PDA

View Full Version : One pass that really stood out to me last night

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Was the one to Guidry where he was scrambling. He was running left and through back against his body and his Guidry in stride for that 84 yard pass play. Maybe it was skill maybe it was a blind squirrel finding a nut, but it was a great throw in a big situation.

Coursesuper
10-28-2018, 09:43 AM
Great play on a scramble drill.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 09:49 AM
Impressive that the 84 yard pass on 3rd & 20 stood out to you.....*

Good eye

WinningIsRelentless
10-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Fitz is a lot better passer rolling/scrambling out of the pocket than he is sitting in the pocket.

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 09:53 AM
Guidry broke off his route and ran to open when he saw Fitz scrambling. He should have been doing that all year and if he has been maybe Fitz hasn't seen him.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:25 AM
Seems to me Fitz made all the throws like they were supposed to be made last night and they were "catchable". In FL game our O didn't move well, but it wasn't due to him. I scripted those passes when rewatching and he made like 3-4 bad thows all night. The rest were on the mark and should've been caught.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:26 AM
Fitz is a lot better passer rolling/scrambling out of the pocket than he is sitting in the pocket.

Fitz is fine in the pocket when a LB or Safety ain't fixing tho level him in about 1.5 secs or less.

thf24
10-28-2018, 10:30 AM
When Fitz is on, he's an NFL QB in terms of throwing the ball. Just needs to get faster upstairs and figure how to turn it on more than 30% of the games he plays.

West Tn Dawg
10-28-2018, 10:33 AM
Big part of that was snapping the ball with 10 or so seconds on the clock instead of one. When you run the clock down every time the defense gets a jump because they KNOW when you're going to snap it. It's next to impossible to block them when they are getting a jump on the snap. KY did it to us all night!

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:35 AM
When Fitz is on, he's an NFL QB in terms of throwing the ball. Just needs to get faster upstairs and figure how to turn it on more than 30% of the games he plays.

He does need to be more consistent with his A game. I probably agree with the upstairs part too. But the ball do go where he wants it to most every time, with exception of AU & LSU. He was tentative throwing in those games and seemed to be trying to push it out there softly or something to the target. I think he must've read all the crap about his "uncatchable balls" or something.