PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia building new baseball stadium

bully99
10-16-2013, 10:51 PM
16 million gets you 2500 reserved seats and 1000 general admission.

messageboardsuperhero
10-16-2013, 10:55 PM
16 million gets you 2500 reserved seats and 1000 general admission.

I expect us to spend about twice that much at the very least on our new grandstand. Probably more like $40 mil.

Behrdawg
10-17-2013, 01:20 AM
I expect us to spend about twice that much at the very least on our new grandstand. Probably more like $40 mil.

From what I'm hearing...it's going to be a lot more and on a much grander scale.

messageboardsuperhero
10-17-2013, 06:53 AM
You and I must be hearing the same things... I hope we build something that makes people say "WOW" and changes college baseball forever, just like last time we built something new. With the design team that we have, I think there's a pretty good chance that happens.

Political Hack
10-17-2013, 12:00 PM
You and I must be hearing the same things... I hope we build something that makes people say "WOW" and changes college baseball forever, just like last time we built something new. With the design team that we have, I think there's a pretty good chance that happens.

I think you're going to get your wish. The only thing I hope doesn't happen is that they sacrifice the old school LFL. We've got to find a cool way to include it.

messageboardsuperhero
10-17-2013, 12:39 PM
I think you're going to get your wish. The only thing I hope doesn't happen is that they sacrifice the old school LFL. We've got to find a cool way to include it.

The administration knows this, and the LFL will almost definitely still be part of the new facility. There will probably be new safety requirements though, and some of them will need to be shorter so that the people in the new concourse behind the Lounge can see.

bully99
10-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Are you talking about the existing site or a new site on campus.