PDA

View Full Version : BEn Howland interview.... excited for this season!

Coach007
10-31-2018, 02:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoBZGHAHlEo&list=PL26D591976FAE6D30

Just take your time and soak that interview in..

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 08:54 AM
I'm going to wait till I see them vs decent opposition before I get excited. It's not like we were a tourny team last year.

BulldogDX55
10-31-2018, 09:13 AM
I'm going to wait till I see them vs decent opposition before I get excited. It's not like we were a tourny team last year.

By the end of the season we absolutely were, but some bad losses early and weak OOC killing our RPI kept us out.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-31-2018, 09:17 AM

We were a tourney team last year. We didn't have a tourney resume. There's a big difference.

Coach007
10-31-2018, 10:28 AM
By the end of the season we absolutely were, but some bad losses early and weak OOC killing our RPI kept us out.

Well, he addressed the OCC schedule.

Talks about it in the video.

msstate7
10-31-2018, 10:32 AM
Sweet 16 or better.

I placed my bet on us winning the natty... 100-1

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 11:01 AM

We made it to the NIT final four. We were absolutely good enough to be in the tourney last year.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 11:02 AM

I didn't see us in the tourney. I must have missed it.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 11:03 AM
We made it to the NIT final four. We were absolutely good enough to be in the tourney last year.

But we didn't.

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 11:46 AM
But we didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQI0E1WCLMU

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 11:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQI0E1WCLMU

Cute, but facts are facts. I'm going to wait and watch. There is potential for a good year, but it's not a lock. Football this year should have taught us all that.

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 12:04 PM
Cute, but facts are facts. I'm going to wait and watch. There is potential for a good year, but it's not a lock. Football this year should have taught us all that.

You keep waiting to enjoy life while I'll just keep enjoying life while you wait.

Bully13
10-31-2018, 12:09 PM

This is true and Liverpool should understand this. especially considering we've got 'em all back with an experienced coach. We are definitely sweet 16 material this year. no guarantees but I bet early on that's what the national press will be saying come mid season or so. I'd be willing to bet a high % of NIT final 4 teams with the same players coming back have great years. I'm sure there's no stats on that but I'd be willing to bet it would be high.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 12:13 PM
You keep waiting to enjoy life while I'll just keep enjoying life while you wait.

I like to enjoy things when they actually happen, not before. I also find I enjoy things much better if I wait to see what happens before getting excited. That esp goes for anything sports related.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 12:13 PM
This is true and Liverpool should understand this. especially considering we've got 'em all back with an experienced coach. We are definitely sweet 16 material this year. no guarantees but I bet early on that's what the national press will be saying come mid season or so. I'd be willing to bet a high % of NIT final 4 teams with the same players coming back have great years. I'm sure there's no stats on that but I'd be willing to bet it would be high.

We had everybody back for football too.

msbulldog
10-31-2018, 12:25 PM

Nope, different coach.

Bully13
10-31-2018, 12:34 PM

I'm thinking hoops is easier to predict. we've got a brand new coach in his first P-5 Gig. We still have the ability to finish strong, albeit disappointing losses thus far.

Howland's been there , done that.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 02:16 PM
Nope, different coach.

True, but everybody back isn't the end all and be all of predictors.

Big4Dawg
10-31-2018, 02:23 PM

We add a top 20 player and 2 top 100 and X and Wright. We will be much better.

Big4Dawg
10-31-2018, 02:25 PM

Yes - and we started the year #18 and currently #18. What's your point?

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 02:29 PM
I like to enjoy things when they actually happen, not before. I also find I enjoy things much better if I wait to see what happens before getting excited. That esp goes for anything sports related.

Bet you were a peach leading up to your wedding.**

basedog
10-31-2018, 02:32 PM

IF we go 8-4 and win the bowl game, 9-4 is a good season for Msu standards. You being an "old timer" should understand this and appreciate. Just saying.

I like so many didn't like what I saw in our losses but we did get beat by decent to good teams. I'm hoping JoeMo has learned and will move on to better days ahead.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 02:44 PM
IF we go 8-4 and win the bowl game, 9-4 is a good season for Msu standards. You being an "old timer" should understand this and appreciate. Just saying.

I like so many didn't like what I saw in our losses but we did get beat by decent to good teams. I'm hoping JoeMo has learned and will move on to better days ahead.

Absolutely, but most of the ones jumping in with both feet here are the same ones who are hacked about football. I personally said 8-4 going into football. I didn't think we would make it there for a while though. We still may not.

Bully13
10-31-2018, 04:47 PM

rep given, good point

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 05:06 PM

Point is some were taliking Top 10 or better here for football. What exactly is wrong with waiting to see them play an actual game or two against non-cupcakes before assuming they are a tourney team?

BeardoMSU
10-31-2018, 05:59 PM

/thread

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Point is some were taliking Top 10 or better here for football. What exactly is wrong with waiting to see them play an actual game or two against non-cupcakes before assuming they are a tourney team?

Why wait for everyone else to climb aboard before you start having fun? It shows confidence in your team when you ride the wave early. We are good. I know we are good cause I have been watching our team closely for years and I know all these players (except the new ones) very well. We don't have cancers on this team. You got burned by previous experiences and treat all new ones like they are the ones that burned you. That's not good. Don't punish the next girlfriend for something the last one did.

Bully13
10-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Liver on this year's MSU Hoops:

https://i.postimg.cc/Gt1McZ70/Negagtivity.jpg

BeardoMSU
10-31-2018, 07:17 PM
http://www.pajiba.com/image/fried-brain.gif

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 07:49 PM
Why wait for everyone else to climb aboard before you start having fun? It shows confidence in your team when you ride the wave early. We are good. I know we are good cause I have been watching our team closely for years and I know all these players (except the new ones) very well. We don't have cancers on this team. You got burned by previous experiences and treat all new ones like they are the ones that burned you. That's not good. Don't punish the next girlfriend for something the last one did.

Waiting before getting excited isn't the same thing as not being onboard. Dumbest post I've ever seen you make. As for watching closely for years, I've been doing it since 1982. Was a season ticket holder for 25 of those years, rarely missed a game. I've seen really good, and really bad, and everything in between. We have a good shot at getting back to the tourney, sure. It's not a Done deal though. It's not like we have everybody back off a team that made the tourney, much less made a run in it.

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 08:23 PM
Waiting before getting excited isn't the same thing as not being onboard. Dumbest post I've ever seen you make. As for watching closely for years, I've been doing it since 1982. Was a season ticket holder for 25 of those years, rarely missed a game. I've seen really good, and really bad, and everything in between. We have a good shot at getting back to the tourney, sure. It's not a Done deal though. It's not like we have everybody back off a team that made the tourney, much less made a run in it.

How often do you leave the Starkville area? You've been to every basketball and football game for the last 36 years. Maybe if you ventured off your toilet every once in awhile you wouldn't be such a miserable s.o.b. all the time. Spare me your total recall trips to the U.K. bud. The movies are much more entertaining.

Ezsoil
10-31-2018, 08:26 PM
Sweet 16 or better.

I placed my bet on us winning the natty... 100-1

I got 125 to 1 at the Grand on the coast

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 08:34 PM
How often do you leave the Starkville area? You've been to every basketball and football game for the last 36 years. Maybe if you ventured off your toilet every once in awhile you wouldn't be such a miserable s.o.b. all the time. Spare me your total recall trips to the U.K. bud. The movies are much more entertaining.

Let's see, I never leave Starkville but I go to the U.K. Ok.

Dawg61
10-31-2018, 09:39 PM
Let's see, I never leave Starkville but I go to the U.K. Ok.

Watch the movie Total Recall to get the joke