PDA

View Full Version : It's Officially Bama game week!!! How we can win

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:04 PM
1-Have plays that gets the ball out very quickly. That's to nullify the NT.

2- involve TE on the seams.

3- Fitz has to run. Like it or not, he has to be effective.

4- Take away TUA's pre snap reads...

5- Show up as a defense with an axe to grind!

msstate7
11-03-2018, 10:05 PM
3 pick 6s from Tua = only shot

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:09 PM
I disagree....

Sacrifice
11-03-2018, 10:11 PM
I thought Mullen had a great game plan for them last year by running the ball right at them and burning clock.

VandelayIndustries
11-03-2018, 10:12 PM
Some good news, injuries in this LSU game. Najee Harris and ruggs definitely got hurt, Tua even looked gimpy tonight

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:13 PM
I just think we are a terrible match up for them

BeardoMSU
11-03-2018, 10:14 PM
How do we win? Hire a faceless assassin to "eliminate" them in their sleep. #ValarMorghulis

Mobile Bay
11-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Our best bet is to plant land mines at Old Waverly and hope Saban takes a day to play golf.

msstate7
11-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Let's just make it through the game healthy and pound ark and om

DogsofAnarchy
11-03-2018, 10:18 PM
I will tell you how we win. We don’t build this game up so much emotionally that we can’t recover when we lose. Arkansas and Ole Miss are more important.

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Lol... I told you how we win.

LSU's defense is not as good as ours. I 100% know we go to to toe with them. We just need to score.

We will.... we can move the ball and we have explosive players...

The issue is to nullify that DL. And we can. Mullen did it to ours. We did it to them last year.

MetEdDawg
11-03-2018, 10:19 PM
We are gonna have to hold them below 30 to even think about being in the discussion. I think best case scenario the max we can score against them is 21. Does anyone really think we are holding Bama to less than 21?

We are damn good on defense. But Bama is damn good on offense. I actually think we are one of the two teams in the country that can hang with them because of our defense. But Bama is just too good.

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Gotta love a fan base that cheers to not get hurt....

Lmao!

I_Spy
11-03-2018, 10:21 PM
We can’t punt the ball in the stadium if it’s at Alabama. I expect us to shank and get down in score quick.

msstate7
11-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Gotta love a fan base that cheers to not get hurt....

Lmao!

Dude, I wanna win. I also wanna win the power ball... my chance at the power ball is only slightly worse. They're better... a lot better than us

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:22 PM
We are gonna have to hold them below 30 to even think about being in the discussion. I think best case scenario the max we can score against them is 21. Does anyone really think we are holding Bama to less than 21?

We are damn good on defense. But Bama is damn good on offense. I actually think we are one of the two teams in the country that can hang with them because of our defense. But Bama is just too good.

We have the tools. We need to play like we do. The last drive needs to be in the mind of every defensive player.

The offense knows they are better than last year.

TNDawg35
11-03-2018, 10:24 PM
How do we win? Hire a faceless assassin to "eliminate" them in their sleep. #ValarMorghulis

I AM NO ONE...

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2018, 10:26 PM
We can?t punt the ball in the stadium if it?s at Alabama. I expect us to shank and get down in score quick.

This

We always find a way to play like absolute shit at Bama.

I just want to see a team prepared to play & a coach that for ONCE coaches with his balls hanging out at Bryant Denny.

There is no shame in getting blown out by Bama this year. none.

Let just play loose & have fun.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2018, 10:27 PM
They're better... a lot better than us

And everyone else.

I just want to see a coach call plays & let it hang out.

msstate7
11-03-2018, 10:29 PM
And everyone else.

Clemson can play with em if Lawrence continues to progress. Georgia would have a shot if they went with fields.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Clemson can play with em if Lawrence continues to progress. Georgia would have a shot if they went with fields.

Agree with Clemson. I don't think UGA can beat them this year. Fields would have to be lights out

tireddawg
11-03-2018, 10:31 PM
And everyone else.

I don't think that'll be an issue. Can we execute? If we can, look out.

justwin
11-03-2018, 10:32 PM
1. LSU gave the blueprint & keep JEUDY out of the endzone. JEUDY is their best player. Our DL will get pressure & slow the run, but need to wrap up unlike LSUs
2. 40 carries by Kylin & Aeris. our RBs must get the touches.
3. Fitz keep throwing deep with AIR UNDER IT & IN BOUNDS. Our guys will come down with a few. Moorhead needs to throw it deep.
4. Our LBs need to make an INT.

that's our best shot.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2018, 10:34 PM
I don't think that'll be an issue. Can we execute? If we can, look out.

It was Mullen's issue.

Let's go compete with them & play to win.

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Yeah, we are better on defense than LSU. I expect to the score to be in check.

On offense, you have to take shots. For sure.

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Exactly. We should have beat them last year. 100% 2 no calls on Ridley running out of bounds. Then the defense just could not get that last stop.

Dawgology
11-03-2018, 10:40 PM
Yeah, we are better on defense than LSU. I expect to the score to be in check.

On offense, you have to take shots. For sure.

We are better on the DL than LSU is but not in the secondary and Bama is an excellent passing team. State will have to get a lot of pressure very quickly to help our secondary. Our team just doesn’t play well on the road so I’m afraid next weekend is going to be pretty brutal.

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Exactly. We should have beat them last year. 100% 2 no calls on Ridley running out of bounds. Then the defense just could not get that last stop.

A no call in Bama's favor? C'mon man ... Get real. ****

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:46 PM
We are better on the DL than LSU is but not in the secondary and Bama is an excellent passing team. State will have to get a lot of pressure very quickly to help our secondary. Our team just doesn’t play well on the road so I’m afraid next weekend is going to be pretty brutal.

Yes... we are better than LSU in the secondary too.

msstate7
11-03-2018, 10:46 PM

Stop it.

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 10:47 PM

Better may be a stretch but ... We close to them I think.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-03-2018, 10:58 PM

lol just no. Remember the post about Dantzler being one of the top 5 CBs in the conference? Well LSU has 2 of the top 5. You know how we have good safeties? Well LSU has a midseason all American and a very experienced 5th year Sr. They have the edge in both CB and S. They have more athleticism behind those guys than we do. Neither of our secondaries blows assignments. They have the better secondary. We have the better LBs and DL.

Coach007
11-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Stop it.

We are.

cheewgumm
11-03-2018, 11:03 PM
We are a passing team now right? We know our RBs aren?t gonna get it so that strategy is out.

Lets hope Guidry and the other guy can shake the BAmA DBs and our LT can keep their DE from killing Fitz.

Sacrifice
11-03-2018, 11:03 PM
This Bama team worries me more than last years team. Last years team mainly relied on Ridley, this years team seems to have NFL receivers all over the field and a big time QB prospect throwing them the ball.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-03-2018, 11:06 PM
We are.

How? McLaurin and Abrams are a very good S combo, but Delpit is better than either (mid season all American) and John Battle is a very good player too. Dantzler is a very good cover corner, but he grades out worse than Greedy Williams. Peters is a good CB, but he grades out worse than Fulton. Landrews is solid but so is LSU's nickel. Our #2 s vs battle is the only match up our DBs might have the edge in. LSU has more INT's than us. LSU's Srs are expected to be drafted higher than ours.

LSU's secondary is better than ours. They don't blow assignments or miss tackles. They are very athletic. They grade out better than ours. That's not to say our secondary isn't very good too, but LSU's is literally the best in the country.

Coach007
11-03-2018, 11:06 PM
lol just no. Remember the post about Dantzler being one of the top 5 CBs in the conference? Well LSU has 2 of the top 5. You know how we have good safeties? Well LSU has a midseason all American and a very experienced 5th year Sr. They have the edge in both CB and S. They have more athleticism behind those guys than we do. Neither of our secondaries blows assignments. They have the better secondary. We have the better LBs and DL.

MSU #7 in pass defense efficiency
MSu #15 in passing yards allowed.

LSU #38 in passing yards allowed.
LS7 #4 in passing defense efficiency

Our over all Defense is ranked #6

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2018, 11:13 PM
How? McLaurin and Abrams are a very good S combo, but Delpit is better than either (mid season all American) and John Battle is a very good player too. Dantzler is a very good cover corner, but he grades out worse than Greedy Williams. Peters is a good CB, but he grades out worse than Fulton. Landrews is solid but so is LSU's nickel. Our #2 s vs battle is the only match up our DBs might have the edge in. LSU has more INT's than us. LSU's Srs are expected to be drafted higher than ours.

LSU's secondary is better than ours. They don't blow assignments or miss tackles. They are very athletic. They grade out better than ours. That's not to say our secondary isn't very good too, but LSU's is literally the best in the country.

LSU's secondary is much better than ours, but ours is good.

What we can do better than LSU though is get pressure on Tua without blitzing. That's the key for us next week to stay competitive. Our DL has to play light out. Sweat, Simmons, etc need to go earn some money & pop Tua's ass

Coach007
11-03-2018, 11:17 PM
LSU's secondary is much better than ours, but ours is good.

What we can do better than LSU though is get pressure on Tua without blitzing. That's the key for us next week to stay competitive. Our DL has to play light out. Sweat, Simmons, etc need to go earn some money & pop Tua's ass

We have to use better disguises.

What we are not talking about though is actually taking away that pre snap read and forcing g that into an error on TUA.

Having said that, Aeris had a great game last year against them. And he is 4th strong right now. Why?

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 11:35 PM

Not lately. We getting better I believe and have by a lot. We getting close but don't think we're there just yet. Peters is playing better now too.

yjnkdawg
11-03-2018, 11:49 PM
This

We always find a way to play like absolute shit at Bama.

I just want to see a team prepared to play & a coach that for ONCE coaches with his balls hanging out at Bryant Denny.

There is no shame in getting blown out by Bama this year. none.

Let just play loose & have fun.

DM played to keep from losing in the big games. It may make the score look more respectable, but you aren't normally going to win in that scenario. I can't see JoeMo going that route. I see him having an aggressive offensive plan.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2018, 03:35 AM
I think we can play them tough. We can?t win in Tuscaloosa though. Just need our QB and coach to show up. I?m thinking a 27-10 type game if we don?t crap the bed.

Sienfield
11-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Usually when I am certain how a football game is going to turn out I am wrong. I am certain that we lose to Alabama. So there's that.

Bully13
11-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Fitz has been putting better touch with added accuracy of late. And our WR's have been going toe to toe on occasion with DB's on 50/50 balls. My concern is that we are going to face much better DB's Saturday and I'm worried about INT's on those 50/50 passes. It was pretty amazing how we ran on them last year between the tackles though.

Sacrifice
11-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Run right at them with Aeries and Kylan just like last year, side to side won't work, they're to fast.

We're gonna have to use quick passes to the TEs and RBs. They're gonna lock our WRs down. Those 10 yard curls won't be open against Bamas D. Maybe we can use the crossing routes with our quicker slot recievers like Mixon and Thomas and Fitz will have to be decisive, if it's not there pull it down and take off.

All in all F-em! We have nothing to lose besides the game. Nobody's expecting us to win, we'll be a double diget underdog. We can go in and play balls out. Win it or lose like a MFer!

I_Spy
11-04-2018, 06:35 PM
All in all F-em! We have nothing to lose besides the game. Nobody's expecting us to win, we'll be a double diget underdog. We can go in and play balls out. Win it or lose like a MFer![/QUOTE]

Truly, let’s work on trying to be BIG in the moment rather than small. Jeff (Simmons) said he liked to play for people who can’t play the game, Jeff is big in the moment. This is the area we need to work on, or grow into. As an entire football team. I do have faith in our players.

Cowbell
11-04-2018, 10:58 PM
Run right at them with Aeries and Kylan just like last year, side to side won't work, they're to fast.

We're gonna have to use quick passes to the TEs and RBs. They're gonna lock our WRs down. Those 10 yard curls won't be open against Bamas D. Maybe we can use the crossing routes with our quicker slot recievers like Mixon and Thomas and Fitz will have to be decisive, if it's not there pull it down and take off.

All in all F-em! We have nothing to lose besides the game. Nobody's expecting us to win, we'll be a double diget underdog. We can go in and play balls out. Win it or lose like a MFer!

This is exactly what I would do, but I fear Joe has not caught on to your first point. I just want to see us play with our hair on fire.

Bubb Rubb
11-04-2018, 11:10 PM
I just think we are a terrible match up for them

Not with Moorhead at the helm. Last year we had the perfect gameplan against them. This game - I can save you the time and effort of watching. We are going to throw the ball a lot on first down, and we're going to spend a lot of time behind the chains as a result. Hopefully Fitz takes care of the ball. Our punter is going to get a workout. Our defense will keep us in it but they will eventually fade after a tremendous effort.

Alabama 27 - MSU 3

Bubb Rubb
11-04-2018, 11:14 PM

As good as we are on the d-line, that's how good they are in the secondary. They are much better than us back there.

Bothrops
11-04-2018, 11:23 PM
How can we win? Saban would have to be caught doing something so bad the players would quit playing for him. That's the only way.

TUSK
11-04-2018, 11:25 PM
As good as we are on the d-line, that's how good they are in the secondary. They are much better than us back there.

That's a good (and somewhat overlooked) observation... This secondary has been pleasantly surprising... Thompson might be the first Safety taken in the NFL Draft and Diggs (CB) was looking at a 1st Round chance til he broke his foot...