PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think we go bowling?

Tbonewannabe
10-28-2018, 05:10 PM
Just assuming no upsets happen with the bowl order.

Bama - playoff
UGA - BCS level bowl or Playoff if everything shook out for the SEC. Would require beating Bama in the SEC Championship
LSU - BCS level
UF - Citrus or other Florida bowl
UK - Citrus or Florida bowl

Now that leaves 1 Florida bowl and the rest.
MSU 8-4 probably not the Gator but hopefully either UF or UK go there leaving Outback open
ATM 8-4 maybe Texas bowl since Mizzou was there last year
Now 6 and 7 win teams

UT, SC, Mizzou, Vandy, AU

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 05:17 PM

Bama - playoff
UGA - BCS level bowl or Playoff if everything shook out for the SEC. Would require beating Bama in the SEC Championship
LSU - BCS level

MSU 8-4 probably not the Gator but hopefully either UF or UK go there leaving Outback open
Now 6 and 7 win teams

8 wins...….Florida, Texas,
7 wins...….Liberty, Music, Belk
6 wins......Birmingham, Shreveport, or some other off-the-wall bowl.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 05:19 PM
8-4 probably puts us in the Citrus Bowl or Outback Bowl if I had to guess. I doubt they put us in the Gator Bowl again next year. I think with last night and assuming that things play out the way we think they will- we should be ahead of A&M.

Tuesday is going to be interesting and we'll have a better idea of where things stand. I actually wouldn't be shocked if we end up ahead of 2-3 (Georgia and maybe UT?) loss Kentucky because of our schedule. I wouldn't be shocked if the SEC has four teams in the BCS this year either.

Coursesuper
10-28-2018, 05:41 PM
Playoff - Bammer
Sugar - UGA
Citrus - LSU
Outback - KY
Gator Slayer - Fla
Belk - MSU
Liberty- A&M
Music City - USC e
Texas - AU
Bham - TN / VU / Mizzou whom ever gets to 6-6
Indy - TN / VU / Mizzou

DogsofAnarchy
10-28-2018, 05:48 PM
I want the Music City Bowl if we don’t get Florida somewhere!! Nashville is fun!!

RocketDawg
10-28-2018, 06:10 PM
What if we're 9-3?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-28-2018, 06:13 PM
What Bowl is Ole Miss going to?

RougeDawg
10-28-2018, 06:17 PM
What if we're 9-3?

For that to occur, the sec office will have had to have been shut down prior to November 10th. No way we are winning that one. Bama or the Zebras be damned. The SEC will not allow that to happen.

WinningIsRelentless
10-28-2018, 06:54 PM
What Bowl is Ole Miss going to?

The new bowl, I believe it?s calles the toilet bowl.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 07:05 PM
I want the Music City Bowl if we don’t get Florida somewhere!! Nashville is fun!!

I agree. I think I would be OK with most any of them though.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 07:06 PM
The new bowl, I believe it?s calles the toilet bowl.

Sponsored by Rebel Rags. Kind of literally.

Johnson85
10-29-2018, 09:57 AM

Bama - playoff
LSU - BCS level

Now 6 and 7 win teams

If teams more or less hold serve, is there a real possibility of having 4 teams get into Big 6 bowls? Bama, UGA, LSU, UF, and UK could all finish up 10-2 (almost certainly one and probably at least 2 will slip), but if they don't just avoid having 4 SEC teams int he Big 6 because they don't want it so weighted to the SEC, it could be:

Playoff: Bama
Playoff/Big 6: UGA
Big 6:LSU
Big 6/Citrus: UF/UK

Outback/Texas/Gator/Belk/Music City/Liberty: A&M, MSU, Auburn, USCe, and two of Vandy/Mizzou/UT

Independence/Birmingham: Probably Vandy if Vandy, Mizzoue, and UT all end up being bowl eligible, which is possible. The other one goes unfilled.

If they only put 3 SEC teams in the Big 6, I think it's a safe bet that UK will get screwed if there is an option, and at that point they'll go somewhere other than the Gator or Music City (which they've been to the past two years). I'm guessing outback, because I'm guessing Belk will want USCe (or UT if they're eligible) because of proximity and name recognition.

Bottom line for MSU, our options are: outback, Liberty, Texas, and Music City (think Belk and Gator Bowl are off the table. Liberty would be the next most recent bowl game, but that's already been longer than the last break between Gator Bowls and I think our proximity will make that a contender).

ETA: A&M hasn't been to the Outback. Their last four years, starting in 2017 and going backwards, were Belk, Texas, Music City, and Liberty bowl. So I think for them, Outback and Gator make the most sense, except Texas may make sense b/c of proximity even though they've been there recently.

I think our best hope for the Outback is for the Texas Bowl to lobby hard for A&M and win, or that the Gator Bowl lobbies hard for A&M, and the SEC, in an attempt to keep teams at "fresh" locations, sends A&M to Gator and us to Outback, and lobbies hard for A&M and we end up in Outback. Auburn has been to Outback in 2015 and also in 2010, so maybe Outback won't be viewed as an option for them.

parabrave
10-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Music City or Texas.

crackerjax
10-29-2018, 12:47 PM
Hoping for Outback vs. Penn State or Mich. State.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Hoping for Outback vs. Penn State or Mich. State.

This is one thing that might favor us for Outback. Outback can play the angle of JoeMo going against a Big Ten defense with his offense. The only other Big Ten matchup is the Gator and I doubt we go back since we have been there almost every other year. Gator Bowl fatigue is hitting me hard. I didn't even think about going to the Gator last year but I also thought we might get killed with the coaching turnover.

If the schedule shakes out with the most likely outcomes you are probably looking at:

Bama 12-0
UGA 11-2
UF 10-2
UK 10-2
LSU 10-2
MSU 8-4
aTm 8-4 or 7-5
AU 7-5 or 6-6
SC 7-5 or 6-6
Mizzou 7-5 or 6-6
UT 7-5 or 6-6
Vandy 7-5 or 6-6

So you would think Music City would want UT. They were there in 2016 and 2010 but that is it. UT will be fired up about going to a bowl so a sellout is pretty much guaranteed. If UT isn't eligible then it could be Vandy, MSU, or Mizzou.

Belk would probably want SC since they have never played there and it is the closest team. Vandy, UT, or Mizzou could be another option if SC isn't eligible.

Gator - not MSU - A&M has never been the SEC representative and the only time they have played in the Gator was 1957. Could also be Auburn.

Outback - MSU or A&M, Auburn also could sneak into this one depending on how everything else shakes out

Texas - A&M - would be a sellout. MSU hasn't played in this bowl either. Could also be AU depending on how everything shakes out. Mizzou was here last year.

Liberty - MSU if Liberty is on the same footing as the other bowls. If it is below then Vandy/UT/Mizzou would also be good fit here.

Birmingham - Vandy/Mizzou/SC/UT - completely depends on who is left. I would think UT goes to another bowl if they are eligible.

Did they make a rule that 6-6 team can't go over a 7-5 team? Seems like I remember that so if that is the case then UT being the 6-6 team with the worst record would make Birmingham possible.

Saltydog
10-29-2018, 01:32 PM
expectations were.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2018, 01:39 PM
expectations were.

I kind of agree but I thought we might get Citrus so that isn't a huge drop off. I didn't expect the Sugar or Peach. We shouldn't have had bigger expectations than the 2014 team results especially once Bama started destroying everyone.

testuser
10-29-2018, 03:23 PM
liberty bowl

Bothrops
10-29-2018, 07:26 PM
Outback is my first pick. Texas Bowl is my second.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-29-2018, 10:02 PM
GT Lanes is pretty good.