PDA

View Full Version : Gun's Grad Transfer Punter Radar

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 10:07 AM
This seems like the easiest upgrade that we can make on this football team going into 2019 because what we currently have is unacceptable for the SEC. We are currently ranked 119th in the country in punting.

Here are some interesting candidates to be our grad transfer punter next season:

Brandon Wright - Georgia State - JR - 32 punts this year for an average of 48.88 yards. Red shirt JR. So he's easily a grad transfer.

Thomas Bennett - Tulsa - JR - 36 punts this year for an average of 46.78 yards

Michael Farkas - Ohio - JR - 28 punts for a 45.36 average

Cody Mills - Delta State - JR - 31 punts for a 45 yard average #1 in D2 football I mean come on, this is like shooting fish in a barrel

Max Peets - Fort Lewis - JR - 49 punts for a 45 yards average

Go get one!!!!

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:11 AM
Stalk em on twitter and invite them to transfer. Might work. Might get you banned from State. Idk?

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 10:13 AM
Stalk em on twitter and invite them to transfer. Might work. Might get you banned from State. Idk?

IDK what or how to do this, but there are tons of really good punters at the lower levels. Absolutely no reason why we can't go get one.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:17 AM
IDK what or how to do this, but there are tons of really good punters at the lower levels. Absolutely no reason why we can't go get one.

Are you a booster? DM them on twitter and tell them our punter sucks.**

Saltydog
10-28-2018, 10:22 AM
They have been bailed out by our defense time and again.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Are you a booster? DM them on twitter and tell them our punter sucks.**

I wouldn't think it would take booster involvement to convince a kid to come punt in the SEC for a year

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't think it would take booster involvement to convince a kid to come punt in the SEC for a year

If you aren't a booster hit up them socials. As far as I know it ain't breaking any rules.

Drewbowski
10-28-2018, 10:56 AM
The biggest creep and the higgest dumbass in MSU internet sports culture ladies and gentlemen!

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Scott Goodman can do it

timotheus
10-28-2018, 01:21 PM
USM has a punter, currently a red shirt freshman from New Albany MS. I saw him kick and punt in high school and he is very talented. He turned down several juco offers and chose to go to a 4yr school instead. If he were to transfer, then state would have an excellent punter for the next 4 years.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Moorhead needs to take a vacation to Australia this offseason and come back with one of them fancy Australian punters.

yjnkdawg
10-28-2018, 04:25 PM
If you aren't a booster hit up them socials. As far as I know it ain't breaking any rules.

The best suggestion is probably let the coaches handle any potential grad transfers or recruits. This suggestion has the potential to be a possible problem to our athletic program.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 04:33 PM
The best suggestion is probably let the coaches handle any potential grad transfers or recruits. This suggestion has the potential to be a possible problem to our athletic program.

I think Shotgun making new friends on twitter is healthy

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 04:33 PM
The guy from Delta State is from Oxford so it may be a little more difficult than shooting fish in the barrel since I'm going to guess that there's about a 95% chance he's an Ole Miss fan.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Scott Goodman can do it

The dude has a cannon on kickoffs! Can he punt that well? If so hopefully we'll get him out there.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 04:40 PM
The dude has a cannon on kickoffs! Can he punt that well? If so hopefully we'll get him out there.

At this point I don't think it would hurt to try him. I know he punted in high school.

Schultzy
10-28-2018, 05:33 PM
There are some grad transfer wr’s that have contacted our coaches but I wasn’t given the names. They see opportunity for playing time here.

Dawgfan77
10-28-2018, 05:34 PM
I have also heard we may look at a QB. Don?t shoot the messenger

yjnkdawg
10-28-2018, 06:36 PM
I have also heard we may look at a QB. Don?t shoot the messenger

Yeah, I know who you are talking about and there may possibly be some interest in pursuing him. I just don't know how two of the quarterbacks who will be on campus next year would perceive that decision. It shouldn't effect Shrader with a red shirt next year.

yjnkdawg
10-28-2018, 07:10 PM
I think Shotgun making new friends on twitter is healthy

Steve had said many times on the Boneyard, don't interact with potential recruits or our players on social media. I highly doubt that a message board poster either interacting or being a social media friend would have any effect with a potential recruit or transfer's decision. If somebody does something stupid, in the eyes of the NCAA, then that person will have a lot of our fans, plus the MSU Administration very upset with him.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Steve had said many times on the Boneyard, don't interact with potential recruits or our players on social media. I highly doubt that a message board poster either interacting or being a social media friend would have any effect with a potential recruit or transfer's decision. If somebody does something stupid, in the eyes of the NCAA, then that person will have a lot of our fans, plus the MSU Administration very upset with him.

Agree. The best thing to do is just like or retweet their tweets. It gives them attention but it isn't creepy and it's legal.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 08:08 PM

He was the best punter in the state in high school and it wasnt close

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 09:53 PM
He was the best punter in the state in high school and it wasnt close

Figured as much with the way he booms the kickoffs. Sure would love to see him get a try at punting.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 11:36 PM
Figured as much with the way he booms the kickoffs. Sure would love to see him get a try at punting.

I am shocked that he hasnt at this point. You cant tell me he doesnt practice it or that nobody on the staff has thought about it

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 11:45 PM
I am shocked that he hasnt at this point. You cant tell me he doesnt practice it or that nobody on the staff has thought about it

Sure would help our defense if we could average another 10 yards a punt. With the way our d gets after that would be huge!