PDA

View Full Version : Fitz found some touch

Dawg61
11-04-2018, 12:55 AM
he needs to keep reading tennis books apparently. He threw several passes tonight with beautiful touch on them. The one to Kylin was a Dilfer Dime. Even the short passes you could tell he was conscientious to throw them softly. He keeps it up he'll get himself on the draft board again. Having a great game vs Bama could do it alone.

mstatefan91
11-04-2018, 12:58 AM
Fitz has had touch.. Fitz missed a lot of practices rehabbing a broken ankle courtesy of the landsharts.. and don't think that he's forgotten about it.

TimberBeast
11-04-2018, 12:59 AM
Awesome that he figured that all out this week?

dawgday166
11-04-2018, 01:02 AM
Awesome that he figured that all out this week?

Ain't it tho?

dogshiek
11-04-2018, 08:21 AM
That pass to Hill in the end zone was definitely a thing of beauty. All I could say was wow.

Pit Bull
11-04-2018, 09:34 AM
he needs to keep reading tennis books apparently. He threw several passes tonight with beautiful touch on them. The one to Kylin was a Dilfer Dime. Even the short passes you could tell he was conscientious to throw them softly. He keeps it up he'll get himself on the draft board again. Having a great game vs Bama could do it alone.

He's had a few games like this scattered out during his career. Has not been consistent though. For every one of these games, he'll have 2-3 games in between when things dont work out so well. This game reminded me when we played UMASS at Gillette Stadium.....in the first half, the crowd was yelling to pull him out. The 2nd half, he looked like a pro and brought us back from the edge of defeat to victory using pinpoint accuracy and the right touch on the ball.

BB30
11-04-2018, 05:16 PM
Fitz threw with touch against ULL early in the season as well.

When he has time and doesn’t rush he generally does a decent job of throwing a good ball.

His problems start when he feels a little pressure. As soon as that happens he reverts back to what he knows and what is now a habit. Wish he had another year to progress, the injury really slowed his progression down.

I fully believe he would have had a better year throwing the ball had the injury not happened.