PDA

View Full Version : Baseball scrimmage:

MsStateBaseball
10-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Zac Houston hasn't really been talked about much but he did great in his first appearance. He was possibly the to RH in the state last year. He is 6-5 235. Low 90's. Pirtle played for first time and excelled. Such a huge recruiting job to get him last year. JC players are so important to our recent success. Young Vickerson Walker Laster Hudspeth will be important in 2014.

messageboardsuperhero
10-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Speaking of Young, have you heard anything about when he and Woodruff are expected to throw against live hitters? I know they're taking it slow, but I was just curious.

MsStateBaseball
10-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Woody might this weekend. Haven't heard about Young which is fine. I want him to pitch in the spring don't care if he doesn't in fall.

AlSwearengen
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Did you see Houston pitch? He is from Poplarville and from what we have heard, he is a late bloomer that is raw but has alot of upside. His dad told me that Cohen gave him a really good scholarship percentage, so the staff must be pretty high on him.

Todd4State
10-16-2013, 10:13 PM
I think Houston is your typical small town baseball player that has a lot of talent. If he played for Madison Central, he would have been on the front page of the sports section all the time. There's always a couple of guys like that in Mississippi every year.