PDA

View Full Version : LB Play - Erroll Thompson

OneArmSteve
10-29-2018, 10:38 AM
I think Erroll Thompson deserves his own thread. His stats against A&M are posted below. He was the second leading tackler for the game, but I think his presence and the fact that he will absolutely knock the hell out of you can not be praised enough. Also, his interception in the endzone was huge. I can't imagine that any player gets too excited when they see #40 running toward them. He is a beast.

## Mississippi State Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds FF FR-Yds Int-Yds BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QBH
40 Erroll Thompson 4 3 7 0.5/1 . . 1-0 . . . .

Also, while we are on linebackers, does anyone else feel that Leo just makes too many dumb mistakes/gets too many dumb penalties throughout games?

StarkVegasSteve
10-29-2018, 10:53 AM
If you would've told me Errol Thompson had 40 tackles Saturday night I would've probably believed you. It always seemed like he was making the tackle or right there when it was being made. He flies in there like a missile, but it's controlled which is rare. He stepped up big time. And yea Leo seems like he's good for one dumb penalty a game, but at least he's back in position to make plays this year. Always seemed a step slow last year.

While on LB's, Willie Gay might've made the play of the game running down the back on the screen play.

sleepy dawg
10-29-2018, 11:01 AM
If you would've told me Errol Thompson had 40 tackles Saturday night I would've probably believed you. It always seemed like he was making the tackle or right there when it was being made. He flies in there like a missile, but it's controlled which is rare. He stepped up big time. And yea Leo seems like he's good for one dumb penalty a game, but at least he's back in position to make plays this year. Always seemed a step slow last year.

While on LB's, Willie Gay might've made the play of the game running down the back on the screen play.

Not to mention he had one tackle near the sideline that had the power of about 10. I wouldn't have gotten back up from that.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2018, 11:11 AM
The very first pass play AM ran he knocked the piss out of the receiver. I believe that had some effect on them all night. It set the tone.

parabrave
10-29-2018, 11:11 AM
Well it's time to recast Fast Times at Ridgemont High with Erroll as "Jefferson".

TrapGame
10-29-2018, 11:27 AM
Well it's time to recast Fast Times at Ridgemont High with Erroll as "Jefferson".

Fitz gonna wreck his Trans Am and blame it on Bama.**

msbulldog
10-29-2018, 12:12 PM
Erroll arrives with bad intentions!

parabrave
10-29-2018, 01:01 PM
Erroll gonna hit you so hard it's will make Chuck Norris envious/

fader2103
10-29-2018, 02:52 PM
I said it after the 2 or 3rd game of the season, that Erroll has become my favorite player on this team.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Errol was a big, stout kid coming in from high school. Everyone knew he was a run-stopping thumper. Very physical and can fill a damn hole. What was questionable was his coverage ability, his sideline to sideline pursuit, and his ability as a technician. He's answered all the questions.