PDA

View Full Version : Cam dantzler

msstate7
10-31-2018, 08:25 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/52hmHbcx/5-B810-DB6-DBB9-4235-B984-65907855-A40-E.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 08:26 PM
Dude has been lockdown all year.

KOdawg1
10-31-2018, 08:27 PM
Put his ass on A.J. in the egg bowl.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 08:38 PM
I honestly can't remember the last time dantzler gave up a reception. I'm sure there's had to be some but it ain't been many. And I'm with KO he should follow AJ every where he goes from the time they leave the lockeroom

msstate7
10-31-2018, 08:40 PM
Interesting that LSU has 2 of PFF's top rated CBs in the sec. I think the passing windows are gonna be much smaller for Tua this week

thf24
10-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Put his ass on A.J. in the egg bowl.

I wonder how much of both AJ's production and OM's production in general last year came on the plays where Grantham left JT Gray man on him with no help so he didn't have to check out of his blitz. Probably would have comfortably won with everything else remaining the same if not for that handful of plays.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 08:54 PM
Interesting that LSU has 2 of PFF's top rated CBs in the sec. I think the passing windows are gonna be much smaller for Tua this week

no doubt.... a couple more, and they'd be in business.*

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 08:56 PM
no doubt.... a couple more, and they'd be in business.*

Yeah I think that's gonna be the problem for LSU. They need a couple more and with a dl that doesn't get pressure not a good matchup for LSU.

Sacrifice
10-31-2018, 09:07 PM
Cam is a stud! He's been getting better and better every week. He's great in run support too.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 09:09 PM
Yeah I think that's gonna be the problem for LSU. They need a couple more and with a dl that doesn't get pressure not a good matchup for LSU.

Just wait til ya see Bammer's DL sodomize Etling 2.0... It'll make TUA's work look "gentle"...

SmackTalk [ON] OFF

bulldawg28
10-31-2018, 09:37 PM
Just wait til ya see Bammer's DL sodomize Etling 2.0... It'll make TUA's work look "gentle"...

SmackTalk [ON] OFF

What DL?

bulldawg28
10-31-2018, 09:38 PM

That's not including their safeties

TUSK
10-31-2018, 09:44 PM
What DL?

Uh, you're joshin', right?

Todd4State
10-31-2018, 09:46 PM
I wonder how much of both AJ's production and OM's production in general last year came on the plays where Grantham left JT Gray man on him with no help so he didn't have to check out of his blitz. Probably would have comfortably won with everything else remaining the same if not for that handful of plays.

Probably a lot. We're going to have to go with Landrews on him this year. But with as you said likely more help.

Cowbell
10-31-2018, 09:54 PM

SmackTalk [ON] OFF

They have already seen better...

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 09:55 PM
What DL?

Do they have one?

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 09:59 PM
You know your corner is doing a phenomenal job when you rarely hear his name called during a game. Dantzler is a stud and he's looked the part since he arrived. He knows it too. I'm kinda interested to see if he can return kicks or run a couple plays as a wideout. Two way players in college are awesome.

NWADAWG
10-31-2018, 10:00 PM
As my high school coach used to say - If they boy goes to the crapper, you better be there handing him paper.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:01 PM
They have already seen better...

I'll respectfully disagree, my friend... Simmons & Sweat are beasts, though.

chef dixon
10-31-2018, 10:07 PM

It?s a legit argument that we are a better defense across the board this year

Cowbell
10-31-2018, 10:08 PM

You guys have an unbelievable O but we have the best D line in all the land. You can’t have it all.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:09 PM

I'll bite.

Break it down for me...

Cowbell
10-31-2018, 10:10 PM

The stats say we do. The eye test will not refute those stats. And neither will the draft.

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 10:12 PM
I'll bite.

Break it down for me...

IMO .. front 4 we're better and deeper. LBs may be about a wash but y'all are deeper. Back end ... probably ya'll talent wise.

ETA: When you reply ... put your clear glasses on now **

chef dixon
10-31-2018, 10:13 PM
I'll bite.

Break it down for me...

I will just add that given how bad our offense and punting has been, I do not know if there has been a better performing unit in the country.

I wont lie to you and say I know the bama personel well enough to break it down, just judging on numbers.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:16 PM
The stats say we do. The eye test will not refute those stats. And neither will the draft.

I understand that metrics can be subjective, but I'd be interested to know what metrics and mock drafts lead you to this opinion... I'm not an NFL guy... at all...

ScottH
10-31-2018, 10:18 PM
What DL?

Well they do have the academic all american puncher from Meridian.

chef dixon
10-31-2018, 10:22 PM
Opponents have started on average at their 32 yard line and we have given up 9 touchdowns in 8 games

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 10:25 PM
LOL ... ole Tusk. Those Crimson glasses have a STRONG tint to them tonight.

TAM put 23 on Bama in TTown and that's after gifting them a TD to start the game. Bama ain't played no one with a pulse outside of TAM. Played Mizzou at home too and they put 10 on them in 1st quarter. The 2 toughest games they've played all year were in TTown
Then y'all play the worst 3 teams in SEC and 2 of them hang 31 and 21 on you.

Cowbell
10-31-2018, 10:28 PM
The only comparison game we have is Texas A&M. We gave up 260 total yards to your 390. That’s 50% more TUSk. It’s really not even a discussion. You guys may beat us by 60 next week but you better hope that Tua has less snaps than Hurts. You need Tua to keep his confidence down the stretch and our D is going to be playing with their hair on fire. We are the only team in this league that is not scared of y’all. Simmons, Sweat, Rivers, Thompson, Gay, Green, Hoyett, Kobe, and Landrews will all get their shots at Tua. They have nothing to lose. And they have had you by the balls before. We could cause your dream season to come crashing down.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 10:29 PM
This thread should be about Danzler.... I didn't intend to hijack it like this...

I'll start a new thread... if ya wanna get in, do so.... if not, all of this will die.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 10:31 PM
This thread should be about Danzler.... I didn't intend to hijack it like this...

I'll start a new thread... if ya wanna get in, do so.... if not, all of this will die.

Rep for you! You're a good man even for a bammer.

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 10:32 PM
The only comparison game we have is Texas A&M. We gave up 260 total yards to your 390. That’s 50% more TUSk. It’s really not even a discussion. You guys may beat us by 60 next week but you better hope that Tua has less snaps than Hurts. You need Tua to keep his confidence down the stretch and our D is going to be playing with their hair on fire. We are the only team in this league that is not scared of y’all. Simmons, Sweat, Rivers, Thompson, Gay, Green, Hoyett, Kobe, and Landrews will all get their shots at Tua. They have nothing to lose. And they have had you by the balls before. We could cause your dream season to come crashing down.

Let's not get too carried away. They do have a prolific offense and a lot of things could happen to where they light us up. We have to have a great offensive night to take pressure off the D. Plus, our punting is not helping our D very much right now either.

While our back end is laying some lumber now, they can let some receivers get open at times and Bama's will make you pay.

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2018, 10:32 PM
Hes been the best DB on the team for 2 years now

chef dixon
10-31-2018, 10:40 PM
It was pretty clear he would be a stud after the spring game 2 years ago

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 10:52 PM
Anyone else remember his uncle? getting on here and blasting posters after Dantzler got himself removed for targeting? Haha

bulldawg28
11-01-2018, 05:05 AM
Do they have one?

I haven't seen it.

bulldawg28
11-01-2018, 05:06 AM
Well they do have the academic all american puncher from Meridian.

You mean the boxer?

bulldawg28
11-01-2018, 05:09 AM
Cam is playing lights out. Kudos to Shoop for allowing these guys to contest everything versus the bailouts and keeping everything in front of them. Tbuck is doing a great job as well.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 09:33 AM
And according to 247, Dantzler's only other legit offers were from TX Tech and Cincinnati.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Anyone else remember his uncle? getting on here and blasting posters after Dantzler got himself removed for targeting? Haha

I don't remember that. would like to see it.

RougeDawg
11-01-2018, 09:50 AM
M
Uh, you're joshin', right?

Bama DL May be 3rd best on their best day. It is not very difficult playing defense with a 30+ point lead. You know the other team is not running. Bama has played only one good to great defense and it took a while to pull away. A&M.

Cooterpoot
11-01-2018, 09:51 AM
We've got two very good corners and four very good safeties. Peters had a pick last week if McLaurin doesn't tip the ball. Abram had the pick in the endzone if Thompson doesn't grab it. Our DBs are much improved in coverage. They'll blow it a couple times a game but that's about it.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 09:53 AM
somebody's already mentioned it but I think it's valid to say that the yards and points we've given up considering how overall our offense has performed makes our D even more special than the stats show. And our worst offensive performances is when our D really picked up which gives a good indication of their mental toughness. When we play better offensively is when we play softer on D which is understandable. It's just the way the mentality of the unit works and I have no problems with that. I love this D.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2018, 01:04 PM
We've got two very good corners and four very good safeties. Peters had a pick last week if McLaurin doesn't tip the ball. Abram had the pick in the endzone if Thompson doesn't grab it. Our DBs are much improved in coverage. They'll blow it a couple times a game but that's about it.

Absolutely agree. Shoop has done wonders with our secondary. I don't remember a time in the last 10 years where our secondary has played this well. I like it.

LC Dawg
11-01-2018, 03:13 PM

Smitherman has played well too. If Tyler Williams makes improvements we'll be in pretty good shape at corner next year.
I hate that it's taken so long for it to come together for Peters. That happens a lot with these stud athletes from small schools. They have to learn how to play the position they are most suited for in college because most of them play qb, rb, and lb in high school.

War Machine Dawg
11-01-2018, 03:55 PM
When everyone was panicking about Cam the first 2-3 games of the year, I said calm down. The kid had all the tools, he just needed snaps. It's panned out really well. Dude is a beast.