PDA

View Full Version : Eat dirt bowl

BuckyIsAB****
11-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Most heated rivalry in the state besides the egg...Brandon vs Purl....Biggest high school game in the state is for the region title for the 3rd year in a row....

High school guys who ya got??

Cooterpoot
11-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Brandon by 2 TDs

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Brandon

Bully13
11-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Holy shit. Do they still do that at the pep rallies in Brandon? I went to Brandon one year and remember the "Eat Dirt Pearl" chant back in the early '80's. They still do that shit?

BuckyIsAB****
11-02-2018, 12:15 AM
Holy shit. Do they still do that at the pep rallies in Brandon? I went to Brandon one year and remember the "Eat Dirt Pearl" chant back in the early '80's. They still do that shit?

Yep. Biggest game in the state

Maroonandwhite
11-02-2018, 12:19 AM
And Pearl still sucks as much as it did 30 years ago.

Bully13
11-02-2018, 06:02 AM
how's that series been going the last 10 years or so? Brandon whipping Pearl on a regular basis?

Homedawg
11-02-2018, 08:54 AM
And Pearl still sucks as much as it did 30 years ago.

I have no clue how they are this year but they did win the state last year, so there's that. Which is more than Brandon has ever done.

Maroonandwhite
11-02-2018, 09:37 AM
I was thinking much broader like overall.

Forrest4Moore
11-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Brandon leads the series 8-7 over the last 15 meetings. Kind of similar to the State-OM rivalry in that Brandon leads the series, but Pearl has had more high level success. Brandon historically had larger enrollment and ran the county. Pearl split off from the county and has recently grown to similar size and classification. Pearl has a State Championship and double the region championships of Brandon (14-7).

Brandon should win tonight by 2-3 TDs. Pearl lost 19 starters from last year's team. Unlike JoMo, they have an excuse.

Check out http://www.ahsfhs.org/mississippi/
Alabama has a complete historical society webpage for every team in the state. Mississippi's is incomplete due to some of the smaller schools. They're always looking for people to help them complete the almanac, if you will.

parabrave
11-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Yep. Biggest game in the state

I thought South Jones/ Waynesboro was the biggest rivalry***. Every county has their rivalries. Most people outside of Jackson couldn't even tell you where Brandon or pearl is even located. On the Coast it was Gulfport/Biloxi for years, even though Biloxi football has sucked for the last 20 years. As for hatred between the schools it was discontinued for a decade. One thing I hate about the Classification System is that it did away with most rivalries in the State.

Skydawg1
11-02-2018, 09:37 PM
And Pearl still sucks as much as it did 30 years ago.I'll see your AA Ballpark and raise you a Bass Pro.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Who won?

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2018, 02:22 AM
I thought South Jones/ Waynesboro was the biggest rivalry***. Every county has their rivalries. Most people outside of Jackson couldn't even tell you where Brandon or pearl is even located. On the Coast it was Gulfport/Biloxi for years, even though Biloxi football has sucked for the last 20 years. As for hatred between the schools it was discontinued for a decade. One thing I hate about the Classification System is that it did away with most rivalries in the State.
The classification system destroys rivalries, and creates them, all the time. We still have our big in county rival in a different classification for now, but if the truth be known the REAL big ones now tend to be division rivalries that the quirks of the system allow to continue for a few years.

BuckyIsAB****
11-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Who won?

Brandon. Eat Dirt Purl