PDA

View Full Version : Brian Cole done for rest of season

louisvilledawg
10-29-2018, 12:11 PM
According to Tyler Horka's twitter account, Brian is out for rest of year with an upper body injury.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2018, 12:13 PM
That stinks. I like Cole

msbulldog
10-29-2018, 12:14 PM
Dammit, wonder if he can get a medical RS?

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2018, 12:23 PM
You don't get medical hardship waivers, aka Med RS's, while you have eligibility remaining.

Also to get a 6th year there would need to be 2 seasons lost outside of the student's control. I don't know if the academic abortion that took place with him and Rivers could be considered "outside of his control".

"Athletes must keep in mind both the five-year clock and their four seasons of competition. Even if an athlete gets a medical hardship waiver, he or she needs to have time left on their five-year clock (10-semester/15-quarter clock in Divisions II and III) to use that season.

This is problematic for athletes took a normal redshirt season or sat out due to a transfer. An athlete can generally not use a medical redshirt in those cases unless they get a clock extension or sixth year waiver. To do that the athlete show they lost two seasons outside of his or her control. The medical redshirt would be one, but the athlete would still need to show another."

msbulldog
10-29-2018, 12:27 PM
You don't get Med RS's while you have eligibility remaining.

I understand that, he can apply his last year for an extra year, I'm more curious about how many games played is the cutoff, do you know?

Homedawg
10-29-2018, 12:30 PM
I understand that, he can apply his last year for an extra year, I'm more curious about how many games played is the cutoff, do you know?

i think he played in the first 5. Assuming i'm correct he can't redshirt

msstate7
10-29-2018, 12:32 PM
While on injuries, how's mixon?

Really Clark?
10-29-2018, 12:34 PM
While on injuries, how's mixon?

Getting better. Practiced some I think

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2018, 12:42 PM
At least Landrews has looked good. Cole was a big part of our coverage package since he was good in run defense also.

Ari Gold
10-29-2018, 03:47 PM
This is a blow.. hurts our depth greatly... Cole is a player. Landrews has filled in very well.
These 2 will be big time guys next year..

thf24
10-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Dammit, wonder if he can get a medical RS?

Doubt it will matter. Judging by the way he way he played this season, he'll have great draft stock after next year.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2018, 04:21 PM
This is a blow.. hurts our depth greatly... Cole is a player. Landrews has filled in very well.
These 2 will be big time guys next year..

Murphy gets some reps now. Chance to grow up.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-29-2018, 07:00 PM
You don't get medical hardship waivers, aka Med RS's, while you have eligibility remaining.

Also to get a 6th year there would need to be 2 seasons lost outside of the student's control. I don't know if the academic abortion that took place with him and Rivers could be considered "outside of his control".

"Athletes must keep in mind both the five-year clock and their four seasons of competition. Even if an athlete gets a medical hardship waiver, he or she needs to have time left on their five-year clock (10-semester/15-quarter clock in Divisions II and III) to use that season.

This is problematic for athletes took a normal redshirt season or sat out due to a transfer. An athlete can generally not use a medical redshirt in those cases unless they get a clock extension or sixth year waiver. To do that the athlete show they lost two seasons outside of his or her control. The medical redshirt would be one, but the athlete would still need to show another."

Wow! You answered that as if you know from experience. Ontario Harper, is that you?

Dallas_Dawg
10-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Wow! You answered that as if you know from experience. Ontario Harper, is that you?
+1

Bully13
10-29-2018, 07:30 PM
Did I notice Jamal Peters Saturday night? if so , how did he do?