn?t need a ?statement? game to hold ESPECIALLy on big plays.....If my memory was better I would name HUGE plays against the DOGS going back to Felker?s team ..... game changing calls or inconsistent non calls......you have to beat Bama AND the refs.....

Token Bammer
11-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Clemson & Michigan both have MFer's on defense...

It'll be interesting to see how they hold up vs a hi-powered passing offense (if they face one)... I think that's what will differentiate them....

I'd love for BAMA to play Michigan.