PDA

View Full Version : Beat Up on Tusker...

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:33 PM
Sorry about the HiJack... Kill me here....

My contention is that Bammer has a better overall D, more next level cats, and I believe that applies to DL/Pass Rush Types, as well...

torch me up, but please support the argument...

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2018, 10:36 PM
I'd say States defense is more proven considering who we have both seen. Arkansas did light yall up pretty good before that game was out of hand

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 10:36 PM

My contention is that Bammer has a better overall D, more next level cats, and I believe that applies to DL/Pass Rush Types, as well...

Don't really wanna go back and forth too much cause there ain't much of a way to prove it. I will say this ... you may have more next level cats on Dline ... but how good are they THIS year. They may develop to be next level cats and have the talent to do so, but not there THIS year.

That's same argument I'm making about THIS year's Bama team. Are they talented as hell ... sure. But overall how good are they THIS year.

1995 Cornhuskers.

Cowbell
10-31-2018, 10:37 PM
The only comparison game we have is Texas A&M. We gave up 260 total yards to your 390. That?s 50% more TUSk. It?s really not even a discussion. You guys may beat us by 60 next week but you better hope that Tua has less snaps than Hurts. You need Tua to keep his confidence down the stretch and our D is going to be playing with their hair on fire. We are the only team in this league that is not scared of y?all. Simmons, Sweat, Rivers, Thompson, Gay, Green, Hoyett, Kobe, and Landrews will all get their shots at Tua. They have nothing to lose. And they have had you by the balls before. We could cause your dream season to come crashing down.

BTW Tusk, I enjoy your posts on here but I?m just a newbie. I think you do a good job of being unbiased most of the time and always add positive to conversations. This is honestly the first thing I have disagreed with you on. But you will soon agree with me because you are a man of common sense.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:44 PM
I'd say States defense is more proven considering who we have both seen. Arkansas did light yall up pretty good before that game was out of hand

Yup, arkie had two legit drives. Fact.

chef dixon
10-31-2018, 10:45 PM
9 touchdowns in 8 games. We have one of the worst performing offenses in the nation v one of the best in Bama. I?m not sure our punter has hit it past 40 yards this year.

Simmons to me (biased) is the baddest man in college football. The media has been fapping to Ed Oliver, Nick Bosa, Clemson D line etc, but give me Simmons any day of the week and definitely twice on Sundays.

Coach007
10-31-2018, 10:52 PM

My honest opinion is that our defense would crush your offense from last year. I don't think you would have scored 17. That's how great this defense is.

TUA... he is a different Animal. His passing game make it hard for any defense and it's that offense we have to face. We have seen our safeties stand still while somebody gets deep in every game! Not sure how our DC will scheme for him, but I do know that our DL vs your OL will present you some problems and allow for a few strong blitzes.

If we are comparing defense to defense, it's More than likely that I would say that MS ST D is slightly better due to being better at more positions. Example... the DL. I feel we have 3 better players starting.

If we are talking what will happen... and who will win.. I don't know. I honestly thought we would be undefeated heading into that game. Now I'm not sure what offense will be called or if a new playbook will be introduced on the Thursday before we play you....

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:53 PM
The only comparison game we have is Texas A&M. We gave up 260 total yards to your 390. That?s 50% more TUSk. It?s really not even a discussion. You guys may beat us by 60 next week but you better hope that Tua has less snaps than Hurts. You need Tua to keep his confidence down the stretch and our D is going to be playing with their hair on fire. We are the only team in this league that is not scared of y?all. Simmons, Sweat, Rivers, Thompson, Gay, Green, Hoyett, Kobe, and Landrews will all get their shots at Tua. They have nothing to lose. And they have had you by the balls before. We could cause your dream season to come crashing down.

BTW Tusk, I enjoy your posts on here but I?m just a newbie. I think you do a good job of being unbiased most of the time and always add positive to conversations. This is honestly the first thing I have disagreed with you on. But you will soon agree with me because you are a man of common sense.

Dude, we are cool. This is just entertainment!

SEC football is just my bag. And, yes, I’m a bammer homer.

And I no little about the nfl.

Also, I will concede that Bammer has a shite schedule this year. But the D IMO, is vastly underrated.

Heck, we may have 6 first round type cats total.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:55 PM
9 touchdowns in 8 games. We have one of the worst performing offenses in the nation v one of the best in Bama. I?m not sure our punter has hit it past 40 yards this year.

Simmons to me (biased) is the baddest man in college football. The media has been fapping to Ed Oliver, Nick Bosa, Clemson D line etc, but give me Simmons any day of the week and definitely twice on Sundays.

Agreed on all points, however you need to take a closer look at our DT. He may be the 1st/2nd taken... (DL)

Todd4State
10-31-2018, 11:12 PM
Here you go.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category09/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category01/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

Trick or treat.**

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2018, 11:18 PM
Yup, arkie had two legit drives. Fact.

But I think us allowing 28 to UK when they arent that good on O is a big knock on us.

Now granted our O being so bad had a LOT to do with that. Snell is good but he is no better than our guys on D

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 11:20 PM
Here you go.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category09/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category01/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

Trick or treat.**

Well I guess that's game, set and match! Considering how up and down our offense has been and how bad our punting has been that's even more impressive what our d has done!

TUSK
10-31-2018, 11:30 PM
Here you go.

Trick or treat.**

Not fair! We’ve not played #11 LSU, #6 MSU, or #9 AU, yet!

Todd4State
11-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Well I guess that's game, set and match! Considering how up and down our offense has been and how bad our punting has been that's even more impressive what our d has done!

True. I haven't gone in depth but I can remember at least 2-3 scores by our opponents on a short field after a turnover by our offense- K-State, Kentucky, and LSU plus the field goal last week where we had a terrible line drive punt that put A&M in field goal territory before the defense even stepped foot on the field.

Todd4State
11-01-2018, 12:18 AM
Not fair! We’ve not played #11 LSU, #6 MSU, or #9 AU, yet!

You have however played #11 PPG Arkansas, tied for last Tennessee, and allowed more points to #7 A&M at home than we did. Not to mention ULL also scored more points on you as well. I mention that only because it's a common opponent.

Ole Miss looks impressive until you look at their PPG in conference play where they rank 13th in PPG.

And to Commerce's point but a different view- it has to be easier to play defense when your offense is scoring 50+ per game.

TimberBeast
11-01-2018, 01:35 AM

I’m not going to get into not supporting it, but you know our D is better. That’s why you made the post, midweek lush thread topic.

Dawgbite
11-01-2018, 06:54 AM
I'll give you that Bama likely has more draft picks but i would also contend that if we swapped personnel on defense, Bama would still have more draft picks. Those red uniforms and the 'Process" are a proven commodity, the maroon uniforms and the yearly parade of defensive coaches, not so much.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2018, 08:35 AM

and one of those TD LSU started on the three yard line and took three plays to get it in.

drunkernhelldawg
11-01-2018, 08:44 AM
That thought gives me hope, that we may actually be superior to Bama on defense. Problem is that these high powered offenses can hardly be shut down.

It does give me great memories of the Johnny Cooks/ Billy Jackson days in the early 80's when State had a defense that neither bent nor broke.

6-3 baby. 6-3.

Johnson85
11-01-2018, 09:06 AM

Not super educated on Bama, but I think our D is probably better even though Bama might have more positions where you'd take their starter. Davis is as good as anybody I think, but I don't think you have a better combo than Sweat/Simmons and i think overall our front 7 is better.

But it may be that I'd take State against strong run teams and Bama against teams with elite wide receivers.

Covercorner2
11-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Why do you call everyone "cats?"

Bully13
11-01-2018, 09:15 AM
I think another advantage is when you combine our 1st and 2nd team Def Line. We are deep on DL. Gives us fresh legs late in the game. I see our offense getting better each game and I think bamer's D will be also get better each game.

Dawgbite
11-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Why do you call everyone "cats?"

He's a throwback to a time when drugs were good and sex was free. In his day 'ME TOO" meant a threesome!

sonofozarka
11-01-2018, 01:23 PM
I'll play.

The MSU defense is better, and will prove it in the rankings and common opponents this year.

- Simmons is better than any DT Bama has. Raekwon and Quinnen W are both better than MSU's 2nd best DT.
- Sweat is much better than any edge rusher Bama has, and the draft projections agree. You don't see Christian Miller on anyone's draft board. He's above average, but not elite. Anfernee Jennings is an edge setter/run defender that makes little impact on pass rushing, so I'd say MSU might even have the edge there too.
- Big edge to MSU on depth, MSU's 2nd and 3rd DL's are much better than Bama's this year.

- LB is a wash, Bama may have a slight edge with 32&30, but 40 for MSU is underrated and MSU is deeper

- Secondary both have a 1st rounder at safety, both sets of corners are good but none projected to be 1st/2nd rounders (Surtain will be in 2 years). MSU is more experienced and playing more sound because of that this yr.

The difference in the teams obviously comes on the offensive end. MSU has a good OL and probably slightly better on the interior, but Bama has better tackles that are much better pass protectors. But the QB/WR gap is as wide as can be, as well as IMO Bama's scheme is better on offense since JoMo doesn't really know what he wants to do or what the team can do yet.

drunkernhelldawg
11-01-2018, 02:02 PM
He's a throwback to a time when drugs were good and sex was free. In his day 'ME TOO" meant a threesome!

You're supposed to pay for sex?

Dawgbite
11-01-2018, 02:04 PM
You're supposed to pay for sex?

And you never get the title for it.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2018, 03:42 PM

When is drugs are good and sex was free changed? I think it is easier to get high and laid now days.