PDA

View Full Version : Booze? It's in the forum description, but I haven't seen it here yet...

Political Hack
10-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm a scotch guy. I drank bourbon in grade school, but I grew up and graduated to scotch.

My staple is Morangie Ten, but I usually keep a bottle of 18 around too for special occasions (e.g., when we beat Florida in 2010). Right now I've got some glennfiddich 12, Yamazaki 12, two bottles of Laphroaig 10, Highland Park 18, Grangestone 18, Macallan 15, and Morangie 18.

I've also got some mini bottles from gift packs... all Morangie: Quinta Ruban, Lasanta, & Nectar D'or.

The wife has some kiwi strawberry vodka and tequila for margaritas.

What's in your liquor cabinet????

BeastMan
10-16-2013, 09:54 PM
There is a thread on down I started about bird dog whiskey.

My liquor cabinet contains:
-Jim beam
-Smirnoff Vodka
-Berry Vodka new Amsterdam
-Cherry Vodka smirnoff
-A cpl table reds (cab & merlot various brands)
- margarita mix
-sweet and sour
-Collins mix
-grenadine

My fridge is fully stocked w/Miller lite and coors light. Usually a couple crafts.

At my coast headquarters I have a fridge slammed full of Budweiser, BL lime, and mixed craft bottles. Liquor cabinet has Crown, Tangle Ridge, and Wellers 107 proof. Also have a wine cabinet with Merlot, Cab, Wht Zin, and Chard. The coast hq is used by the fam so there is plenty of variety. Side note: don't night cap w/a cpl Wellers 107 and get on a boat at 5:30 am.

Political Hack
10-16-2013, 10:22 PM
I need to add some bourbon for guest. Some people like to mix their drinks with sprite or coke and I nearly shit myself when I saw a friend of mine poor coke into a glass of 18 year old scotch.

BeastMan
10-16-2013, 10:32 PM
I need to add some bourbon for guest. Some people like to mix their drinks with sprite or coke and I nearly shit myself when I saw a friend of mine poor coke into a glass of 18 year old scotch.

Rookie. I'm not even a huge scotch guy but I can take an 18 neat and puff on a cohiba/Alec Bradley like I'm John freaking gotti

FlabLoser
10-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Love no-peat scotch. Don't buy it much due to the price. Macallan 15 is the best I've bought and it was mind blowing fantastic.

Hack told me about the bang/buck factor on that Yamaha Suzuki whatever stuff. I keep an eye out for that.

One cocktail I like a lot that is underrated is a Manhattan. A lot of people think a Manhattan is some fruity chick drink from Sex And The City. It ain't. It is 1 part sweet vermouth and 2 parts whiskey on the rocks. You need a rye whiskey or a bourbon that has a lot of rye in it. Old Charter works. Heck Jim Beam Rye works well even though the stuff is nasty by itself or in coke. Manhattans are real smooth. Kinda dangerous - you can kick back a bunch of them because they taste a lot less alcoholic than they are.

I'm mostly a bourbon or rum guy.

Woodford Reserve is my favorite bourbon. It is similar to drinking scotch. Has a complex flavor that changes as you drink it. I like it with a couple cubes of ice.

For rum on the rocks, El Dorado 15 is amazing. Little pricey though.

You can't beat Sailor Jerry for the price. I like SJ on the rocks too.

If I want great tasting liquor, I take my favorites with a 2-3 cubes of ice.

But if I want a buzz, I put cheaper stuff in coke or sprite. I get a lot better buzz that way. Don't know why. When I drink liquor on the rocks, I generally skip the buzz and go straight to drunk. And bonus on caffeine for getting a buzz. A coke + Sailor Jerry does a lot more for me than say Gentleman Jack & sprite.

Barking 13
10-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Not really a big drinker anymore....can't stand bourbon. I do like spiced rum (as said in the other post) and some special Tequilas that I can't even pronounce the name of. They are like mom & pop made from the Jalisco province. My buddy that owns the Mexican restaurant up the street brings it to me...

Back in the day I liked Tangueray, and several scotches....