PDA

View Full Version : Good Video On Jeffrey Simmons

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2018, 10:14 AM
I hope this guy goes in the top 5 picks. He's been everything we hoped he would. One hell of a football player, leader, & teammate.

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1057633529092284416

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Cool follow up by Bob Shoop

https://twitter.com/CoachBobShoop/status/1057649227080368128

Dental Dawg33
10-31-2018, 11:22 AM
Love watching that kid and wish him the best.

StarkVegasSteve
10-31-2018, 11:35 AM
I really think the more of this type of stuff that NFL execs see the more they'll feel comfortable with him. Because he's a Top 3 pick on talent and in my opinion may be the Number 1 pick based on talent.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 12:20 PM
That was awesome! Shows what dedication and hard work can accomplish! Proud for him and his family!

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 12:20 PM
Cool follow up by Bob Shoop

https://twitter.com/CoachBobShoop/status/1057649227080368128

Shoop has been impressive. Glad we got him!

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2018, 12:54 PM
FWIW, barring injury, I think Simmons has what it takes to be a future Hall of Famer

I know that sounds ridiculous, but I think he's that good.

It also got me thinking how MSU doesn't currently have a player in the Hall of Fame, but that appears to be changing in future years.

One would have to think that Fletcher Cox is a future NFL Hall of Famer. I think Slay has a small chance, particularly if he can go to a team other than the Lions, Dak wears the right helmet & could become that type of player, if he gets the right team around him, etc.....

In the next 20 years, MSU could put a real dent in the HOF. Just a thought

Bully13
10-31-2018, 01:00 PM
Thanks Gun. I really enjoyed that. I'm so glad that episode is in the past and is in no way indicative of who this guy really is. All of us have lost their cool and 17'd up before. My brother and I did something really stupid a long time ago when our sister's boyfriend hit her. shit happens. If you have a sister and somebody hurts her, you can lose your 17ing mind for a few moments. I promise. And I'm as non violent as a person can be.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 01:09 PM
Thanks Gun. I really enjoyed that. I'm so glad that episode is in the past and is in no way indicative of who this guy really is. All of us have lost their cool and 17'd up before. My brother and I did something really stupid a long time ago when our sister's boyfriend hit her. shit happens. If you have a sister and somebody hurts her, you can lose your 17ing mind for a few moments. I promise. And I'm as non violent as a person can be.

Exactly. The thing's that so impressive is Jeffrey has walked the walk. How many times have we seen athletes and celebrities screw up and promise to never do it again but just keep screwing up. He's an impressive young man on and off the field.

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2018, 09:23 PM
I'm proud of Simmons for showing who he really is over the past 3 years.

I'm also really proud of the University stepping up and saying "This is a great kid, and we need to celebrate him." They know it will impact him in the spring and they are starting to get the word out.

Bully13
10-31-2018, 09:41 PM
Exactly. The thing's that so impressive is Jeffrey has walked the walk. How many times have we seen athletes and celebrities screw up and promise to never do it again but just keep screwing up. He's an impressive young man on and off the field.

He had an episode similar to like me and my brother. I can assure you, my brother and I did much worse than JS did. thankfully there were no video phones back then. My bother and I would have done jail time. We walked away scott free while JS got a year of national condemnation.

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 10:09 PM
FWIW, barring injury, I think Simmons has what it takes to be a future Hall of Famer

I know that sounds ridiculous, but I think he's that good.

It also got me thinking how MSU doesn't currently have a player in the Hall of Fame, but that appears to be changing in future years.

One would have to think that Fletcher Cox is a future NFL Hall of Famer. I think Slay has a small chance, particularly if he can go to a team other than the Lions, Dak wears the right helmet & could become that type of player, if he gets the right team around him, etc.....

In the next 20 years, MSU could put a real dent in the HOF. Just a thought

Why does that sound ridiculous. I haven't seen many that are better in college. Reggie White comes to mind.

msbulldog
11-01-2018, 06:25 AM
The way Jeffery represents MSU makes me so proud. Hail State!

tcdog70
11-01-2018, 11:01 AM
he for sure makes Macon MS proud. We knew JS was a great Kid. He got put in a bad situation and since has proved to the World He is a class person.
at the time I found it hard to believe how many State fans wanted to throw Him under the Bus. Remember He was in High School at the time and had no connections to MSU. Glad that MSU decided to stand by HIM.

Bully13
11-01-2018, 08:53 PM
he for sure makes Macon MS proud. We knew JS was a great Kid. He got put in a bad situation and since has proved to the World He is a class person.
at the time I found it hard to believe how many State fans wanted to throw Him under the Bus. Remember He was in High School at the time and had no connections to MSU. Glad that MSU decided to stand by HIM.

From my memory, we were disappointed but I don't recall anyone wanting to throw him off the team. Bamer and shitbird U fans sure wanted us to do though I can guarandamntee that. And you are also wrong regarding his connection to MSU at the time. He had already signed with us.

the video was horrible. But I've done worse. God Forgives.

tcdog70
11-02-2018, 08:57 AM
my point was He was still in High School. And there were several State fans that wanted him tossed.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Simmons has shown every single day that he is better than what he did in that moment in high school. I wish every one including Finebaum should go on a two week crusade to mention they were wrong and Simmons is a model student athlete we all should be behind.

The man took responsibility, did everything and more than what was as asked, and continues to prove one action can define us, but redemption can be found in thousands of actions moving forward.