PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fitzgerald

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 12:47 PM
I dont want to gush over 1 performance and he def got a lot of help from his guys. .......

But I am as proud of that kid as I've ever been of a MS State football player. He shut all of us up and he is going to be ok. Say whatever you want about the kid but he is a warrior and has always left everything he had on the football field. He takes a beating and he keeps toting the rock. The 3rd and 20 play to Guidry was the biggest play of the football season so far. He stayed in the pocket trusted his guys and made a game changing play.

Texas A&M wants no part of that kid. He is undefeated and scored 11 TDs in 3 starts against them.

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 12:55 PM
Agreed. He looked confident last night and a lot of times as a QB that’s the most important thing. Now let’s win 4 out of 5 down the stretch and finish 9-4 with the bowl win.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 01:05 PM
Agreed. He looked confident last night and a lot of times as a QB that’s the most important thing. Now let’s win 4 out of 5 down the stretch and finish 9-4 with the bowl win.

If our WRs play like they did last night we will give Bama the biggest fight they will have all year.

Coursesuper
10-28-2018, 01:09 PM
If our WRs play like they did last night we will give Bama the biggest fight they will have all year.

Amen, they showed up last night. If that play continues we are a tough out.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 01:09 PM

Now THAT will be the test IMO. While Bama's secondary blows coverages and isn't as good as usual YET ... they do have ball skills and our WRs will really have to fight for 50/50 balls against them.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Its a long way off but I am so excited for what we have the chance to do to OM. I know Fitz is already thinking about it

MaroonFlounder
10-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Fitz is one tough SOB. Be prepared to see him take a physical beating in Tuscaloosa in 2 weeks, but he will jump right up after every hit. In fact, if you ever see him not jump right up immediately, you will know he's truly hurt. He never wants to give the opposing defense the satisfaction of know they are wearing him down. And he deserves the chance to break one off in the Landshart D Thanksgiving night. F those shitbirds.

Sacrifice
10-28-2018, 01:25 PM
That was no doubt the best game from our WRs all year. They made the routine catches plus some 50/50 balls. The Guidry and Mitchell catches for TDs we're outstanding!

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Amen, Bucky! Fitz is a warrior! We may question his passing and decision making sometimes but the guy is competitor and gives everything he's got every week. Heart of a lion!

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 02:25 PM
I dont want to gush over 1 performance and he def got a lot of help from his guys. .......

But I am as proud of that kid as I've ever been of a MS State football player. He shut all of us up and he is going to be ok. Say whatever you want about the kid but he is a warrior and has always left everything he had on the football field. He takes a beating and he keeps toting the rock. The 3rd and 20 play to Guidry was the biggest play of the football season so far. He stayed in the pocket trusted his guys and made a game changing play.

Texas A&M wants no part of that kid. He is undefeated and scored 11 TDs in 3 starts against them.

Amen, he is a warrior! Anybody who has been bad-mouthing him should be ashamed.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 02:28 PM

It takes 6 to 7 games for JUCO to get caught up to speed. Look at Ranking he was the number one Tackle in JUCO and red shirted. Maybe Guidry is catching up.

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Fitz is one tough SOB. Be prepared to see him take a physical beating in Tuscaloosa in 2 weeks, but he will jump right up after every hit. In fact, if you ever see him not jump right up immediately, you will know he's truly hurt. He never wants to give the opposing defense the satisfaction of know they are wearing him down. And he deserves the chance to break one off in the Landshart D Thanksgiving night. F those shitbirds.

And he deserves the chance to break one off in the Landshart D Thanksgiving night. F those shitbirds. I second that! Rep given.

RougeDawg
10-28-2018, 03:06 PM
I just have a sneaky feeling that the Bearsharts will once again try to physically injure Fitz and take him out of the game.

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 03:08 PM
I just have a sneaky feeling that the Bearsharts will once again try to physically injure Fitz and take him out of the game.

I bet JoMo won't take that as well as Mullet did!!

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 03:10 PM
And he deserves the chance to break one off in the Landshart D Thanksgiving night. F those shitbirds. I second that! Rep given.

Agreed. I hope he runs roughshod over those turds up north.

Gutter Cobreh
10-28-2018, 03:19 PM
While I've never called for Key to replace him, I've been critical of Fitz. He balled out last night. Kudos to him, as he deserves to relish in the crow.

yjnkdawg
10-28-2018, 03:44 PM
I bet JoMo won't take that as well as Mullet did!!

I think DM was more concerned with talking about his future coaching career, with Jimmy Sexton, than what happened in DWS that night.

Bothrops
10-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Nick "The Warrior" Fitzgerald

I like it.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 04:12 PM

I'd be more surprised if they didn't try to. Hopefully the SEC gives us the officials that call things pretty tight.

Coursesuper
10-28-2018, 04:33 PM
I'd be more surprised if they didn't try to. Hopefully the SEC gives us the officials that call things pretty tight.

It's hard to officiate intentions. There is no doubt that UNM makes a concerted attempt to go low and take shots at the opposition, I would go as far to say that they seem to be coached to do so. But unless it's targeting or late there's not much you can do. We just have to hit them in the mouth and make them quit. Then maybe that bush league BS will subside.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2018, 06:46 PM

Nope. Fans that criticized his play do not need to be ashamed. They were correct last week. Just like all the praise Fitz is getting this week is also correct. Both are coming from the same posters and both are valid.

Look, we appreciate great performances on the field and someone that plays the game with integrity. Fitz always puts it on the line, every single game. No one, and I mean no one can dispute that, nor should they try. At the same time LSU performance was sub par for many reasons and it is fair game to bring it up.

I wanted KT to start yesterday. But the second Fitz went out there he had my support. Why? Cause I am a bulldog fan and Fitz is a bulldog through and through. I support all of our players regardless of my personal thoughts about who should play or who should start. #hailstate.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 07:49 PM
Nope. Fans that criticized his play do not need to be ashamed. They were correct last week. Just like all the praise Fitz is getting this week is also correct. Both are coming from the same posters and both are valid.

Look, we appreciate great performances on the field and someone that plays the game with integrity. Fitz always puts it on the line, every single game. No one, and I mean no one can dispute that, nor should they try. At the same time LSU performance was sub par for many reasons and it is fair game to bring it up.

I wanted KT to start yesterday. But the second Fitz went out there he had my support. Why? Cause I am a bulldog fan and Fitz is a bulldog through and through. I support all of our players regardless of my personal thoughts about who should play or who should start. #hailstate.

Agreed. Great post! That's the attitude we all should have!

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 08:05 PM
God forbid Fitz does get hurt in the Egg KT could beat them as well. As Maximus Decimus Meridius once said ''the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end''...

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2018, 08:06 PM

There is no question. The only question is which rebel will it be. It was obvious last year Speaks wanted the bounty pay out.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2018, 08:12 PM
All I have got to say is ..... let’s take a positive approach and support the kid so he can go out a winner. Show Everyone from players to coaches and other fans that we are family.

For years I have heard the worst rumors about him. Terrible stuff. I don’t know why State fans would repeat the stuff but ..... anyway it is almost a MSU tradition for the senior QB to be rode out on a rail. Bond, Smith, Taite and Madkin that I recall. Let’s not repeat history. Be positive and support the guy. He had many more good than bad games. I’ve watched MSU football a long long time. He is one of the best to play the position for us.

I hope he kicks ass going out. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 08:28 PM
Look if they hurt Fitz this year I'm going after someone on that field, who's with me? I'm tired of their crap.

Political Hack
10-28-2018, 08:39 PM
Dude breaks records has a few off games and people flipped. It was a little absurd. We also got to look at KT. But Fitz showed he is the guy now.

justwin
10-28-2018, 08:42 PM
Great Job Nick. I thought he was done & incapable of doing what he did last night.

Biggest difference is he actually put air on the deep balls last night which he hasn't done last two years. He still is throwing too many balls out of bounds though. You can't catch it if it's out of bounds. Put air on it & keep in bounds solves many, many of his passing problems.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2018, 10:39 PM
Look if they hurt Fitz this year I'm going after someone on that field, who's with me? I'm tired of their crap.

I’m with ya.

BhamDawg205
10-28-2018, 10:51 PM

His last 3 weeks warranted scrutiny... Just like his play against A&M deserved praise. Same goes for the HC, offensive coaches, and the other offensive players. One game is not a trend.... If they perform like this the rest of the season. Win or lose, because there still will be growing pains, the criticism won't be as harsh.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
10-28-2018, 10:56 PM
THE EGG BOW IS SHAPING UP TO BE A CLASSIC.

Bully13
10-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Why can't chop blocks be called for ball carriers like OL? One guy already fitz wrapped up high. All spears had to do was hit him in the thigh area. It was blatant. Film needs to be sent to the NCAA on all the QBs shitbirds have been intentionally.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 11:35 PM
Why can't chop blocks be called for ball carriers like OL? One guy already fitz wrapped up high. All spears had to do was hit him in the thigh area. It was blatant. Film needs to be sent to the NCAA on all the QBs shitbirds have been intentionally.

We have enough rules trying to take football out of football we dont need any more. Hang that up

Coursesuper
10-29-2018, 08:57 AM
We have enough rules trying to take football out of football we dont need any more. Hang that up

Well said. You cant legislate everything.

StateDawg44
10-29-2018, 10:38 AM

Pretty sure he was rolling out and pretty much half way to the sideline on that 3&20 pass but I get what you're saying.

He looked like a completely different player and played great.