PDA

View Full Version : Glad JoMo decided to open the offense

Coach007
10-28-2018, 03:34 PM
It is what was missing in the offense.

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 04:07 PM
He just told Fitz to go back to what he has been doing in past years pretty much and it worked.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 04:11 PM
Yeah. After people demanded he keep it on the ground a majority of the time he finally does what he does best and lo and behold it actually worked out OK.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2018, 05:04 PM
He just told Fitz to go back to what he has been doing in past years pretty much and it worked.

Except for all The downfield shots. We did a lot more of that last night.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 05:11 PM
His passing in other games out side of LSU, if the WR caught the ball more his confidence would have been where it needed.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2018, 05:12 PM
His passing in other games out side of LSU, if the WR caught the ball more his confidence would have been where it needed.

Yep. Think about the dropped deep pass in Florida game. Catch that and we win. It changes the entire game n

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 05:19 PM
He really didn't change anything all that much. The difference was that Fitz was making good plays throws and the receivers were catching them. That makes a huge difference. The other thing is that Aris Williams can pass block.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 05:23 PM
He really didn't change anything all that much. The difference was that Fitz was making good plays throws and the receivers were catching them. That makes a huge difference. The other thing is that Aris Williams can pass block.

Finally a post from you that I agree with.

redstickdawg
10-28-2018, 05:29 PM
Yep. Think about the dropped deep pass in Florida game. Catch that and we win. It changes the entire game n

That drop against Fl was the game changer and it hurt the attitude I think. If Fitz and the receivers play like last night we would be 11-1 at worst at the end of the season. When Fitz has been on there have been too many drops, not last night.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 06:22 PM
One difference was Fitz rushed it less. 6 rushes became 6 more downfield shots in the passing game instead and it freed up space for all.

Gutter Cobreh
10-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Maybe it was just me, but I saw a lot less RPO last night. It seemed like it was either run plays or pass plays, and not as much pass if they show this, run if they show that.

Really Clark?
10-28-2018, 06:38 PM
Maybe it was just me, but I saw a lot less RPO last night. It seemed like it was either run plays or pass plays, and not as much pass if they show this, run if they show that.

Yep. Even some of the runs plays were just counters but looked like a zone read initially. Passing game had less reads, definite progression to one side of the field (don’t think we ever had Fitz look but to one side or the other all night but might have missed some of that) hitches was a good add to the route. Screens. I thought for the most part there was good balance of attack. And loved that we won a game by beating a teams weakness with the weakest part of our game.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Yep. Even some of the runs plays were just counters but looked like a zone read initially. Passing game had less reads, definite progression to one side of the field (don?t think we ever had Fitz look but to one side or the other all night but might have missed some of that) hitches was a good add to the route. Screens. I thought for the most part there was good balance of attack. And loved that we won a game by beating a teams weakness with the weakest part of our game.

Yep. Rewatching it now. Another thing to add is the route running was extra crisp last night.

parabrave
10-29-2018, 09:31 AM
Yep. Rewatching it now. Another thing to add is the route running was extra crisp last night.

And one thing about the receivers was that they went up and fought for the ball instead of waiting for it like they had been. Like JOMOs new coaching attitude also. You could see how it translated to the fired up demonur of the players.

Hypnodawg
10-29-2018, 10:18 AM
Fitz looked pretty much the same. Slightly different play calling, coaches still too slow getting some of the plays in which cost us. The improvement was receivers going up and getting the ball.

dawgday166
10-29-2018, 10:29 AM
And one thing about the receivers was that they went up and fought for the ball instead of waiting for it like they had been. Like JOMOs new coaching attitude also. You could see how it translated to the fired up demonur of the players.

I do to. Gotta keep it up ... gotta keep working. Even with all that, while he has learned a major lesson or 2 so far, one more big one to learn in near future. As physical as the play has been, it will be much moreso in TTown in 2 weeks. Joe ain't seen that yet.

Coach007
10-29-2018, 10:37 AM

No, per him.... the coach, he changed everything.

"I had restricted the passing" "I can't coach in fear of QB"

You can hear what he had to say on the replay or dvr. The announcers talked a lot about it.

TrapGame
10-29-2018, 10:46 AM

You can hear what he had to say on the replay or dvr. The announcers talked a lot about it.

So, did Joe just call plays like he had Trace and Sequon out there instead of Nick and Aeris?

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2018, 11:45 AM

I also heard him say they didn't change much of anything in postgame interviews.

BiscuitEater
10-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Yeah. After people demanded he keep it on the ground a majority of the time he finally does what he does best and lo and behold it actually worked out OK.

The ONE thing that the 'RTDF' crowd forgets .. the single best way to open up the running game, is the long pass threat. When the long pass started working in the A&M game, the running game worked.

Political Hack
10-29-2018, 11:57 AM
The ONE thing that the 'RTDF' crowd forgets .. the single best way to open up the running game, is the long pass threat. When the long pass started working in the A&M game, the running game worked.

Said at the beginning of the season, if we can get the deep passing game going, we will roll. If not, we'll struggle. I didn't expect it to be such a huge difference game to game, but in the games where we threatened over the top we scored a lot. When we don't, we don't.

tcdog70
10-29-2018, 03:48 PM
he shit the bed on the third and 3 inches play. Come on JoMo QB sneak with your 230 bulldozer and get the 1st and ten.