PDA

View Full Version : This is the week that we really find out what we have

Cowbell
11-03-2018, 11:36 PM
In a head coach!

I think we have the tools to make this a game. But does Joe know how to scheme on offense? Will we have any added wrinkles? Will he have our guys emotionally ready?

We have nothing to lose. I want to see us play like it. I won?t to see twitter blow up by mid-second quarter because we are playing with reckless abandon and the whole nation gets put on notice. Win or lose.

yjnkdawg
11-03-2018, 11:57 PM
If our guys can't get emotionally ready to play the No 1 team in the country then we really have some issues. I can't see that JoeMo will run a passive offense (play to try to keep from losing mentality) as DM did in the big games. I think we will be in attack mode.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2018, 11:58 PM
Dude, just don't go there. This is the best Bama team I've ever seen, and I saw many of the Bear's teams. Hopefully we can keep it close, but if we don't it's certainly not melt down worthy.

Pit Bull
11-04-2018, 12:02 AM
I kind of know how many points we will score vs BAMA. The real question is how many points will they rack up against us. Why not just throw caution to the wind. Come up with every trick play possible like flea flickers, Statue of Liberties, Fumblerooksis, and any other basic plays that will counteract BAMA's extreme rush. Joe has to know certainly that in the SEC, Fitz or any QB will have about 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball. Against BAMA, Fitz better get rid of it after counting in his head"...One Thousand One.....One Thousand Two". Anything beyond that, we better have Rusty Linton on call and on the sidelines.

UMCDawg16
11-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Dude, just don't go there. This is the best Bama team I've ever seen, and I saw many of the Bear's teams. Hopefully we can keep it close, but if we don't it's certainly not melt down worthy.

Exactly. Well said.

I_Spy
11-04-2018, 12:04 AM
I hope Day punts his butt off against Bama bc even Cooke shanked all night in Bryant denny aand the punter before him. Where Dak started each possession from his 6 - 10 and Bama started theirs at our 46. If Day punts well, I then have faith our offense can do something. Our D will be fun to watch regardless.

deadheaddawg
11-04-2018, 12:07 AM
I have been told I should not tolerate mediocrity.

You hear that Moorhead? I'm not standing for it. If you lose I'm going to be mad.

Anything less than a perfect coaching performance and will NOT be tolerated. No more woe is me poor old State

There. That's should do it

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 12:09 AM

Who’s talking about a meltdown? I dont care how good they are. We have the best defense that I’ve ever seen MSU have. And I’m not talking about winning. I’m just talking about how we perform and play. And we should expect this to be a game.

dawgday166
11-04-2018, 12:09 AM

Not hardly. This LSU team is thin on the Dline and playing a Dlineman on the Oline that's how thin they are. LSU was minus their best player on D for the 1st half too. And they were on the field over 35 mins tonight. This Bama team would be lucky to score 2 TDs on the 2011 LSU D, much less the 2011 Bama D.

But ... what the hell. Let's just say they's the best ever. That isn't even taking into account when LSU was on a drive in 1st half, there were 2 PIs and a targeting that wasn't called against Bama.

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to add Tua threw some "uncatchable" balls tonight too. He better watch out or he'll come down to Fitz' level **

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2018, 12:14 AM
Who’s talking about a meltdown? I dont care how good they are. We have the best defense that I’ve ever seen MSU have. And I’m not talking about winning. I’m just talking about how we perform and play. And we should expect this to be a game.

99 D was better. They lost to a weaker Bama.

BuckyIsAB****
11-04-2018, 12:18 AM
LSU is worse at OL, QB, RB than us. The fact that we looked like warmed over shit against LSU is our own fault. UK and UF too.

Yes we have the tools to make this a game, I hope that last year we nutted up and werent afraid of them. Bama beats a lot of people before the game even starts. Nothing positive happened for LSU tonight so they never believed or expected to win. They were just hoping to win. That is the difference.

Unfortunately none of us have any control over any of it so we will see. I know this, they wont beat us like they did LSU tonight

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Not hardly. This LSU team is thin on the Dline and playing a Dlineman on the Oline that's how thin they are. LSU was minus their best player on D for the 1st half too. And they were on the field over 35 mins tonight. This Bama team would be lucky to score 2 TDs on the 2011 LSU D, much less the 2011 Bama D.

But ... what the hell. Let's just say it's the best ever. That isn't even taking into account when LSU was on a drive in 1st half, there were 2 PIs and a targeting that wasn't called against Bama.

It DID finish up 29-0 did it not? In Death Valley. At night. Against the 3rd ranked team in the country.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2018, 12:19 AM
LSU is worse at OL, QB, RB than us. The fact that we looked like warmed over shit against LSU is our own fault. UK and UF too.

Yes we have the tools to make this a game, I hope that last year we nutted up and werent afraid of them. Bama beats a lot of people before the game even starts. Nothing positive happened for LSU tonight so they never believed or expected to win. They were just hoping to win. That is the difference.

Unfortunately none of us have any control over any of it so we will see. I know this, they wont beat us like they did LSU tonight

Your last sentence is most likely true.....and that is what scares me.

dawgday166
11-04-2018, 12:21 AM
It DID finish up 29-0 did it not? In Death Valley. At night. Against the 3rd ranked team in the country.

LSU ain't the 3rd best team in the country. They are probably top 10 this year tho. But almost all the teams this year are average IMO. There aren't any elite teams this year.

ETA: The teams to watch IMO are Clemson and Michigan (yes I know they lost 1st game to a very mediocre ND team). But Michigan has #1 total D and #6 scoring D. And their offense is getting better every week. Shea Shea ain't doing too bad right now. I think they'd smoke ND right now. They just need to take care of business against OSU and the rest of the way out.

mstatefan91
11-04-2018, 12:24 AM
I think we lose 24-28ish to 3-10ish.. just my gut feeling.. We may get blown out if the defense gives up

Commercecomet24
11-04-2018, 12:35 AM

Agreed

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2018, 12:38 AM
LSU ain't the 3rd best team in the country. They are probably top 10 this year tho. But almost all the teams this year are average IMO. There aren't any elite teams this year.

ETA: The teams to watch IMO are Clemson and Michigan (yes I know they lost 1st game to a very mediocre ND team). But Michigan has #1 total D and #6 scoring D. And their offense is getting better every week. Shea Shea ain't doing too bad right now. I think they'd smoke ND right now. They just need to take care of business against OSU and the rest of the way out.

Bama rolls them all

Commercecomet24
11-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Bama rolls them all

Yeah it's bama and everyone else this year.