PDA

View Full Version : I just looked at some of the game thread..

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2018, 12:12 AM
on the La Tech board. Apparently we won because we are allowed to hold on every play. So THIS is how it feels to be Bama.******** Lol.

MarketingBully
11-04-2018, 01:49 AM
on the La Tech board. Apparently we won because we are allowed to hold on every play. So THIS is how it feels to be Bama.******** Lol.

They called many more holds on us then them and believe me they were holding much worse then we were.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2018, 01:50 AM
They called many more holds on us then them and believe me they were holding much worse then we were.

This, they held a bunch. When you lose by 6 tds it's embarrassing to bitch about officials costing you the game.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2018, 01:56 AM

Agree, but it was still a bit surreal reading that stuff. I'll be brutally honest here. I've been around the game a long time now. Complaining about holding overmuch usually means your defensive line is getting it's collective butt whipped, unless you are playing Bama of course. Those complaints are undoubtedly warranted.

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2018, 07:51 AM
La Tech has a message board? Must be about as interesting as a Mustard Buzzard board and their 12 fans talking about how great their atmosphere is

TNDawg35
11-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Weren’t the team that was saying last yr they were gonna beat us and how good they were then we curb stomped them. Then they came in this yr and were saying how dangerous they were and they had a chance, and looked what happened. Seems to be a pattern of them thinking they are more than what they actually are.

basedog
11-04-2018, 08:27 AM
La Tech is a Junior Wanna Be Ole Miss school.

msbulldog
11-04-2018, 10:11 AM
I went to high school with a bunch of folks that went to La Tech. Us letting them beat us that 1 time gave them the idea that they were somehow our equal. I had 1 Tech alum call me last year before the game and was confidently telling me how they were going to beat us. He wouldn't answer my call after the game and needless to say I haven't heard from him this year.

Lord McBuckethead
11-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Look, on basically almost every positive offensive run play, you could argue holding. On every "run around the pocket scramble play" you could argue holding. Every time I see a team gain a bunch of yards on the ground you can bet on a small hold on the edge.

Sienfield
11-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Weren’t the team that was saying last yr they were gonna beat us and how good they were then we curb stomped them. Then they came in this yr and were saying how dangerous they were and they had a chance, and looked what happened. Seems to be a pattern of them thinking they are more than what they actually are.

I think that was Kentucky.

Sienfield
11-04-2018, 02:53 PM

Probably most message boards read like that after a loss.

DownwardDawg
11-04-2018, 03:06 PM
They are coonassas. Never underestimate how much that matters. They learn their fandom from LSU fans. Remember, LSU has never been beaten on the football field in a fair matchup. They were robbed by the officials, the other team cheated, the other team clearly played the best game of their program history, LSU played the worst game they’ve ever played, etc......
I work with them. I spend more that half my time with them. That’s why I love the day after they play Bama every year. These things I post are facts. La Tech fans can’t help it. They were raised by/with LSU fans.

P.s. It’s cute they have a message board!!!

was21
11-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Nailed it. I'm surrounded LSU sidewalk fans who fit your description. Ironically the ones who graduated from there are usually reasonable.

was21
11-04-2018, 03:59 PM
La Tech is a Junior Wanna Be Ole Miss school.

Never thought of it that way. Nephew attends. It's essentially an engineering school and somewhat of a commuter from Shreveport for a lot of students.

basedog
11-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Never thought of it that way. Nephew attends. It's essentially an engineering school and somewhat of a commuter from Shreveport for a lot of students.

When I coached at NLU I was amazed how Ruston and La Tech acted arrogant and dressed preppy thinking they were like there wanna be OM.

RocketDawg
11-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Look, on basically almost every positive offensive run play, you could argue holding. On every "run around the pocket scramble play" you could argue holding. Every time I see a team gain a bunch of yards on the ground you can bet on a small hold on the edge.

I think that's the case too, and they call the most blatant ones (usually). That really gives the officials a little leeway and very well can account for Bama never being called for offensive holding.

The worst I've seen and probably ever will see was when BYU was here in the early 2000s.

RocketDawg
11-04-2018, 07:52 PM
When I coached at NLU I was amazed how Ruston and La Tech acted arrogant and dressed preppy thinking they were like there wanna be OM.

Why would anybody want to emulate Ole Miss?

basedog
11-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Why would anybody want to emulate Ole Miss?

You need to visit Ruston and La Tech.

Todd4State
11-04-2018, 08:51 PM
La Tech has a message board? Must be about as interesting as a Mustard Buzzard board and their 12 fans talking about how great their atmosphere is

I had the same thought.

I don't understand their logic when we've hung over 40+ on them the last three meetings now.

They actually aren't bad for their conference- they're bowl eligible and I think they are second in their division in C-USA. I know USM beat Marshall yesterday so I'm not sure what that means as far as the standings in that league. But if they think that they are SEC good they are delusional. That could maybe beat Arkansas this year and possibly Vanderbilt. Anyone else would look like yesterday except Ole Miss who would probably give up 40+ points with the Rebels winning a shootout after hurting the La Tech QB.