PDA

View Full Version : TexAgs poster claims aTm should never lose to Mississippi or Arky Schools

louisvilledawg
11-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Went down a rabbit hole today on some twitter links and found my way to Texags forum.

Poster said aTm should never lose to schools from those "scruba*s states." Went on to say we have no resources, money, or recruits in the state. Said we should be an automatic win for them.

How delusional is that guy? We've been better or equal to them in every sport since they've joined the sec.

Political Hack
11-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Some Aggie fans are very cult-like. They don't follow reason or logic.

TNDawg35
11-01-2018, 01:52 PM
The State of Texas football is not what it once was. To me, the most productive team recently is TCU in that state... Now not to say Herman won?t get Texas Rolling again, but TCU was pretty dang good for awhile recently.

Matty Dispatch
11-01-2018, 02:02 PM
They are the 2nd largest university in the country and have an endless supply of money. They have been a sleeping giant for a very long time....like the Georgia of the west but with more potential. If Jimbo gets the ball rolling then we may view this 3 game win streak as the good ole days of beating A&M. Or they might continue on underachieving, who knows.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Every one of the big Texas football teams lost last saturday. Texas, AM, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor(Houston won), yeah the state of football in Texas aint what it used to be.

Cooterpoot
11-01-2018, 02:07 PM
They are the 2nd largest university in the country and have an endless supply of money. They have been a sleeping giant for a very long time....like the Georgia of the west but with more potential. If Jimbo gets the ball rolling then we may view this 3 game win streak as the good ole days of beating A&M. Or they might continue on underachieving, who knows.

That's fake news. GA has won. They've always won. That's not the case for A&M. And it never will be unless they hire a Saban type guy, and Jimbo ain't that at all. Jimbo is washed up.

msstate7
11-01-2018, 02:11 PM
That's fake news. GA has won. They've always won. That's not the case for A&M. And it never will be unless they hire a Saban type guy, and Jimbo ain't that at all. Jimbo is washed up.
Based on what is jimbo washed up? You're just basing that on hope.

MetEdDawg
11-01-2018, 02:11 PM
They are probably right. With all the talent they have access to and the money they have they should probably never lose to us. But they do and they do it a lot. Sucks to suck Aggies but when you start saying that kind of stuff after you lose to us 3 years in a row, you might have some organizational issues.

We are better than them.

RiverCityDawg
11-01-2018, 02:12 PM
No offense, but that's not really new or noteworthy. There are literally thousands of fans from half the SEC schools that think they should never lose to the "Mississippi schools" (a term I hate). I currently live and grew up in Alabama... the majority of Alabama and Auburn fans view us as a half step above Vandy. Not that they should, but it's just how it is here. If I had a nickel for every patronizing comment I've gotten from these folks over the years, I would have a left field loft with my name on it.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2018, 02:16 PM

They will have the same problem under Jimbo that they do with every coach. The boosters want a say in what goes on. Too much interfering with the program from money guys who are use to being in control of things they spend money on.

Dawg2003
11-01-2018, 02:20 PM
This is the same delusional attitude Auburn fans have if you go on their message boards. They feel they are entitled to beat the "MS schools" as they call it and Arkansas. They think they should just show up and win. My theory with this is that these schools are just delusional about their places in college football, so they pick schools that they think are inferior and try to dog these schools instead of taking a look in the mirror. Auburn especially struggles because of Alabama. I think Saban has made Auburn fans crazy. Their message boards are always in meltdown mode.

Bothrops
11-01-2018, 02:23 PM
You can tell which guys have played team sports in their life from the guys that have never played. Guys like that are clueless for a reason.

msstate7
11-01-2018, 02:24 PM
This is the same delusional attitude Auburn fans have if you go on their message boards. They feel they are entitled to beat the "MS schools" as they call it and Arkansas. They think they should just show up and win. My theory with this is that these schools are just delusional about their places in college football, so they pick schools that they think are inferior and try to dog these schools instead of taking a look in the mirror. Auburn especially struggles because of Alabama. I think Saban has made Auburn fans crazy. Their message boards are always in meltdown mode.

Don't we feel entitled to beat Kentucky and Arkansas every year?

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 02:35 PM
You can tell which guys have played team sports in their life from the guys that have never played. Guys like that are clueless for a reason.

Well said.

SheltonChoked
11-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Aggies are a cult. They don't follow reason or logic.

FTFY

Mobile Bay
11-01-2018, 02:40 PM
No offense, but that's not really new or noteworthy. There are literally thousands of fans from half the SEC schools that think they should never lose to the "Mississippi schools" (a term I hate). I currently live and grew up in Alabama... the majority of Alabama and Auburn fans view us as a half step above Vandy. Not that they should, but it's just how it is here. If I had a nickel for every patronizing comment I've gotten from these folks over the years, I would have a left field loft with my name on it.

Ain't that the damn truth. I live in Bama too and I am absolutely sick and ****ing tired of listening to high school dropouts talk about ****ing Bama. It's only a matter of time before I verbally go off on some of those condescending sons of bitches.

TrapGame
11-01-2018, 02:55 PM
If it hadn't been for Johnny Football we would have beaten them every year since coming into the SEC. A&M will always be an underachieving program. Texas football is too finesse.

Matty Dispatch
11-01-2018, 03:15 PM

Ok, believe what you want to. A&M has access to really fertile recruiting grounds and a ton of money. They have a massive stadium and the best facilities anywhere. Sounds like a sleeping giant to me. The right coach can make them successful. UGA was pretty mediocre in the 90s too. Mark Richt was an upgrade - Jimbo might be on par with him. But bring in a guy like Kirby Smart and they will take off like UGA has done.

Dawg2003
11-01-2018, 03:29 PM

Well, you have a point there.

RougeDawg
11-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Maybe he should inform their team about this then. The players missed the memo.

BrunswickDawg
11-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Ok, believe what you want to. A&M has access to really fertile recruiting grounds and a ton of money. They have a massive stadium and the best facilities anywhere. Sounds like a sleeping giant to me. The right coach can make them successful. UGA was pretty mediocre in the 90s too. Mark Richt was an upgrade - Jimbo might be on par with him. But bring in a guy like Kirby Smart and they will take off like UGA has done.

The problem with the A&M "sleeping giant" theory is that people have been saying it for years. Since the late 60s, they have had a huge student body, lots of money, and top notch facilities. They have had legendary National Title level coaches - Bear had won a Natty at KENTUCKY; Bellard was OC for one at Texas; Stallings would win one at Bama; Jackie had 2 unclaimed ones at Pitt (Sagarin); Jimbo had 1 at FSU. So my question is -which one of those coaches is going to wake up that sleeping giant? He's been sleeping since football was invented.

Cooterpoot
11-01-2018, 03:37 PM

They've had that forever. It's gotten them nowhere. Like I said, they'd need a Saban. Plus, they're in the division with AL, LSU, AU, etc. now. Much tougher situation.

Johnson85
11-01-2018, 04:03 PM

Kentucky yes, Arkansas no. Although with A&M and Missouri being in the SEC now, maybe Arkansas is actually screwed and will be teh vandy/UK of the West.

A&M should be pissed when they lose to anybody in the west not named LSU or Bama. Maybe they shouldn't be pissed when they lose to Auburn. Auburn's biggest asset is their little brother syndrome that pushes them to cheat harder and try harder than most programs; not sure if that should be enough to make A&M expect to not beat them consistently.

That said, A&M has underahcieved for a long time. Got to be hard to enjoy the program constantly underachieving like they do and it might be healthier for them if they could adjust their own perception of A&M.

TrapGame
11-01-2018, 04:05 PM
The problem with the A&M "sleeping giant" theory is that people have been saying it for years. Since the late 60s, they have had a huge student body, lots of money, and top notch facilities. They have had legendary National Title level coaches - Bear had won a Natty at KENTUCKY; Bellard was OC for one at Texas; Stallings would win one at Bama; Jackie had 2 unclaimed ones at Pitt (Sagarin); Jimbo had 1 at FSU. So my question is -which one of those coaches is going to wake up that sleeping giant? He's been sleeping since football was invented.

That giant ain't sleeping. He's in a coma.

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Went down a rabbit hole today on some twitter links and found my way to Texags forum.

Poster said aTm should never lose to schools from those "scruba*s states." Went on to say we have no resources, money, or recruits in the state. Said we should be an automatic win for them.

How delusional is that guy? We've been better or equal to them in every sport since they've joined the sec.

Maybe with all that money and resources they could field a team worth a shit.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-01-2018, 06:08 PM
UGA is the program that should never lose.... but they do.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 06:17 PM
I think Jack made a good point regarding the big money folk interfering too much. You gotta let the coach do his job without big money arm chair QB's 17ing with him.

It would appear to me, on the surface that the cheating that goes on in crootin' has leveled out across the football landscape. It still goes on, but you don't see the type of shit that was done so blatantly like SMU and OK back in the day. And the way the Bear used to sign everyone just to make sure others didn't get them.

Big money & Big fan bases will always give advantages to those schools who've got all that. There just seems to be differences these days that no longer give them as MUCH of an advantage as it used to. It's a hard pill to swallow for those big guys these days.

Political Hack
11-01-2018, 06:25 PM
Make no mistake, A&M should be a juggernaut. They're just not.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 06:29 PM

Lot's of schools should be juggernauts. but they ain't.

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2018, 06:31 PM
It is obvious there is something off about recruiting to aTm. I don’t know if it is the weird traditions, cult like fans..... it all seems off putting to me. Maybe it has the same effect on recruits?

I’ve been watching them for years. Back in the day when they played Texas on thanksgiving day. They were always smaller and slower than Texas.

Even though the resources are there..... they just can’t recruit well enough there.

parabrave
11-01-2018, 08:09 PM

Really never have been. Since the Junction Boys the highest they ever finished was 5th and that was Johnny Football. Arky has a more impressive history than they do. They have been the horns little brother and always will be.

Skydawg1
11-01-2018, 08:15 PM
They have been the horns little brother and always will be.Texas owns TAMU historically, but the day TAMU joined the SEC, Texas became Little Brother.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Texas owns TAMU historically, but the day TAMU joined the SEC, Texas became Little Brother.

Interesting and I think time will back up your assessment. 17 the Long Horns. Lived now for 15 yrs or so in Ft Worth. I do wish they would start scheduling themselves again though. Don't really hate the Long Horns like I hate shitbird U but they are an arrogant bunch. kinda reminds me of my 12 yr stint in Mempho with the Vol sucks.

Cowbell
11-01-2018, 08:56 PM
It is obvious there is something off about recruiting to aTm. I don?t know if it is the weird traditions, cult like fans..... it all seems off putting to me. Maybe it has the same effect on recruits?

I?ve been watching them for years. Back in the day when they played Texas on thanksgiving day. They were always smaller and slower than Texas.

Even though the resources are there..... they just can?t recruit well enough there.

I personally believe it is the atmosphere around college station. It is not easy to fit in there for everyone. If you are from that culture, you are fine. If not, you are gonna find places that fit you better as an 18 yr old kid. I would say that Starkville is more appealing to diverse backgrounds than is college station. Just think on that a bit. Another example is Stillwater, OK and Lubbock, TX.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 09:38 PM
I personally believe it is the atmosphere around college station. It is not easy to fit in there for everyone. If you are from that culture, you are fine. If not, you are gonna find places that fit you better as an 18 yr old kid. I would say that Starkville is more appealing to diverse backgrounds than is college station. Just think on that a bit. Another example is Stillwater, OK and Lubbock, TX.

This is a good post. College Football is a culturally diverse organization. I love the way it brings all races together, kinda like the military. I love seeing blacks and whites hugging and loving on each other. gives me good vibes. Knoxville , Fayetville are extremely white. I'm thinking MSU has an advantage here with our diverse student diversity. We need to use that to our advantage. If I'm not mistaken, we have the highest % of black students than the rest of the SEC. I like that. Capitalize on it.

WPS
11-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Really never have been. Since the Junction Boys the highest they ever finished was 5th and that was Johnny Football. Arky has a more impressive history than they do. They have been the horns little brother and always will be.

Their fans were the same way in the SWC. It eats at them that Arkansas leads the series by double digits despite them having a lot more “resources” to play with.

With that said, they currently have the #2 ranked class for 2019. A couple more like that and it’ll be hard for even them to screw up. They’ve always recruited well but not quite like that.

Dawg61
11-01-2018, 10:31 PM

And people have been saying this same damn thing about aTm for 50 straight years now. At what point is a sleeping giant just dead?

gravedigger
11-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Some Aggie fans are very cult-like. They don't follow reason or logic.

as are we

Bully13
11-01-2018, 10:36 PM
And people have been saying this same damn thing about aTm for 50 straight years now. At what point is a sleeping giant just dead?

LOL and they just got their asses whipped uhGAIN by MSU. LMAO. all these dumb 17's just don't get it. LMAO. How many ass whippings does it take before a retard gets what the 17's going on?

Bully13
11-01-2018, 10:38 PM
as are we

Get the 17 back to Lafayette County pu$$y.

msstate7
11-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Their fans were the same way in the SWC. It eats at them that Arkansas leads the series by double digits despite them having a lot more “resources” to play with.

With that said, they currently have the #2 ranked class for 2019. A couple more like that and it’ll be hard for even them to screw up. They’ve always recruited well but not quite like that.

And 6th in 2020 (real early though). He's really building the LOS in both classes... particularly on the oline (9 commits in the 2 classes combined)

Dawg61
11-01-2018, 10:42 PM
It is obvious there is something off about recruiting to aTm. I don’t know if it is the weird traditions, cult like fans..... it all seems off putting to me. Maybe it has the same effect on recruits?

I’ve been watching them for years. Back in the day when they played Texas on thanksgiving day. They were always smaller and slower than Texas.

Even though the resources are there..... they just can’t recruit well enough there.

aTm is just weird as hell. Them making fun of the Mississippi schools is like Kevin Spacey making fun of an actor that keeps landing roles over him.

gravedigger
11-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Get the 17 back to Lafayette County pu$$y.

Funny. I think our fans are just as cultish and irrational as that A&M poster and that makes me an Ole Miss fan.

You need to take a minute and breath. Seriously.

Dawg61
11-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Funny. I think our fans are just as cultish and irrational as that A&M poster and that makes me an Ole Miss fan.

You need to take a minute and breath. Seriously.

Nobody is as cultish as aTm. They have 20,000 students dress up like they are in the military including the haircuts when they aren't actually in the military. They don't have female cheerleaders. They participate in YELL practices.

Bubb Rubb
11-02-2018, 09:49 AM

It's never going to happen unless they start recruiting the southeast. Generally speaking, Texas football is soft, and the high school Texas athlete is a better fit for the Big 12 than the SEC.

TrapGame
11-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Nobody is as cultish as aTm. They have 20,000 students dress up like they are in the military including the haircuts when they aren't actually in the military. They don't have female cheerleaders. They participate in YELL practices.

And don't forget the bonfire you can see from orbit.

Ari Gold
11-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Maybe someone should tell this Bag that AM might want to have a winning record against us first .. before he spews this nonsense ..
That’s a very weird place there in college station.

BB30
11-02-2018, 10:57 AM

Yep, and our record with KY is much closer than our record with Auburn and Bama.

We are much closer historically to KY than we are Auburn in football as far as programs go.

The instant gratification needed by some of our fans now is unreal. It takes time to build a program if your building said program on a solid foundation. It will take winning with a couple of different coaches consecutively to start to change the perception of our program. Our perception is just now starting to change after what we have done over the last decade. Just have to keep winning.

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Yep, and our record with KY is much closer than our record with Auburn and Bama.

We are much closer historically to KY than we are Auburn in football as far as programs go.

The instant gratification needed by some of our fans now is unreal. It takes time to build a program if your building said program on a solid foundation. It will take winning with a couple of different coaches consecutively to start to change the perception of our program. Our perception is just now starting to change after what we have done over the last decade. Just have to keep winning.

You are right. In looking at the SEC since the 1992 expansion, our program is even or better with most opponents not named Bama, LSU, Auburn, or UGA.

Arkansas 9-16-1 (11-16-1 alltime) - this looks bad, but we are 6-4 over the last 10 years.
Florida 4-5 (19-34-2)
Kentucky 17-10 (24-21)
OM 13-13 (43-62-5)
Mizzou 1-0 (1-2)
SC 7-9 (7-9)
A&M 4-3 since 2012 (7-5)
Vandy 6-1 (13-7-2)

We have improved against Auburn too - but not much. However, over the last 10 years we are 4-6 against the Barn, and hopefully a positive trend.
You can chuck UGA, because we have always played them infrequently

That leaves us really trailing the big 2 in the west. As bad as it sounds, even winning 2 of the last 5 is an improvement versus where we were for most of the 90s and 00s against LSU.
The Bama thing is bad - but always has been.

We are also 41-8 over the past 10 years (including this year) in OOC including bowls. That is a huge, huge turn from losing to Troy, Maine, and tying teams like Arkansas St. on a regular basis.
Considering that all but that OOC record includes the Croom Error and the end of the Jackie era - people have to start to recognize that we are not where near the MSU of the 1950s-1990.

It also shows how much parity there is outside of Bama & LSU in the west and UGA in the east.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2018, 01:48 PM
That’s a very weird place there in college station.

So.... does anyone know what the deal was with the aGgies running around in overalls, no shirt and red shoes. Looked like students. Also twirling something in their hand as the ran.

Weird AF!

WPDawg
11-03-2018, 11:30 AM
https://texags.com/s/30019/texags-stewdio-doctors-discover-cure-for-aggie-novembers

IMissJack
11-04-2018, 03:31 PM
I've lived in Houston for 25 years, wife is an Aggie, so I have seen lots of their games. I believe HS football in TX is just not geared for football in the SEC. It lends itself to the BIG XII and the high scoring games.

TUSK
11-04-2018, 04:10 PM
You are right. In looking at the SEC since the 1992 expansion, our program is even or better with most opponents not named Bama, LSU, Auburn, or UGA.

Arkansas 9-16-1 (11-16-1 alltime) - this looks bad, but we are 6-4 over the last 10 years.
Florida 4-5 (19-34-2)
Kentucky 17-10 (24-21)
OM 13-13 (43-62-5)
Mizzou 1-0 (1-2)
SC 7-9 (7-9)
A&M 4-3 since 2012 (7-5)
Vandy 6-1 (13-7-2)

We have improved against Auburn too - but not much. However, over the last 10 years we are 4-6 against the Barn, and hopefully a positive trend.
You can chuck UGA, because we have always played them infrequently

That leaves us really trailing the big 2 in the west. As bad as it sounds, even winning 2 of the last 5 is an improvement versus where we were for most of the 90s and 00s against LSU.
The Bama thing is bad - but always has been.

We are also 41-8 over the past 10 years (including this year) in OOC including bowls. That is a huge, huge turn from losing to Troy, Maine, and tying teams like Arkansas St. on a regular basis.
Considering that all but that OOC record includes the Croom Error and the end of the Jackie era - people have to start to recognize that we are not where near the MSU of the 1950s-1990.

It also shows how much parity there is outside of Bama & LSU in the west and UGA in the east.

Good analysis... this supports that... Conference records since A&M joined in 2012:

TEAM Win% W L
Alabama 0.906 48 5

Georgia 0.686 35 16
La State 0.646 31 17
Florida 0.600 30 20

Texas A&M 0.521 25 23
Auburn 0.520 26 24
S Carolina 0.500 24 24
Miss St 0.500 24 24
Missouri 0.460 23 27
Mississippi 0.458 22 26

Tennessee 0.312 15 33