PDA

View Full Version : What is y'all's take on Bammer @ LSU (for those that are interested)...

TUSK
10-31-2018, 12:03 AM
Matchups, predictions or any queries you may have?

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2018, 12:23 AM
I believe Bama by 17. 34-17 sounds about right. Never in question though.

TUSK
10-31-2018, 12:37 AM
I believe Bama by 17. 34-17 sounds about right. Never in question though.

I feel similarly... LSU usually gets "up" for Bammer... It's a hard game to call, for me.

If we get up a couple of scores early it could get ugly, but I'll guess conservative with 35-13.....

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2018, 01:18 AM
Instead of being out of reach with 10 minutes left in the first quarter, LSU may still have it in doubt in early second quarter.

Bully13
10-31-2018, 01:32 AM
I can't wait to watch this game. I have not cared about a non MSU game in a long time. I really should not, but I do. I'm sick.

Bully13
10-31-2018, 01:47 AM
as far as My take, I just don't see anybody beating bamer. bamer with a throwing threat is like The Borg. Resistance is Futile. You will be Assimilated.

Unless the bald headed British dude born in France from Next Generation shows up, everybody else in the United Federation of Planets. is 17'd

TUSK
10-31-2018, 02:00 AM
as far as My take, I just don't see anybody beating bamer. bamer with a throwing threat is like The Borg. Resistance is Futile. You will be Assimilated.

My Avatar on another message board circa 2011 was Nick Saban with the Borg head/face appliance...

https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/customavatars/avatar760_1.gif

Coach007
10-31-2018, 02:23 AM

45 - 19.

I don't think they have the DBs to stop your QB and the fron 7 to pressure him.

MS ST on the other hand.....

Just

Saying

Bully13
10-31-2018, 02:36 AM
My Avatar on another message board circa 2011 was Nick Saban with the Borg head/face appliance...

https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/customavatars/avatar760_1.gif

that's a cool Avatar. I'm a Next Generation fan. cool stuff tusk. I'm hoping Captain Picard shows up with a Cow Bell in Tuscaloosa.

mcain31
10-31-2018, 04:15 AM
All of my cajun bros say that they are just trying to soften Bama up to give us a shot to take care of business in Tuscaloosa

99jc
10-31-2018, 05:58 AM
Bama 48. LSU 17 corn dogs go home sad.

Matty Dispatch
10-31-2018, 06:03 AM
All of my cajun bros say that they are just trying to soften Bama up to give us a shot to take care of business in Tuscaloosa

We've been holding onto "coming off a physical game with LSU" for 7 or 8 years now. Hasn't worked yet - I guess we were close last year.

It will be interesting to see how well Alabama does against a really good team. The only team they've played that was in the CFP top 25 is a home game vs. Texas A&M. The score was 14-10 midway through the 2nd quarter, which is the closest of the year at that point. I think if LSU plays well they will be in the game in the 3rd quarter, and they become the first team to make Tua play in the 4th quarter. But Bama win by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 06:19 AM
I was leaning towards Bama smoking them but now I'm thinking 40 - 20 maybe with Bama pulling away in 2nd half. When I was sorta looking up things to see how Bama compared to all-time teams I realized that of the 5 SEC foes you've played, 3 are the worst teams in the conference and they are very bad, although Arky & TN are improving. The 2 teams you've played that have a pulse are TAM & Mizzou and y'all didn't really light the world up on them. TAM gifted you an early TD too.

Dental Dawg33
10-31-2018, 07:01 AM
I think it’s going to be a dog fight. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 1 score game in the 4th. Death Valley at night, Coach O will have his boys fired up. I think bama wins but it’s shaping up to be a really good game imho

gravedigger
10-31-2018, 07:52 AM

Tide rolls. Not as easy as previous games but LSU will have trouble scoring unless bama throws 4 interceptions

Coursesuper
10-31-2018, 08:13 AM
LSU's defensive backfield will be the best that Bammer will see this year. That's the match up to watch, if the bammer receivers can get separation the it will be a long night for the tigers. I don't foresee a great pass rush from LSU so they will try to confuse the offense by mixing coverages and bring pressure from different spots. I don't think they can just play man and get away with it.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2018, 08:14 AM
LSU defense is really good. They'll keep it close through the first half but they'll wear down in the second half due to being on the field most of the game and bama pulls away. The atmosphere will be electric and the tigers will be fired up but bama will win by 20.

Red Sox Dawg
10-31-2018, 08:38 AM
38-10 bama

FriarsPoint
10-31-2018, 08:43 AM

Blowout. Yet again another one of these matchups given public felatio by the talking heads for nothing. LSU can?t score.

I?m sick of your team, school, and coach. Time for him to get caught with a dead girl or live boy.

WSOPdawg
10-31-2018, 08:45 AM
LSU's defensive backfield will be the best that Bammer will see this year. That's the match up to watch, if the bammer receivers can get separation the it will be a long night for the tigers. I don't foresee a great pass rush from LSU so they will try to confuse the offense by mixing coverages and bring pressure from different spots. I don't think they can just play man and get away with it.

So should Bama not try and pound the rock and RTGDF at will in the 1st half, especially with LSU star LB Devin White forced to miss the 1st half?

All season, everybody has been singing Tua's praises (and rightfully so), but Bama still has one of the best stable of RBs in the league and could arguably put the game away in the 1st half by staying on the ground, especially if the Tigers have schemed to take away the Bama wideouts. Definitely a game I'm looking forward to seeing.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2018, 08:47 AM
I'll be at our game.

Political Hack
10-31-2018, 08:59 AM
This is the only game Bama has a chance to lose during the regular season and it's a small chance. Worth tuning in for, but probably not after the 3rd quarter. If LSU can rattle Tua, they have a chance to keep it close and make a play or two late to escape with a shocker. However, it's slim to none that the stars align.

Cowbell
10-31-2018, 11:18 AM
45 - 19.

I don't think they have the DBs to stop your QB and the fron 7 to pressure him.

MS ST on the other hand.....

Just

Saying

This is my take. We will play them closer than LSU does. We have nothing to lose when we roll into Tuscaloosa and will be playing with our hair on fire - I think we hit Tua hard and often. Bama is also known not to cover the spread as well at home as they do on the road.

was21
10-31-2018, 11:46 AM
LSU overrated, Bama somewhat overrated but Alabama rolls

dawgday166
10-31-2018, 11:58 AM

I changed my mind from my earlier prediction is this thread. Now I'm at Ogre >>>> Saban ***

Johnson85
10-31-2018, 12:54 PM
I think LSU is overrated and should lose solidly.

My only hesitation is that Bama hasn't been challenged since the national championship game, and it will be in death valley. I could see it taking until the 4th quarter to shake out if LSU can put up some kind of running game on bama.

If I'm going to bet though, I'd take Bama and give up the two touchdowns. Not a game I'm excited about touching either way though.

Token Bammer
10-31-2018, 04:12 PM
I feel similarly... LSU usually gets "up" for Bammer... It's a hard game to call, for me.

If we get up a couple of scores early it could get ugly, but I'll guess conservative with 35-13.....

42-17. Tua much for the Tiggers.

Cooterpoot
10-31-2018, 04:14 PM
I don't see this game being very close. I think Bama beats them by 21+.

DogsofAnarchy
10-31-2018, 07:53 PM
Bama 55
LSU 10

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2018, 08:12 PM

Alabama 20 LSU 17 Bama with a last sec FG to win.

LSU is ready for the Tide

TUSK
10-31-2018, 08:39 PM
Alabama 20 LSU 17 Bama with a last sec FG to win.

LSU is ready for the Tide

They always are, Bucky... That's a fact. I just think there is to much disparity in talent this year for LSU to overcome...

Previous posts in the thread/other threads got me to looking at the NFL players produced from the 2011 game vs this year (projected) and it's not close for LSU while Bammer may have more...

That being said, 2-3 turnovers and a some poor ST's play, and we might have a nailbiter...

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2018, 10:34 PM
They always are, Bucky... That's a fact. I just think there is to much disparity in talent this year for LSU to overcome...

Previous posts in the thread/other threads got me to looking at the NFL players produced from the 2011 game vs this year (projected) and it's not close for LSU while Bammer may have more...

That being said, 2-3 turnovers and a some poor ST's play, and we might have a nailbiter...

I think the next 2 weeks will be by far your toughest games till you play UGA in ATL

S.E.C.FAN 2018
11-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Alabama has played arguably the easiest schedule in the S.E.C. Their best win is against A&M. Having said this the officials will not allow Alabama to lose this game.
Sad to say but money has ruined college football. Heck for that matter Alabama has ruined college football.

TUSK
11-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Alabama has played arguably the easiest schedule in the S.E.C. Their best win is against A&M. Having said this the officials will not allow Alabama to lose this game.
Sad to say but money has ruined college football. Heck for that matter Alabama has ruined college football.

Speaking of “money”, wouldn’t the SEC want LSU to win so they’d have a shot at 2 teams getting in the CFP?

S.E.C.FAN 2018
11-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Alabama's weak schedule and a loss to go along with LSU and Georgia in the championship game would hurt Alabama . Last year when this happened Alabama had it's schedule strength to fall on.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-01-2018, 06:10 PM
I just don’t LSU will score many points...BAMA 35 Corndogs 13

LC Dawg
11-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Everything has been pretty easy for Tua since the championship game. I say LSU gets a couple of picks and rattles him. It stays close until late in the 4th when LSU runs a triple reverse flea flicker for the win. One of the veins exposed by Saban's thinning hair explodes and Eddie O retires Saban much like TUSK likes to point out Saban did to Urban.