PDA

View Full Version : keep it in bounds

justwin
11-02-2018, 09:44 PM
what I want to see tomorrow. at least 5 of these are still going out of bounds every game, wasted. Fitz is what he is, but just fix this one thing this week. keep putting air under it deep too.

Also, feed Whop

be nice if senior peters can get a pic

hail state

Bothrops
11-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Great opportunity for a lot of players to step up tomorrow, and for others to improve by remaining consistent.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2018, 01:48 AM
I think this game is going to be closer than most of us think. We still win, but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't cover. LaTech has given us fits at times.

Bothrops
11-03-2018, 10:59 AM
I think this game is going to be closer than most of us think. We still win, but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't cover. LaTech has given us fits at times.

I tend to agree here. We need to be productive on offense and score often.

RiverCityDawg
11-03-2018, 01:00 PM
what I want to see tomorrow. at least 5 of these are still going out of bounds every game, wasted. Fitz is what he is, but just fix this one thing this week. keep putting air under it deep too.

Yes, for the love of all that's holy. Give our 6-4 receivers a chance to make a play. Maybe they don't, but if you throw it out of bounds it's no longer a 50/50 ball, it's a 0 ball. If it's against man and you underthrow it your guy can adjust and make a play or maybe you get a PI call. Just don't throw it out of bounds.

justwin
11-03-2018, 10:26 PM
somewhat better. He still threw at least 5 out of bounds, one of which Guidry made a hell of a catch.

nice to see whop get a snag

i thought Peters got his hand under it

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Sometimes it's tight coverage and he trying to give his guy a chance with no risk of a pick Better to play another down than throw a pick. He's erring on side of caution at times. All good QBs do that.

TimberBeast
11-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Sometimes it's tight coverage and he trying to give his guy a chance with no risk of a pick Better to play another down than throw a pick. He's erring on side of caution at times. All good QBs do that.

You’re never going to get some of these guys to understand that. Fitz isn’t supposed to ever have a bad throw or incompletion. Haven’t you watched other college games?

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 11:29 PM
You?re never going to get some of these guys to understand that. Fitz isn?t supposed to ever have a bad throw or incompletion. Haven?t you watched other college games?

Yea ... I know. His passes are either uncatchable due to being slightly off target or, when he hits them in the numbers the throw is uncatchable cause the throw is too hard. He has to lay them right in there nice, soft, and easy, in stride, and between the numbers everytime. SMH

justwin
11-03-2018, 11:34 PM

those situations you reference didn't occur tonight...decent throws in bounds could've been completions tonight, but instead were erratic and gave his WR no chance. He certainly did better, but tape will show him this week still room to improve on those deeper passes with loft & in bounds, hopefully.

dawgday166
11-03-2018, 11:43 PM
those situations you reference didn't occur tonight...decent throws in bounds could've been completions tonight, but instead were erratic and gave his WR no chance. He certainly did better, but tape will show him this week still room to improve on those deeper passes with loft & in bounds, hopefully.

Whatever. The one you were referencing to Guidy ... pretty tight throw. Could've put some air under it but I also believe he was moving at the time. I'd rather throw it out of bounds than underthrow for a pick.

The big thing for Fitz is ... to play within his abilities. He can be a pretty damn good college QB but has to play within himself.