PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds Say MSU is a 5-8 Win Program

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2018, 08:11 AM
Awesome having a statewide sport radio guy that brings down the state everyday and would rather promote lower expectations than higher.

Calling MSU a 5-8 win program is absurd.

Win totals over last 9 years

8-4 or 7-5 in 2018

Commercecomet24
10-30-2018, 08:23 AM
Well he got the 8 part right lol.

Just saying we win 7 or 8 this year that 9 year average is 8 wins.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2018, 08:24 AM
Bo probably still thinks Nebraska and Tennessee are football powerhouses, so his opinion is shit, tbh.

https://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Opinions+are+like+assholes+everybody+has+them+but+ they+shut_a22804_4742893.gif

Also Bo, you look like a douche wearing cuff-links and a blazer with jeans.*

GreenheadDawg
10-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Why does anyone listen to that clown?

Commercecomet24
10-30-2018, 08:30 AM
Bo probably still thinks Nebraska and Tennessee are football powerhouses, so his opinion is shit, tbh.

https://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Opinions+are+like+assholes+everybody+has+them+but+ they+shut_a22804_4742893.gif

Right on!

TrapGame
10-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Bo also said A&M and AU were gonna beat us by double digits. He's as giddy as a school girl that Moorhead has transition issues b/c it feeds his narrative.

Oh, and remember this gem: "Hugh Freeze is the best college recruiter in the country." That one didn't age well.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2018, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't **** in Bo's mouth if he was starving to death. His show is terrible and he's a hack.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2018, 08:41 AM
#mook

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n7XQTJ-Wfpw/ThUvA1jwQcI/AAAAAAAAACM/sNsOLLQE-2o/s1600/Capture.5JPG.JPG

JoseBrown
10-30-2018, 08:43 AM

I have quit him more than Copenhagen, and I always go back to Copenhagen. Can't say the same for Bo this year...Problem is there's really no good competition for him. I listen to Doug n whoever some, but that program isn't too good either.

Jack Lambert
10-30-2018, 08:50 AM
I don't listen to him. In fact I have stop listening to any local sports radio. Bo is trying to get to big time and will tote any ones water at ESPN. He is a monkey wrench and I don't give a shit if he sits on his back deck drinking some fancy drink and smoking some fancy cigar. His Preppy, sitting down to pee, arrogant, Candy Ass, Prima Donna life style is not mine. It's amazing he can put a 10 foot ego into his tiny little 5 foot nothing body.

sleepy dawg
10-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Not counting this year since it isn't complete, our average wins per season is actually slightly over 8. So we actually average more wins per season than he says our ceiling is.

Jack Lambert
10-30-2018, 09:22 AM
Not counting this year since it isn't complete, our average wins per season is actually slightly over 8. So we actually average more wins per season than he says our ceiling is.

Bo talking football:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk

GoDawgz
10-30-2018, 09:26 AM
Bo is all about selling Bo! He sits around on Saturday's waiting on negative things to happen then jumps on Twitter to try and generate controversy to drive calls, tweets and text to his show on Monday. He's a salesman that knows how to push peoples buttons while cashing in from his sponsors. Smart really. Stopped listening to him long ago. But hey, to each its own.

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2018, 09:28 AM
I see his name on here all the time but who is Bo Bounds?

SignalToNoise
10-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Did he make a recommendation on which beers to drink with those 5-8 wins, or is it listeners choice?

DanDority
10-30-2018, 09:35 AM
I don't listen to him. In fact I have stop listening to any local sports radio. Bo is trying to get to big time and will tote any ones water at ESPN. He is a monkey wrench and I don't give a shit if he sits on his back deck drinking some fancy drink and smoking some fancy cigar. His Preppy, sitting down to pee, arrogant, Candy Ass, Prima Donna life style is not mine. It's amazing he can put a 10 foot ego into his tiny little 5 foot nothing body.

Right On!!!!!!!! He's someone who should've gone to the Mississippi university, he's probably pissed he didn't I guess!

Johnson85
10-30-2018, 09:40 AM
I think we probably are a 5-8 win program when we don't have a really good or really bad coach. Mullen was mostly a really good coach but couldn't get out of his way on a few things and couldn't maintain his focus. Hence we barely exceeded the 8 win average.

Granted we've had an unusually stacked defense this year, but while the jury is still out on Moorhead, we've struggled to say the least and we're still going to get to 7 or 8 wins most likely. If we had more normal talent, we'd still be looking at 4 OOC, plus struggling Ark and Ole Miss teams, so we'd still get to 5 or 6 wins with an average SEC quality coach.

Saying a team is a 5-8 win program in the SEC West isn't really knocking them. You have 3 cupcakes each year. Then you have Ark, UM, UK, and a Power 5 OOC that will generally be roughly similarly situated as far as where you should be. Then you have a second SEC East opponent that can swing either way. Then you have Bama, Auburn, LSU, and A&M that have big time advantages.

So a 5-8 win program is one that in a bad year, gets 3 OOC, and then probably gets two out of Ark, UM, UK, and the Power 5 OOC, and probably gets a bad draw from the east or just drops a winnable game. A good year gets three OOC, the Power 5 OOC, and then either sweeps Ark, UM, UK and the second East opponent or catches one of the big four in the west in a down year or just upsets somebody. That seems like a pretty reasonable assessment of where we will be without an above average SEC coach.

Jarius
10-30-2018, 10:08 AM
If we finish out the year the way we should we will have finished with at least 9 wins 4 of the past 5 years. He is an idiot.

Rick Danko
10-30-2018, 10:15 AM

Alright, you have got to tell me where this gif came from... is it a movie or something?

BeardoMSU
10-30-2018, 10:32 AM
Alright, you have got to tell me where this gif came from... is it a movie or something?

Lol, I'm not sure; I just found it on google. I do recognize one of the guys, who is in a bunch of the Uproxx 5 Second Films....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqO_ZqX6uY

fader2103
10-30-2018, 10:38 AM
105.9 has gone downhill since Jay White left. Jay was the only talk guy on that channel who kept sports in prospective.
Bo thinks his listeners care about his adventures to "luxurious" getaways with the likes of Dave Bartoo or how many clients he jacked off this weekend while drinking sweetwater 420 beer.

Also Jake Wimberly show has become just as bad. Who cares what "his" matrix says about who will win the game or having a daily segment devoted to Gardner Minshew because Jake called his high school games.

I wish we had a sports talk show that talked about what his happening in the world of sports without the whole betting lines or how correct they were when they said something 5 years ago.

Ari Gold
10-30-2018, 10:39 AM
He is a talking head.. This cat built up Sumlin just a few years ago as the next big thing. Couldn’t get enough of the guy..
He is a clown ..

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2018, 10:52 AM
My biggest issue with Bo's assertion is that he uses recruiting rankings to justify everything else, but is failing to use them here. It's like recruiting rankings can only work when they aren't in favor of MSU.

MSU currently is and should be expected to fill a top 25 roster every year by recruiting rankings.

If that happens, then every year MSU should have more talent than it's 4 non-conference opponents, Kentucky, & be of similar talent to Ole Miss & Arkansas when both are operating in a sound fashion.

That's 7 games per year where MSU is not at a meaningful talent disadvantage. Throw in another East opponent like Vandy, South Carolina, or Tennessee & that means that many years MSU has 8 games on their schedule that they shouldn't be at a meaningful talent disadvantage.

Additionally, so long as MSU is adequately coached, of Texas A&M, Auburn, LSU, or Bama, typically MSU will win at least 1 of those games.

I saw all this say that at MSU the expectations for any coach should be a 7-8 wins per year.

When looking at recruiting rankings, Bo is low & it's a disservice to everything that has been accomplished at MSU to say that we are a 5-8 program. We are a 7-8 win program.

For whatever reason, MSU is defined by it's worst seasons & other programs become defined by their best seasons. If MSU wins 8-9 games for 10 straight years & then wins 5 games one year, they are considered a 5 win program. If Tennessee did the same, would anyone consider them a 5 win program?

Old narratives die hard I guess

DogsofAnarchy
10-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Awesome having a statewide sport radio guy that brings down the state everyday and would rather promote lower expectations than higher.

8-4 or 7-5 in 2018

Name me 30 more programs that are in that same category: I will start....

1. Tennessee
2. South Carolina
3. Missouri
4. Arkansas
5. Ole Miss
6. Texas A&M
7. Texas
8. TCU
9. Washington State
10. Washington
11. USC
12. Boston college
13. Virginia Tech
14. Georgia Tech
15. University of Miami

I can name at least 15 more....

I am over-whelmed to be mentioned with these programs because for 50 of the last 70 years were were WAY below them. So spare me your “Perception is everything” bullshit. Reality is what it is!!

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Name me 30 more programs that are in that same category: I will start....

1. Tennessee
2. South Carolina
3. Missouri
4. Arkansas
5. Ole Miss
6. Texas A&M
7. Texas
8. TCU
9. Washington State
10. Washington
11. USC
12. Boston college
13. Virginia Tech
14. Georgia Tech
15. University of Miami

I can name at least 15 more....

I am over-whelmed to be mentioned with these programs because for 50 of the last 70 years were were WAY below them. So spare me your “Perception is everything” bullshit. Reality is what it is!!

So you have to go back 10+ years to make your point?

I don't get it

Bothrops
10-30-2018, 11:28 AM
But...Four Roses Small Batch.....

WSOPdawg
10-30-2018, 11:45 AM

WINNER, WINNER!!! Tune this dude out. No reason to repeatedly accept his negative bias toward MSU. Even in the 2014 season when Dak was leading us to No. 1, Bo was spewing negative venom.

RougeDawg
10-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Why do you keep listening to this clown? Its time people in Mississippi to start speaking with their wallets and stop listening, while also letting his sponsors know why you aren?t buying there because he a clown. How anyone can listen to that is beyond me. I?d rather listen to nails on a chalkboard for 12 hours than 30 seconds of his show.

Some of you bitch on here about our fans being our own worst enemy. No Clue Bounds asks you to hold his beer daily on running down our program.

msbulldog
10-30-2018, 12:12 PM

Damn Jack tell us how your really feel! LOL Rep Given.

Ari Gold
10-30-2018, 12:25 PM

Game ... Set... Match

Commercecomet24
10-30-2018, 12:30 PM
I don't listen to him. I get my MSU information on here and occasionally listen to Steve but that's it. The best place for MSU Info is ED. Screw Bo Bounds, he's about as far away from the MSU culture as anyone I've ever seen.

fader2103
10-30-2018, 01:12 PM
As much as we all usually disagree on subjects. I can honestly say I think Elitedawgs hates Bo

S.E.C.FAN 2018
10-30-2018, 02:05 PM

8-4 or 7-5 in 2018

DID HE SAY THAT TODAY? If so he is as dumb as I thought he was.
'

Jack Lambert
10-30-2018, 02:07 PM
As much as we all usually disagree on subjects. I can honestly say I think Elitedawgs hates Bo

And he probably has read this thread.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2018, 02:38 PM

I actually like the show. I think it has great guests & is pretty high quality. I don't listen to torture myself.

That being said though, I do think his lessening of expectations & always taking the UNDER on all things MSU does a dis-service to this state & MSU. Why would anyone else respect us if our own graduate & MSU fan doesn't?

It's just an attitude that has plagued this school, state, & fan base for entirely too long.

When I feel like he's done that & have actual facts to back up his Eeyore syndrome, then I call him out.

eeyore syndrome
A person that is habitually or chronically depressed, sad, melancholy, gloomy etc., for more days than not. They are over concerned with their problems, no matter how small. They tend to have a round the clock "poor me" attitude. Being around these people has a tendency to "suck the life" out of others.

msstate7
10-30-2018, 02:40 PM
I actually like the show. I think it has great guests & is pretty high quality. I don't listen to torture myself.

That being said though, I do think his lessening of expectations & always taking the UNDER on all things MSU does a dis-service to this state & MSU. Why would anyone else respect us if our own graduate & MSU fan doesn't?

It's just an attitude that has plagued this school, state, & fan base for entirely too long.

When I feel like he's done that & have actual facts to back up his Eeyore syndrome, then I call him out.

His job is get his show out there not build up state. He succeeded today by getting this board talking about his show

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2018, 02:55 PM
His job is get his show out there not build up state. He succeeded today by getting this board talking about his show

That's fine. Doesn't mean inaccurate opinions shouldn't be called out.

msstate7
10-30-2018, 02:56 PM
That's fine. Doesn't mean inaccurate opinions shouldn't be called out.

No problem with that at all. I hate that show

shannondawg
10-30-2018, 02:59 PM
Why even bother to listen to that asshole?

Unless I have a granddaughter that goes to Bama, I won't listen to Finebaum again.

My odds are considerably more favorable my winning the powerball than her going there, I might add.

was21
10-30-2018, 03:08 PM

He may be trying to channel Finebaum since that is exactly what HE does

TrapGame
10-30-2018, 03:14 PM

Oh, he has.

As he said on one show a couple of weeks ago: "They hate me on some of these boards. That's ok."

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2018, 03:24 PM
Oh, he has.

As he said on one show a couple of weeks ago: "They hate me on some of these boards. That's ok."

I don't hate him and I don't want his show to go away.

Why must we hate everyone we disagree with?

I just disagree with him while liking his show. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bully13
10-30-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm dry now but like Jack Cristil once said, I've spilled more alcohol than you've drank in your lifetime. And I've enjoyed tons of H-Upmans in my lifetime as well. But anyone who poses like that for a pic is a douche. And I've enjoyed tons of liquor with my H-Upmans. But it's because I enjoyed it personally, it was never to "look cool". 99% of the cigar smoking I do is alone in my back yard while grilling dead animals.

I've never heard a word ever come from his mouth. but that statement about us being a 5-8 team based on the past 10 years and posing in that pic tells me all I need to know about him.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-30-2018, 04:19 PM

8-4 or 7-5 in 2018

WHOOOOO?

Political Hack
10-30-2018, 10:24 PM
I think C34's appearance is the only time I've ever listened to the show, but I really enjoyed that one.

BuckyIsAB****
10-30-2018, 10:37 PM

8-4 or 7-5 in 2018

If we go 7-5 Moorheads ass will be as hot as a frying pan all summer. 7-5 would mean losing to OM, La Tech or Arkansas. None of those should be acceptable losses. Bama is an acceptable loss but nobody will be happy about it.

OrlandoLundie
10-31-2018, 01:53 AM
Bo is fascinating. He's kept a show on the air for 10+ years with nothing more than anecdotes of of SEC football 1996-2012 and a command of Black Crowes songs.

If we go 7-5 Moorheads ass will be as hot as a frying pan all summer. 7-5 would mean losing to OM, La Tech or Arkansas. None of those should be acceptable losses. Bama is an acceptable loss but nobody will be happy about it.

Coach007
10-31-2018, 02:25 AM
Bo Bounds Say

Who?

sleepy dawg
10-31-2018, 10:00 AM
I think we probably are a 5-8 win program when we don't have a really good or really bad coach. Mullen was mostly a really good coach but couldn't get out of his way on a few things and couldn't maintain his focus. Hence we barely exceeded the 8 win average.

Granted we've had an unusually stacked defense this year, but while the jury is still out on Moorhead, we've struggled to say the least and we're still going to get to 7 or 8 wins most likely. If we had more normal talent, we'd still be looking at 4 OOC, plus struggling Ark and Ole Miss teams, so we'd still get to 5 or 6 wins with an average SEC quality coach.

Saying a team is a 5-8 win program in the SEC West isn't really knocking them. You have 3 cupcakes each year. Then you have Ark, UM, UK, and a Power 5 OOC that will generally be roughly similarly situated as far as where you should be. Then you have a second SEC East opponent that can swing either way. Then you have Bama, Auburn, LSU, and A&M that have big time advantages.

So a 5-8 win program is one that in a bad year, gets 3 OOC, and then probably gets two out of Ark, UM, UK, and the Power 5 OOC, and probably gets a bad draw from the east or just drops a winnable game. A good year gets three OOC, the Power 5 OOC, and then either sweeps Ark, UM, UK and the second East opponent or catches one of the big four in the west in a down year or just upsets somebody. That seems like a pretty reasonable assessment of where we will be without an above average SEC coach.

a 6.5 win average team (5-8 program) does not go to 9 straight bowls.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2018, 10:21 AM

Isn't every program a 5 win program when they don't have a good coach?

Go check the history or USC, Bama, Texas, etc when they don't have a good coach.

Why is MSU judged by when we don't have a good coach rather than when we do?

See the hypocrisy?

RougeDawg
10-31-2018, 11:15 AM

Elitedawgs doesn?t hate Bo. We just point out the facts. How does one asshat remain on the air with no more than an amateur knowledge of Jackson Prep School sports? He simply regurgitates articles that other people have already written and have guests on. You could most likely get a mature 5th grader to do the same show for much less $$. Seriously, listen to the show. It?s as if he?s sitting behind a computer with multiple various sports websites reading articles. It?s sad that he is still on the air and that someone with half a brain hasn?t started a real sports show in Mississippi and blown him out of his bourbon barrel.

fishwater99
10-31-2018, 11:16 AM
We need to pull his Alumni Status and send him to TSUN..