PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Visit Restrictions Overturned

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Crazy. I guess they were never on probation.

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

hacker
11-01-2018, 11:29 AM
tl;dr

So are they eligible for bowl this year?

msstate7
11-01-2018, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't say that. 2015 they won the sugar bowl after making the "peach" the year before. They won 11 games the next 2 years, and they lost freeze. Most importantly, those class rankings have tanked. Did they get what they deserved? No, but they didn't get off completely

Tbonewannabe
11-01-2018, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't say that. 2015 they won the sugar bowl after making the "peach" the year before. They won 11 games the next 2 years, and they lost freeze. Most importantly, those class rankings have tanked. Did they get what they deserved? No, but they didn't get off completely

They got less than we did from Jackie's 3 year investigation only they actually found violations in UM's case. This just lays it out that you don't roll over and take anything from the NCAA. We have always dropped the hammer on ourselves and this proves it is completely unnecessary.

Mobile Bay
11-01-2018, 11:36 AM
tl;dr

No. The tweet, like everything else Ole Miss has said about this is a lie. Only the restriction on unofficial visits was overturned. The rest is upheld.

TheRef
11-01-2018, 11:36 AM
tl;dr

Bowl restriction stands. Unofficial visit restriction is overturned.

thf24
11-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Inconsequential. They wouldn't have enforced it anyone given how tedious it would have been to do so.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 11:47 AM
So I guess they'll get right on vacating those wins today*****

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Absolute horseshit. That was the one penalty that carried any weight. Yes, it would have been next to impossible to enforce, but when it was abused, it would have been easy to see. Not that the NCAA would have done anything when it was....

Yes, the investigation itself resolved a lot of the issues that they were cutting corners on, and in some instances down right crossing the line on and thumbing their nose to anyone that looked their way. It got rid of Freeze and a few of his cronies. It outlined the fanbase for what it is, and what we have known it to be pretty much its entire history. The rest of the sports world learned it this go round.

They have been knocked to their knees for a short time, when it should have been longer.

A wise man once told me....you can shave the hair off of a cheetah, paint it purple, and it will no longer look like a cheetah. But underneath, it still is. The same goes for OM. They are who they are. Hell, it was proven they were still cheating DURING the investigation. How bold is that? If anyone thinks they will stop with their ways, they are badly mistaken. It has been proven time and time again over history.

The beat goes on....

Cooterpoot
11-01-2018, 12:26 PM
They lose an ass ton of talent this year and really don't have much coming in. Had Dan Mullen handled his business and not given up at AL the last 5+ years, we'd be laughing at them.

LC Dawg
11-01-2018, 12:27 PM
The visit restriction was the only real punishment so they basically got away with everything. The bowl ban is inconsequential with recruits.

Ari Gold
11-01-2018, 12:27 PM
They got less than we did from Jackie's 3 year investigation only they actually found violations in UM's case. This just lays it out that you don't roll over and take anything from the NCAA. We have always dropped the hammer on ourselves and this proves it is completely unnecessary.

Correct.
Going forward they are still going to be a shit product for the next couple of years but if the NCAA had any balls about them this program would have been buried for a long while

Just know this NCAA...
In a few years down the road when y’all have to go back there spending money and time, asking questions, during interviews , investigating and going thru this whole circus again.... it’s your own ****ing fault..!!!

Ari Gold
11-01-2018, 12:31 PM
They lose an ass ton of talent this year and really don't have much coming in. Had Dan Mullen handled his business and not given up at AL the last 5+ years, we'd be laughing at them.

This is so true.
Like him or hate him , That SOB quit on his team right after the Bama game last year.. And that’s a fact.

thf24
11-01-2018, 12:32 PM
The visit restriction was the only real punishment so they basically got away with everything. The bowl ban is inconsequential with recruits.

How would the NCAA effectively monitor and enforce it, even if they wanted to? That penalty was meaningless from the beginning.

DownwardDawg
11-01-2018, 12:34 PM
This is so true.
Like him or hate him , That SOB quit on his team right after the Bama game last year.. And that’s a fact.

He did that several years.

msbulldog
11-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Well it did cost the 20 million + and they ain't ATM.

Ari Gold
11-01-2018, 01:08 PM
He did that several years.

He shopped us around for several years but Not like last year.. Told Cohen he was leaving a day after the Bama game..
Funny thing is Fla wasn’t the landing spot in the beginning..
the biggest thank you that needs to be sent to DM and Fla is from Jermey Pruitt...

fishwater99
11-01-2018, 01:26 PM

LT and Brackey are to blame for this...

StateDawg44
11-01-2018, 01:34 PM

Hahaha are you seriously that butt hurt still? How do you even find a way to turn this around and put some sort of blame on Mullen vs. Bama from the appeal ruling? Your statement has exactly 0% to do with anything regarding OM, an investigation or the NCAA. Why even go there?

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2018, 01:57 PM
He shopped us around for several years but Not like last year.. Told Cohen he was leaving a day after the Bama game..
Funny thing is Fla wasn’t the landing spot in the beginning..
the biggest thank you that needs to be sent to DM and Fla is from Jermey Pruitt...

Crazy that he was leaving for Tennessee. Just wild that he actually was considering leaving for that dumpster fire

Dawgology
11-01-2018, 01:59 PM
How would the NCAA effectively monitor and enforce it, even if they wanted to? That penalty was meaningless from the beginning.

This. There is literally no way to keep someone from coming to a campus on their own. None. I look for the penalty to go away from the books completely.

LC Dawg
11-01-2018, 02:05 PM

Social media. Every recruit reports where they are every weekend. Ole Miss would have paid them to not tell where they are but it would get out. Kids can't help themselves. They have to be on social media. There would be pictures of them on the sidelines. I know a lot of people think the unofficial visit ban was meaningless but I think they would have gotten busted on it.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Funny thing is Fla wasn?t the landing spot in the beginning..

Yeah he spent the week of the Egg Bowl texting back and forth with the AD at UT. The UT AD sent Dan a text on Saturday(the night before he accepted the UF job) saying we are sending the plane tomorrow to pick you up is that good? Dan never replied and the rest is history.

thf24
11-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Social media. Every recruit reports where they are every weekend. Ole Miss would have paid them to not tell where they are but it would get out. Kids can't help themselves. They have to be on social media. There would be pictures of them on the sidelines. I know a lot of people think the unofficial visit ban was meaningless but I think they would have gotten busted on it.

If social media was actionable evidence in the NCAA's eyes, a laundry list of schools with OM at the top would be under the jail right now.

MadDawg
11-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Yeah he spent the week of the Egg Bowl texting back and forth with the AD at UT. The UT AD sent Dan a text on Saturday(the night before he accepted the UF job) saying we are sending the plane tomorrow to pick you up is that good? Dan never replied and the rest is history.

If sending a few texts during a week means you've quite trying in your job, I'm going to assume all you guys posting on these message boards must be unemployed and sitting on your couch.

Cooterpoot
11-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Hahaha are you seriously that butt hurt still? How do you even find a way to turn this around and put some sort of blame on Mullen vs. Bama from the appeal ruling? Your statement has exactly 0% to do with anything regarding OM, an investigation or the NCAA. Why even go there?

Your reading comprehension sucks ass sir. I simply (paraphrasing) said had Dan done his job, we'd have handled them the last 5+ years on the field. He didn't. Every year at the AL game he started his job interviews.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 03:32 PM
If sending a few texts during a week means you've quite trying in your job, I'm going to assume all you guys posting on these message boards must be unemployed and sitting on your couch.

No, how ill prepared we were for that game showed it, not the texting and he was ill prepared because he spent the week lining up another job(and we didn't exactly look well prepared the week before either). And I can post on here because I'm my own boss, so there's that.

thf24
11-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Your reading comprehension sucks ass sir. I simply (paraphrasing) said had Dan done his job, we'd have handled them the last 5+ years on the field. He didn't. Every year at the AL game he started his job interviews.

It's not a coincidence that the only time we really beat the shit out of them since the Nutt collapse was in a losing season when no one was interested in Dan. Only other win in that time period was in a crummy 6-6 season when interest also would have been at a minimum.

War Machine Dawg
11-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Completely ridiculous. If it wasn't obvious enough before, it should be now. It's anything goes as far as crootin'. The NCAA has no intention of enforcing the rules or doing anything that would upset the gravy train. If you don't penalize yourself and fight back, you'll essentially skate. The Network will ramp right back up to full speed within the next month. Just watch. The Wild West is here. Do we have the guts to go "all in?" Because that's what it's going to take now.

Ari Gold
11-01-2018, 04:06 PM

Kids hear rumors, the Country Club knew ,.. Did you watch the shit show the following week in Fayetteville??
If you don’t think Dan checking out 100% after Bama had an effect on the team and the preparation those last 2 games then you just aren’t very smart sports wise.

MadDawg
11-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Kids hear rumors, the Country Club knew ,.. Did you watch the shit show the following week in Fayetteville??
If you don’t think Dan checking out 100% after Bama had an effect on the team and the preparation those last 2 games then you just aren’t very smart sports wise.

Look, you can believe what you want to. I just see it as making excuses to make yourself feel better about losing to them.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
11-01-2018, 05:32 PM
ole miss got a 2 year bowl ban and lost 10 million dollars in revenue plus a hefty fine from the NCAA. There were a few other things they lost including a few coaches. does anyone else recall anything else.

Schultzy
11-01-2018, 05:35 PM
When he failed to show for the 2014 regular season finale he was dead to me, he and the DC on staff that year that also failed to finish out the season.

Homedawg
11-01-2018, 06:21 PM
LT and Brackey are to blame for this...

Wow. Bracket? He wasn't even in charge of compliance then. Hell of a note he gets blamed when it wasn't him. Good grief.

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Their program is no where near what it was. They payed a big price.

Homedawg
11-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Their program is no where near what it was. They payed a big price.

But not the price they should have.

Political Hack
11-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Wow. Bracket? He wasn't even in charge of compliance then. Hell of a note he gets blamed when it wasn't him. Good grief.

Who's this Brackey guy?

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2018, 06:47 PM
But not the price they should have.

Not close what we wanted no, but that was never going to happen. Hugh is gone and their head coach is a position coach they wanted to fire. Let that sink in.

Homedawg
11-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Who's this Brackey guy?

Ha. I won't defend him in your case. At all......But before he was in charge it can't be his fault....

Todd4State
11-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Ole Miss gets their visits back.

We get Tony Hughes.

Win MSU.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Ole Miss gets their visits back.

We get Tony Hughes.

Win MSU.

Tony Huges is coming back?

Bully13
11-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Who's this Brackey guy?

LOL Hack.

Todd4State
11-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Tony Huges is coming back?

Potentially.

TimberBeast
11-02-2018, 12:35 AM
Correct.
Going forward they are still going to be a shit product for the next couple of years but if the NCAA had any balls about them this program would have been buried for a long while

Just know this NCAA...
In a few years down the road when y?all have to go back there spending money and time, asking questions, during interviews , investigating and going thru this whole circus again.... it?s your own ****ing fault..!!!

That?s just job security for the ncaa enforcement people.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-02-2018, 05:50 AM
Ole Miss is just as likely to hire Hughes as we are....

Bully13
11-02-2018, 06:04 AM

seriously? why would he choose shitbird U over us?

msbulldog
11-02-2018, 06:44 AM

Tony Hughes won't go to Mississippi, he's been there before.

StateDawg44
11-02-2018, 08:01 AM

Hold on I'm still laughing because you still sound butt hurt. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Believe me, what you said has been said so many times it doesn't need explanation or clarification. You didn't just come up with a eye opening fresh take by any means. Keep blaming though instead of just moving on though. It is what it is and it's already happened. MOVE ONE. Being sure to point it out this time, just like it's been pointed out in the other thousands of threads by others will finally get the point across maybe.