PDA

View Full Version : As For The Unis This Week

Spiderman
10-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Anytime we use just "State" I'm all for it.

I hate MSU, that's Michigan State.

I hate Miss. State, sounds feminine. (Old Jackie day's unis"

I've always said we should just use State and have that be the national brand.

It's what we have always used vocally.......

"Where did you go to school?" ..... "State"

"Y'all going up to State this weekend?"

"Hey, didn't you go to State?"

"Man you need to go to State"

"Damn, State"

Ole Miss folks say " Go to hell State" and 'F**K State"

LSU and Bama fans ask "You a State or Ole Miss fan?"

TV announcers used, and some still do, refer to us as "State". If we emphasized it, there would be less confusion between Mississippi State and Mississippi .

We are "State".

Use it, learn it, love it, live it.

(And get rid of that lame ass Maroon and White cheer, it only works when used as intended to..... with the Bulldog Blitz song. If you aren't gonna use the song, drop that stupid, awkward ass pregame cheer).

And the team needs to come out to Hell's Bells ala Enter Sandman at Va.Tech and Space Odyssey at So. Carolina. Who by the way ISN'T USC.

KOdawg1
10-29-2018, 06:57 PM
I agree and have said it too for some time now. Anything that differentiates us from Ole Miss, I am all for.

cheewgumm
10-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Bravo.... Go State!!!

Covercorner2
10-29-2018, 08:32 PM
Anytime we use just "State" I'm all for it.

I hate MSU, that's Michigan State.

I hate Miss. State, sounds feminine. (Old Jackie day's unis"

I've always said we should just use State and have that be the national brand.

It's what we have always used vocally.......

"Where did you go to school?" ..... "State"

"Y'all going up to State this weekend?"

"Hey, didn't you go to State?"

"Man you need to go to State"

"Damn, State"

Ole Miss folks say " Go to hell State" and 'F**K State"

LSU and Bama fans ask "You a State or Ole Miss fan?"

TV announcers used, and some still do, refer to us as "State". If we emphasized it, there would be less confusion between Mississippi State and Mississippi .

We are "State".

Use it, learn it, love it, live it.

(And get rid of that lame ass Maroon and White cheer, it only works when used as intended to..... with the Bulldog Blitz song. If you aren't gonna use the song, drop that stupid, awkward ass pregame cheer).

And the team needs to come out to Hell's Bells ala Enter Sandman at Va.Tech and Space Odyssey at So. Carolina. Who by the way ISN'T USC.

I agree 100%. But, we are wearing those uniforms against Arkansas.

testuser
10-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Should have a white helmet with a maroon turd on it.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2018, 08:58 PM
Hail STATE!!!!!!!!

lastmajordog
10-29-2018, 09:14 PM
Bravo....get rid of DAWGS like Georgia....it’s “DOGS” as it was.......and PLEASE lose Starkvegas.....let the hate begin....

Dawg61
10-29-2018, 09:26 PM
I like the Miss. State lettering. Only sounds feminine if you aren't comfortable in your sexuality.** Of course I'd also buy in bulk Moo State and get Chik Fil-A to be a huge partner for the university. Those cows they use in ads would be at every game, I'd get us a cow pattern helmet and I'd put the largest on-campus Chik Fil-A in the nation in the Junction. Not joking. Bitches wanna call us Moo State I'm turning it into a cash cow for us literally.

DawgFromOxford
10-29-2018, 09:34 PM
We've been through this before. "State" is too generic. It means something to the locals around here, but if you said, "I went to STATE" out in Arizona or Pennsylvania or Texas or even Missouri then nobody is going to connect that to MISSISSIPPI state.

Gutter Cobreh
10-29-2018, 10:05 PM
We've been through this before. "State" is too generic. It means something to the locals around here, but if you said, "I went to STATE" out in Arizona or Pennsylvania or Texas or even Missouri then nobody is going to connect that to MISSISSIPPI state.

Bingo!

deadheaddawg
10-29-2018, 10:12 PM

Thats why you spell Mississippi all the way out on the helmet.

It's the perfect combination.

Spiderman
10-29-2018, 10:25 PM

Wrong.MSU is Michigan State, Wazzou is Washington State, USC is Southern Cal, NOT So.Carolina. Pitt is Pittsburgh, Tech is Georgia Tech, NOT Texas Tech or Va. Tech, A & M is Texas A&M, NOT Florida A&M or Alabama A&M, Cal is California , Not any of the other 50 universities of California.

Name the other Power 5 "States".... LSU, Penn. State, THE Ohio State, Iowa State, NC State,Florida State, Okie State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Kansas State. None of which that are referred to as "State" with the ESPN crowd except maybe NC State.

As a BRAND it is very reasonable, if pushed, to be known as 'State". We already are in the SEC and most of the south.

Dawg61
10-29-2018, 10:46 PM
Wrong.MSU is Michigan State, Wazzou is Washington State, USC is Southern Cal, NOT So.Carolina. Pitt is Pittsburgh, Tech is Georgia Tech, NOT Texas Tech or Va. Tech, A & M is Texas A&M, NOT Florida A&M or Alabama A&M, Cal is California , Not any of the other 50 universities of California.

Name the other Power 5 "States".... LSU, Penn. State, THE Ohio State, Iowa State, NC State,Florida State, Okie State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Kansas State. None of which that are referred to as "State" with the ESPN crowd except maybe NC State.

As a BRAND it is very reasonable, if pushed, to be known as 'State". We already are in the SEC and most of the south.

We are MSU. Michigan State can suck a dick.

Todd4State
10-29-2018, 11:05 PM

You're right. But unfortunately our athletic leadership has been shoving M-State down our throats since 2004.

Skydawg1
10-29-2018, 11:16 PM
You're right. But unfortunately our athletic leadership has been shoving M-State down our throats since 2004.

M-State and Hail State. I'm from the Miss. State and Go State era.

Bully13
10-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Spider has good points about "State " but others do too regarding regional limitations. I'm kinda starting to like the idea of having "STATE" across our jerseys. There's just too many 'States" across the country for us to be recognized as the only "state". I do agree though, w
e need to something to better brand and separate us as far as possible from shitbird U.

Maybe the state of Mississippi emblem with "STATE " below it?

I still like M-- State on the helmets . And yes, Michigan state can suck a dick.

Todd4State
10-30-2018, 12:20 AM
M-State and Hail State. I'm from the Miss. State and Go State era.

I don't mind Hail State. M-State = pretty close to MisStake. I like Go State.

WSOPdawg
10-30-2018, 08:09 AM
Bravo....get rid of DAWGS like Georgia....it’s “DOGS” as it was.......and PLEASE lose Starkvegas.....let the hate begin....

No hate, but "Starkvegas" is one of the biggest branding monikers we have going for us right now. Because every game on tv references Starkvegas at least once, the average college sports fan now automatically thinks of Mississippi State whenever Starkvegas is mentioned.

hacker
10-30-2018, 08:15 AM
I've seen "State" for Michigan State plenty