PDA

View Full Version : When I go to MSU football games

Dawgology
11-01-2018, 10:16 AM
I never sit up in the 300 sections. I've always sat in the lower section usually between the 30 yard lines if I can get them. This weekend (due to a commitment) I will be forced to sit up in the 300's on the upper level. Does anyone here sit up there? How is the view? Pros vs Cons?

Johnson85
11-01-2018, 10:22 AM
I know people that like it, but I'd rather watch on TV. You lose some of the atmosphere (although I've never been up there for a big game, so maybe that's not true when it's packed). And while it's sort of nice for seeing plays develop, it's hard to follow the action otherwise. Maybe my eyesight just sucks though.

Dawgbite
11-01-2018, 10:24 AM
My season tickets used to be in 300 west side. Great view of the game and chairbacks to boot. Those ramps are 5 miles long going up and 2 miles long going down. It's probably better now since they added the additional elevators.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2018, 10:42 AM
I was roll one section 309 West Side for years. I now sit in section 20 almost as high as you can and I cannot see as good as I did on the upper deck.

Plus for upper deck:
See the entire field and what is happening in the plays.
Hear the speakers. You know what is being said by the Refs and announcers.
Easier access to the concessions and rest rooms.

Negatives for upper deck:
You don't feel the energy in the stadium.
If on West Side you most likely be sitting close to an LSU, Ole MIss or Bama fan in those games.

Lower level plus:
No ramps or elevators you have to contend with. Closer to the field.

Lower level negatives.
The rolls are longer and it is harder to get out.
The step are spaced far apart and you could easily fall.
Cos-sessions takes for ever. If you go at half time you will miss most of or all of the third quarter.
You can barely hear the speakers during the game.

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2018, 10:48 AM
I never sit up in the 300 sections. I've always sat in the lower section usually between the 30 yard lines if I can get them. This weekend (due to a commitment) I will be forced to sit up in the 300's on the upper level. Does anyone here sit up there? How is the view? Pros vs Cons?

I love the upper west side. I'd rather sit there than any other non-premium seat in the stadium, especially if it's in the front two rows.

Hot Rock
11-01-2018, 10:54 AM
I prefer the upper deck myself. The view is just so much better up there. I hate field level, you can't see the entire field. That's why so many coordinators are in the booth calling plays.

I moved to the lower deck and wished I had not moved.

The atmosphere was more subdued up there and the walk was taxing but I need the darn exercise.

When the stadium starts rocking, you can't help but get caught up in it up there or anywhere.

If I am high up in the lower deck under then that's the best but I have to wear earplugs under all that concrete.

afranzo
11-01-2018, 11:02 AM
We have sat in the upper deck (300s) since we started having season tickets in 2011... bounced around locations but are now in section 306 row 1 (i might be jaded since it is row 1)...but the view is perfect.... atmosphere is great... concessions and restrooms are easy.... i have always hated sitting low at any football game or in the end zones, i avoid it at all costs... here is the view from our seats...

might be cool if other people posted a view from their seats just to see some real views from different sections...

https://i.imgur.com/Kxc7fzi.jpg

MedDawg
11-01-2018, 11:19 AM

I sat in the 300's for a game this season (row 9, chairbacks) and the view was good, like the second level in the Superdome. The 300's have a MUCH better view than the Scoreboard Club seat I was in last weekend. I will do whatever is possible to never sit in an endzone again.

starkvegasdawg
11-01-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm upper deck east side and love it. Main thing is the climate controlled so those early day games when it's 175 outside you can go in there to cool off. Great if you have kids. Also love the view. Can see the plays developing.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 11:55 AM
I love the upper west side. I'd rather sit there than any other non-premium seat in the stadium, especially if it's in the front two rows.

This, I've sat in this section many,many, many times and it's dang good.

Msu65
11-01-2018, 12:23 PM

I have had season tickets in 334 for over 10 years. Good view of whole field. Love that the concession stand area is temperature controlled since my daughter spends most of her time down there. Downside is that the atmosphere is not nearly as good as lower level. There is noise, but not nearly like that at lower levels. Plus the band sits right below us, and all we hear are muffled sounds from the band. Never have understood why they could not place the band in the expanded north student area, and move those students to where the band currently sits. That still provides contiguous seating for the students. Currently, for those who care, the entire upper east stands are deprived of hearing the band for the entire game.

fader2103
11-01-2018, 12:26 PM
For you since you never been that high....take Kleenex. You will sure to get your first nosebleed. :)

Buddy
11-01-2018, 12:58 PM
We have tried nearly all sections in DWS and choose to sit in the 300 level. Our seats are in the first 2 rows on about the 40-yard line. These seats are below the walkway that runs the length of the stadium and are extremely easy to access from the concourse. The view of the game is much better than what you get in the lower level. Also, the rows are MUCH shorter which means you are not constantly standing to allow people to pass by you either leaving or returning to their seats (this was a common occurrence in the lower level west side seats, especially in sections 3, 4 and 5).... this reason alone finally led to my wife saying she was never sitting in the lower level again.... and we then made the permanent move to the upper deck.

The new elevators move fairly quickly and we generally choose them over walking the ramps (although the walk is not terrible). We have sat in both the east and west upper deck and like them both. The east upper deck has a fully enclosed concourse that is air-conditioned.... very nice during the hot games. The concourse on the upper west side is not as nice and has no air-conditioning.

CarthageDawg
11-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Check out https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Davis+Wade+Stadium/level/4/300+Level/

I use this for stadiums all over the country before buying tickets, and I try to post pics of my own to help others.

drunkernhelldawg
11-01-2018, 01:19 PM
You really can see the game from up there. And it's close enough to be worthwhile.

I sat near the top at a Saints game and the field was so far away that I regretted being at the game.

West Tn Dawg
11-01-2018, 08:04 PM
How many rows are in the 300 sections?

BuckyIsAB****
11-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Gotta love the SkyDawgs

Dawgology
11-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys. You’ve given me hope! We will be in section 333 I think. But I’m not positive

West Tn Dawg
11-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys. You’ve given me hope! We will be in section 333 I think. But I’m not positive

I'm going to be in 307. Right above my daughters in Section4!

reno hightower
11-02-2018, 06:18 AM
I love our seats section 333
Only negative is walking up the ramps.

Buddy
11-02-2018, 06:52 AM
How many rows are in the 300 sections?

26 rows on east side, 25 on west side.

https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/mississippi_state_university/football/?DB_OEM_ID=16800#/level_1/

Sienfield
11-02-2018, 07:32 AM
I sat in the very upper section of the stadium at Kyle Field a few years ago (the first year after the renovated it) and that was an experence.

You could see from Houston to Dallas up there.

You needed your own oxygen tank.

The sound from the field took a couple seconds to reach us.

and oh, the stadium swayed each time they did a cheer.

MSU lost the game but otherwise a good experence.

West Tn Dawg
11-02-2018, 09:02 AM
26 rows on east side, 25 on west side.

https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/mississippi_state_university/football/?DB_OEM_ID=16800#/level_1/

Thanks Buddy!
I Googled everything last night looking for this.

sleepy dawg
11-02-2018, 09:20 AM
I've sat there for years. I prefer the upper deck to the lower deck, assuming I'm not too high up. At the very top, it does start to get a little too far away, but if you're in the first few rows and inside the 20's, you'll have a very good view of the field. The atmosphere will be weak for a game like LA Tech, but it can get rockin during big time games.

To me there are 2 negatives: less options for concessions due to lack of vendors, and the speakers are too loud. Granted, I sit closer to the south endzone where the speakers are, but my ears will be hurting before the game even starts from them blasting music. I'm not sure why they have the volume as loud an hour before the game starts as it is during the game.... For most though, this probably isn't a big deal.

West Tn Dawg
11-02-2018, 01:16 PM
What about Handicap parking? If I bring my Mom, she has a handicap mirror tag. Is that all that is required?

viverlibre
11-02-2018, 06:51 PM
What about Handicap parking? If I bring my Mom, she has a handicap mirror tag. Is that all that is required?

I hear quite a bit of complaining about handicap parking (too far way, little cart service, etc), but have no expeirence with it.

We sit in the lower rows of section 308 (chairbacks), best seats in the house. Row 1 has a rail in font of your face, that may or may not be an issue for some.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2018, 02:08 AM
I've sat there for years. I prefer the upper deck to the lower deck, assuming I'm not too high up. At the very top, it does start to get a little too far away, but if you're in the first few rows and inside the 20's, you'll have a very good view of the field. The atmosphere will be weak for a game like LA Tech, but it can get rockin during big time games.

To me there are 2 negatives: less options for concessions due to lack of vendors, and the speakers are too loud. Granted, I sit closer to the south endzone where the speakers are, but my ears will be hurting before the game even starts from them blasting music. I'm not sure why they have the volume as loud an hour before the game starts as it is during the game.... For most though, this probably isn't a big deal.

I've mostly sat in the upper decks, usually on the west side, for years. This year we went to the lower deck right next to the band. The atmosphere there is almost like being back in the student section, I love it. That being said I'd much rather be back up top, as long as it's in the first 10 or so rows. For the big games the atmosphere is still pretty good. You can see and tell more about the game from up there. The concession lines are WAY better. The restrooms aren't as crowded. The leg room is much better. The rows aren't as long so you don't trip over as many people or have as many trip over you. The PA is a trade off. Up high it is WAY too loud, to the point of being incredibly annoying and almost painful. Where we are now you basically can't hear it, even when the band isn't playing.

viverlibre
11-03-2018, 08:33 AM
The PA is a trade off. Up high it is WAY too loud, to the point of being incredibly annoying and almost painful.

Concur with this, espically pre kickoff when the rap music is being played. During the game I don't noitice it as much.

West Tn Dawg
11-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Looking at the parking map, there is next to no where to park for the average fan that does not have a parking pass. Any suggestions?