PDA

View Full Version : What did James Carville say?

RocketDawg
11-03-2018, 12:39 PM
ESPN just apologized to Greg Sankey about something Carville had said on-air earlier. Said it was "over the top". Anybody know what he said?

I suspect it was something about unfair officiating and bias toward Alabama like he'd said a week or so ago.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-03-2018, 12:47 PM
ESPN are such a bunch of pansies.

He just criticized the SEC home office, and made some animal house reference about Sankey. Maybe called him Dean Wermer Sankey, and Nick Saban Neidermeyer ?

It wasn't bad at all. ESPN won't bite the hand that feeds though

RiverCityDawg
11-03-2018, 12:49 PM
ESPN just apologized to Greg Sankey about something Carville had said on-air earlier. Said it was "over the top". Anybody know what he said?

I suspect it was something about unfair officiating and bias toward Alabama like he'd said a week or so ago.

He listed a bunch of players that were suspended when they played Alabama "because of the SEC" implying that the SEC is fixing this stuff in favor of Alabama. Typical idiot fan conspiracy theory BS. Don't want your best player suspended for targeting? Don't friggin go in high against a defenseless QB throwing a pass! Was it close? Yeah, but he went in high and he didn't have to, so deal with the consequences, ya idiot.

TUSK
11-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Not much really... He's just the latest & most well known person to parrot some of the silly stuff you hear from fanatics...

In summary: The SEC colludes (is in cahoots) with Bammer.... Protects them with officiating... etc...

Note: It's probably a satire piece, IMO... He's too smart to believe something this asinine...

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_1f6605de-d577-11e8-bc49-8b24d37f9493.html

RocketDawg
11-03-2018, 01:12 PM
He listed a bunch of players that were suspended when they played Alabama "because of the SEC" implying that the SEC is fixing this stuff in favor of Alabama. Typical idiot fan conspiracy theory BS. Don't want your best player suspended for targeting? Don't friggin go in high against a defenseless QB throwing a pass! Was it close? Yeah, but he went in high and he didn't have to, so deal with the consequences, ya idiot.

OK, I'd forgotten about that play. I didn't think it was targeting when I saw it realtime but I suppose it was targeting with an explicit observation of the rules. Questionable calls have happened to everybody at one time or the other (except Alabama **).

It's funny how nobody seems to notice the questionable calls that happen in their teams favor, but catch the ones that hurt their team.

Carville has a voice and temperament that just about everything he says comes across as acidic, when the same words by someone else might not be taken so badly.

LC Dawg
11-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Carville has been saying that for two weeks. ESPN can't act like they're surprised he said it on air.
I wish they would interview me next week before we play Bama. I'll give them something that for sure warrants an apology.

mparkerfd20
11-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Carville is right though you know.

TUSK
11-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Carville has been saying that for two weeks. ESPN can't act like they're surprised he said it on air.
I wish they would interview me next week before we play Bama. I'll give them something that for sure warrants an apology.

Hell, man... Say it here...

I'm sure we'd all like a good laugh...

LC Dawg
11-03-2018, 01:23 PM

I'm busy. Search my history.

RocketDawg
11-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Not much really... He's just the latest & most well known person to parrot some of the silly stuff you hear from fanatics...

In summary: The SEC colludes (is in cahoots) with Bammer.... Protects them with officiating... etc...

Note: It's probably a satire piece, IMO... He's too smart to believe something this asinine...

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_1f6605de-d577-11e8-bc49-8b24d37f9493.html

Wait a minute. That's true! **

TUSK
11-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Wait a minute. That's true! **

shhhhhhhh.... the REC gonna push you up some stairs with talk like that!****

RiverCityDawg
11-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Carville is right though you know.

Yes, of course, the SEC officials are directed by the league to call targeting on a team's best player in the second half of the game before they play Alabama so that they have to miss a half. Alabama's offense clearly needs help, so league officials are putting their integrity and careers on the line to help poor Saban. Makes sense.

Dawgowar
11-03-2018, 03:49 PM
I suspect James Carville might have had a nip or two or five of whiskey before that segment. LSU lifer he is....not that cajun's eat their cornflakes with booze in them. Just taking an uneducated guess.

RougeDawg
11-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Typical Lib speaking before thinking. Let?s not forget this is the same guy who said ?if you drag a 100 dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you?ll find? and the media defended him. This was in defense of Bill Clinton and his sexual assaults as and just before being president. He has always been a political hack clown and as usual the media protects him and his idiocy.

lastmajordog
11-03-2018, 04:33 PM
I’d settle for a Bama offensive lineman getting called for holding on a big play or calling a receiver for running out of bounds and coming back in....or targeting on a punt coverage.....or.....nevermind....

Mobile Bay
11-03-2018, 05:21 PM

I will say it here. The REC has managed to get an amendment on the ballot in Alabama which will return Paul Jr. to the Alabama board of trustees. That will mean killing UAB football again because he still holds a grudge against Bartow for turning in his daddy for cheating. If they can do that then they can buy off refs.

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 05:32 PM
I’d settle for a Bama offensive lineman getting called for holding on a big play or calling a receiver for running out of bounds and coming back in....or targeting on a punt coverage.....or.....nevermind....

Doesn't happen. Just like Davis not getting suspended for punching Mizzou player.

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 05:33 PM
I will say it here. The REC has managed to get an amendment on the ballot in Alabama which will return Paul Jr. to the Alabama board of trustees. That will mean killing UAB football again because he still holds a grudge against Bartow for turning in his daddy for cheating. If they can do that then they can buy off refs.

Powerful it is ... The Dark Side of the Force.

msbulldog
11-03-2018, 05:44 PM

I bet you would and I want to hear it! Rep+1

RocketDawg
11-03-2018, 06:19 PM
I suspect James Carville might have had a nip or two or five of whiskey before that segment. LSU lifer he is....not that cajun's eat their cornflakes with booze in them. Just taking an uneducated guess.

Hard to say. He always comes across as being drunk. The guy's crazy.