PDA

View Full Version : msstate7

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 01:24 PM
How mad are you today that Jimbo is overrated and lost

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 01:30 PM
He's more mad about Foambat leaving the team.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 01:30 PM
I'm not mad... quite happy we won. I predicted we would, and I predicted fitz would have a big game. I did predict 27-16 though, so I was off...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?70565-Gotta-win-this-game

You haven't heard the last of jimbo. Whatever you wanna think though...

basedog
10-28-2018, 01:35 PM
I'm not mad... quite happy we won. I predicted we would, and I predicted fitz would have a big game. I did predict 27-16 though, so I was off...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?70565-Gotta-win-this-game

You haven't heard the last of jimbo. Whatever you wanna think though...

U should enjoy the moment and look forward not backwards. Joe did a great job getting Msu ready to play last night, he called a good overall game, and yes he made some head scratching calls but so did Little Jimbo!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Saying Jimbo won't be successful at A&M is the same as saying Mullen won't be successful at Florida. It's ridiculous. They will be successful once they get the players to run their systems. Same can be said for Moorhead

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Saying Jimbo won't be successful at A&M is the same as saying Mullen won't be successful at Florida. It's ridiculous. They will be successful once they get the players to run their systems. Same can be said for Moorhead

Florida will not give Mullen enough time. Hell they fired the guy who won the east three times. If Mullen can't beat Georgia in the next two seasons he is gone. Georgia will be Mullen's new Bama except those crazy bastards are not going to be patient like us.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Mullen wants none of Kirby and Jimbo doesnt want any of the SEC.

He was able to take weeks off in the ACC. He cant do that here.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2018, 09:10 PM
Mullen wants none of Kirby and Jimbo doesnt want any of the SEC.

He was able to take weeks off in the ACC. He cant do that here.

Mullins best chance at Kirby was this year.

TUSK
10-28-2018, 11:49 PM
Jimbo gone be aight... not "$75M aight", but "top half the SEC aight"...

Regardless, he's an upgrade from "Where's my Hennesy/What's Defense?" Sumlin...

Dawg61
10-29-2018, 01:17 AM
Jimbo gone be aight... not "$75M aight", but "top half the SEC aight"...

Regardless, he's an upgrade from "Where's my Hennesy/What's Defense?" Sumlin...

Sumlin's tasting the Hennessy at Arizona now. They just routed #19 Oregon 44-15.

Bully13
10-29-2018, 01:27 AM
Blast me for it but I've always liked sumlin. Not sure why he tanked at A&m but I have always and still think he's a decent coach.

StarkVegasSteve
10-29-2018, 08:35 AM
Blast me for it but I've always liked sumlin. Not sure why he tanked at A&m but I have always and still think he's a decent coach.

Part of me always felt bad for Sumlin because he was thrown into an unwinnable situation with that fan base, especially after the win at Bama in year one and ManzielMania. However, I stopped feeling bad after I saw his buyout. I think he's a good coach for a Pac 12/Big 12 team. His unwillingness to recruit defensively will always hold him back though.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2018, 08:45 AM

Not exactly tanking

His last 4 years were

8-4
8-4
8-4
7-5

Winning in the SEC is really hard. I'm not sure A&M have realized that.

Gutter Cobreh
10-29-2018, 09:00 AM

A lot of folks on here seem to think it's relatively easy to bust out 9-10 wins every year!

I think the unrealistic expectations are what cripple programs (looking at you A&M and Auburn).

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2018, 09:04 AM
Not exactly tanking

His last 4 years were

8-4
8-4
8-4
7-5

Why would they have figured it out? They are still trying to figure out how they couldn't dominate the Big 12.

msudawglb
10-29-2018, 09:08 AM
A lot of folks on here seem to think it's relatively easy to bust out 9-10 wins every year!

I think the unrealistic expectations are what cripple programs (looking at you A&M and Auburn).

You sir, speak the truth. A rare quality in these here parts.

msstate7
10-29-2018, 09:21 AM

Auburn is hardly crippled. They won a natty in 2010. They were runner up in 2013. They've been in a NY6 bowl the last 2 years. They played for sec championship last year.

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Auburn is hardly crippled. They won a natty in 2010. They were runner up in 2013. They've been in a NY6 bowl the last 2 years. They played for sec championship last year.

I think his point is that Auburn fans believe they always have the talent to compete for Titles, and should always compete for titles. They lose 1 game, and the whole fan base goes ape shit and calls for the coach to be fired. That can breed instability when it happens year in and year out. They won the SEC West last year and wanted Gus gone. They are 5-3, and capable of beating everyone left on their schedule (they did it last year), but that loud clamor in the fan base keeps the players wondering. It can keep them from buying in. And it happens regularly at Auburn.

msstate7
10-29-2018, 09:47 AM
I think his point is that Auburn fans believe they always have the talent to compete for Titles, and should always compete for titles. They lose 1 game, and the whole fan base goes ape shit and calls for the coach to be fired. That can breed instability when it happens year in and year out. They won the SEC West last year and wanted Gus gone. They are 5-3, and capable of beating everyone left on their schedule (they did it last year), but that loud clamor in the fan base keeps the players wondering. It can keep them from buying in. And it happens regularly at Auburn.

No argument on that

Dawg61
10-29-2018, 09:48 AM

And just last week they were bragging to the world that they were gonna get some booster to pay $32 mill to fire their coach. Auburn is ruhtards.

Bully13
10-29-2018, 09:51 AM
I think it was shotgun that mentioned that Texas does have somewhat of a handicap in the style of high school football they play. More finesse and not enough trench strength and toughness.