PDA

View Full Version : #21 in the Coaches

BrunswickDawg
10-28-2018, 12:00 PM
#21 in the Coaches Poll. We getting mad respect for a 3 loss team this year.

Maybe tight losses to #4, #12 and #14 actually mean something.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Bad thing is this: If our offense plays like last night, I don't see a team outside of Bama, Clemson, or Ga in top 10 that we don't beat by at least 10. And we'd smoke ND.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 12:13 PM
I figure we will be top 20 come tuesday in the poll that matters. Win big next week and just play our asses off against Bama, then win out we could be top 15.

Leroy Jenkins
10-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Bad thing is this: If our offense plays like last night, I don't see a team outside of Bama, Clemson, or Ga in top 10 that we don't beat by at least 10. And we'd smoke ND.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/you-are-what-ivrz2j.jpg

BulldogBear
10-28-2018, 12:21 PM
#21 in the Coaches Poll. We getting mad respect for a 3 loss team this year.

Maybe tight losses to #4, #12 and #14 actually mean something.

Combined record of above is 20-4

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 12:23 PM
We are an inconsistent top 10 caliber team

We are the Auburn program in 1 season.

Volatile, but, if we are on, watch the 17 out

BrunswickDawg
10-28-2018, 12:27 PM
Combined record of above is 20-4

And don't be shocked when UK gives UGA a game this week. UK is a lot like us - offense can be shut down by the right D, but defense can shut down anyone. UGA isn't last year's UGA and has struggled on the road and against good defenses.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:31 PM
And don't be shocked when UK gives UGA a game this week. UK is a lot like us - offense can be shut down by the right D, but defense can shut down anyone. UGA isn't last year's UGA and has struggled on the road and against good defenses.

They're front 7 on D is very underwhelming to me.

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 12:39 PM

Well they are Top 20 in rush defense. This is why people have unrealistic views of our opponents. Well their front 7 is underwhelming. Guess what? They aren't. You can think they are, but the facts say they are the #17 rush defense. That's good for 2nd in the conference and better than us and Bama.

And they are second in the nation in scoring defense. Our fan base is ill informed and uneducated if some still think Kentucky is a bad team and should have been a definite win. That's a very good football team and probably one of, if not the best one they've had since Bear Bryant.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Well they are Top 20 in rush defense. This is why people have unrealistic views of our opponents. Well their front 7 is underwhelming. Guess what? They aren't. You can think they are, but the facts say they are the #17 rush defense. That's good for 2nd in the conference and better than us and Bama.

Their D line isn't in same ball park as ours. At least they weren't yesterday. Outside of LSU, who have they played that can really run the ball?

Cloak
10-28-2018, 12:43 PM

We win one game against an average Texas A&M team and everyone thinks we are somehow top 10. I'm usually the resident optimist, but come on guys be realistic. We are still a top tier defensive team with a below average offense. Your statement about being able to beat anyone in the top 10 minus GA, Clemson, or Bama is stupid. We may have the talent, but the gameplan and offensive scheme doesn't match the personel. We are headed in a new direction offensively and will take time and the players to implement. We simply will be below average until 1. Jomo abondons the direction we are headed. Or 2. We get the right players and time to implement

BrunswickDawg
10-28-2018, 12:44 PM

So a team that is tied for #1 in Scoring D, and is #3 nationally in Conference Games Scoring D is underwhelming? Really?

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:49 PM
So a team that is tied for #1 in Scoring D, and is #3 nationally in Conference Games Scoring D is underwhelming? Really?

Yea. Look at who they've played. Vandy?? USCe?? Tenn?? Mizzou-not bad. LSU ... whupped them and can run football. Then a weak OOC schedule.

FL rushed for 170 against them, and I don't consider FL an elite rushing team. They gashed them up the middle. GA nose guard is big and slow and can be pushed around a good bit ... or at least he was yesterday.

BrunswickDawg
10-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Yea. Look at who they've played. Vandy?? USCe?? Tenn?? Mizzou-not bad. LSU ... whupped them and can run football. Then a weak OOC schedule.

FL rushed for 170 against them, and I don't consider FL an elite rushing team. They gashed them up the middle. GA nose guard is big and slow and can be pushed around a good bit ... or at least he was yesterday.

Kentucky hasn't played LSU or Tennessee. And UF is #14 in the country. And 8 games into the season is a pretty strong measure of how good any offense or defense are. Their defense is legit.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:59 PM
Kentucky hasn't played LSU or Tennessee. And UF is #14 in the country. And 8 games into the season is a pretty strong measure of how good any offense or defense are. Their defense is legit.

It ain't like last year's by a good bit. Mizzou passed on them a good bit. LSU ran down their throat and hit some big pass plays. If Franks doesn't throw picks yesterday, that game is much closer. FL is a good team. But I'm not terribly impressed with GAs D. And believe me, I want it to be good so they can possibly beat Bama. But they'll get smoked by Bama this year.

ETA: If we hadn't lost a game, I would not have too much of a problem saying we 3rd behind Bama and GA in SEC. But if our O can keep producing like last night, I think we can beat GA this year ... won't never know tho.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 01:00 PM
Kentucky whooped our ass. Give em respect already.

Really Clark?
10-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Georgia DFEI rank is 34th nationally we are 8th. The DFEI adjusts for the opponents offensive strength. Still a good defense, no question. But down from last years 4th place rank (we were 10th last year)

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 01:06 PM

Alright everyone ... just to be clear. I was talking about GAs front 7 in case anyone thinks I was talking about KYs. I wasn't.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 01:07 PM

UF #14 at what? I ain't seeing it when I go look at the stats.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 01:11 PM
UF #14 at what? I ain't seeing it when I go look at the stats.

Lol really baw. Try just checking the normal CFB rankings. The ones they rank teams on that determine what a team is ranked based on how good they are.

hacker
10-28-2018, 01:16 PM
#21 in AP as well

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Lol really baw. Try just checking the normal CFB rankings. The ones they rank teams on that determine what a team is ranked based on how good they are.

I thought he meant in a stat category. Yea, they're ranked 14. But that don't mean they're an elite rushing team. That's what I was talking about.

basedog
10-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Let's be realistic, the Sec is a bad ass kick your ass conference. Quit down playing the conference, it's by far the only conference that plays bad ass defense!

BrunswickDawg
10-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Let's be realistic, the Sec is a bad ass kick your ass conference. Quit down playing the conference, it's by far the only conference that plays bad ass defense!

I keep saying - week to week, anyone 2-11 in the SEC can beat any other team in the league. Bama can beat everyone. Vandy, Arkansas and OM can only beat each other.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Alright everyone ... just to be clear. I was talking about GAs front 7 in case anyone thinks I was talking about KYs. I wasn't.

Lol. Yeah I was reading this thread and saying I thing they are talking about different teams.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 02:15 PM

You are so right! Watch the other conferences and you'll see how weak the football is outside of a very few teams. The SEC is absolutely brutal and now the East is building and the SEC as a whole is just incredible!

IMissJack
10-28-2018, 02:35 PM
You are so right! Watch the other conferences and you'll see how weak the football is outside of a very few teams. The SEC is absolutely brutal and now the East is building and the SEC as a whole is just incredible!

Yep. I live in BIG XII country and most of their games are unwatchable to me. It's 4 1/2 hours of bubble screens and no defense most of the time. No thanks.