PDA

View Full Version : Just get Bowl eligible....

DogsofAnarchy
10-28-2018, 09:19 AM
I said it before and I will say it again. If going to 9 Bowl games in a row was easy, everybody would do it!! This weekend vs La. Tech is a huge deal!! Every Bulldog needs to be there Saturday!!!

basedog
10-28-2018, 09:23 AM
It's Homecoming, I expect a really good crowd.

The crowd got into the game last night.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Last night will really help attendance for la tech game

basedog
10-28-2018, 09:32 AM
Last night will really help attendance for la tech game

One thing about Msu athletics, we have for the most part good and bad, shown support for our school. Crowd was decent last night, it got rowdy and it was a very entertaining game especially since we won!

#87 and #1 played outstanding and made Sec catches I see from other receivers in the Sec last night!

99jc
10-28-2018, 09:55 AM
I said it before and I will say it again. If going to 9 Bowl games in a row was easy, everybody would do it!! This weekend vs La. Tech is a huge deal!! Every Bulldog needs to be there Saturday!!!

typical state mentality......we had a shot to win the SEC and now your just happy making a bowl! You sir have missed the big picture. I have been to every game home and away and I have never been so disappointed in a season. Hardhead 17'd up his only shot at the Title and your worried about people supporting this team against LA TECH a team we should beat by 40 to get bowl eligible.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2018, 10:05 AM
typical state mentality......we had a shot to win the SEC and now your just happy making a bowl! You sir have missed the big picture. I have been to every game home and away and I have never been so disappointed in a season. Hardhead 17'd up his only shot at the Title and your worried about people supporting this team against LA TECH a team we should beat by 40 to get bowl eligible.
Dude, this certainly should have been a special season but it’s not his only chance at a title. Zero chance Bama doesn’t go to SEC CG. I’m angry about the season too, but I think if Moorehead turns out to be a good coach, then when he gets his players running his offense, that’ll be our best shot at a title.

basedog
10-28-2018, 10:16 AM
IF you guys think we would or will beat Bama for the Sec West then I got a bridge in Vicksburg for sell. Be more realistic, who is gonna beat Bama period?

Going to a bowl game EVERY year is important, quit acting like we are Bama, winning is fun and I ain't gonna bitch about winning ever.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 10:39 AM

99 you have the typical poor old MSU mentality, never happy unless you are complaining. That was a big win for the program last night, probabaly the biggest one since at least 2014. Why not enjoy it? The OP is right about next week

MagicDawg
10-28-2018, 10:41 AM
I will be there. On the field, playing Hail State with the Alumni Band, and yelling for the Bulldogs. Same as I did when we went 1-10, same as I will if we go 15-0. I get angry and disappointed and frustrated with our results, but never stop supporting the team. Let's get this game and a couple more and get to a good bowl game!

99jc
10-28-2018, 10:43 AM
99 you have the typical poor old MSU mentality, never happy unless you are complaining. That was a big win for the program last night, probabaly the biggest one since at least 2014. Why not enjoy it? The OP is right about next week

We Were #1 in the country not that long ago. I refuse to lower my standards because we hired a coach that dropped the ball on his evaluation of this team and in my opinion 17d up this season.

MSUMatt
10-28-2018, 11:53 AM
We Were #1 in the country not that long ago. I refuse to lower my standards because we hired a coach that dropped the ball on his evaluation of this team and in my opinion 17d up this season.

Let?s just freaking cancel the season. Damn the person who tries to rally some optimism and support for the team.

RezDog7
10-28-2018, 11:57 AM

I really can't stand people like you. You're a miserable person and want to make everyone around you miserable. Please follow in Stingrays footsteps and find another team to piss on.

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 12:09 PM

We don't play to win the West. We play for second place like everyone else. We could have the best team in MSU history and not beat BAMA. Water is under the bridge...….you gonna go downstream and try to dam it up?

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 12:17 PM

We will......of the 3 winnable games left, LaTech may be the best overall team we play. I don't see how we could lose to Arkansas or Ole Miss unless we just don't mentally show up. The Piggies and Sharks are the worst rush defense teams in the history of college football. We shouldn't even have to pass the ball against them. Just let Fitz, Aeris, and Kylin to do the work with their legs.

Matt3467
10-28-2018, 12:20 PM

Dude, chill out. Quit trying to sour everyone's optimism after a huge win last night. You seem to be one of those people that are never happy, and so you try to bring everyone else down with you. I'm happy for my Bulldogs because I remember when we were winning 1, 2, and 3 games a year. Go rain on somebody else's parade.

basedog
10-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Dude, chill out. Quit trying to sour everyone's optimism after a huge win last night. You seem to be one of those people that are never happy, and so you try to bring everyone else down with you. I'm happy for my Bulldogs because I remember when we were winning 1, 2, and 3 games a year. Go rain on somebody else's parade.

+1

Msu has come a long ways in football, bitching about a winning season and any bowl game is f*cked up!

Tbonewannabe
10-28-2018, 01:39 PM

There was zero chance if Dan Mullen was here that we beat Bama therefore making a bowl was the ceiling. Maybe with Mullen here and the team not having to adjust to a new offense, we might have won 9-10. However we would probably lose to UM since Dan never put in the work at the end of the year due to interviewing at other places.

99jc
10-28-2018, 01:39 PM
I've been to more games since 1968 that most of you will ever attend especially the game thread posts that show you sit on your asses at the house but are supposed to be such huge fans. I will 17 ing bitch if I want to because I won't accept mediocrity. You win 1 damn game and all is well with that shitty head coach 99% of you were bitching about prior to sat game. I refuse to follow the herd.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 01:59 PM
I really can't stand people like you. You're a miserable person and want to make everyone around you miserable. Please follow in Stingrays footsteps and find another team to piss on.

Well said!

DawgFromOxford
10-28-2018, 01:59 PM
I've been to more games since 1968 that most of you will ever attend especially the game thread posts that show you sit on your asses at the house but are supposed to be such huge fans. I will 17 ing bitch if I want to because I won't accept mediocrity. You win 1 damn game and all is well with that shitty head coach 99% of you were bitching about prior to sat game. I refuse to follow the herd.

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties

gravedigger
10-28-2018, 02:17 PM

Actually you have become the typical state fan on message boards. You mouth off about this or that in absolutes and when it doesn?t come true you vent on a message board.

Seems I remember you also mouthing off about gambling early in the season.

That wouldn?t be the motivation for all this crybaby shit would it?

mparkerfd20
10-28-2018, 02:22 PM
If he's been going to games since 1968 he's an old fart and I wouldnt want to hang out with his old ass at a party anyway. **

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 02:32 PM

Give it a rest, jeez.

deadheaddawg
10-28-2018, 03:00 PM

You sir, are an idiot

deadheaddawg
10-28-2018, 03:02 PM

Still an idiot

somebodyshotmypaw
10-28-2018, 03:03 PM

It's just football. It's a game. Maybe you are the one missing the big picture.

deadheaddawg
10-28-2018, 03:04 PM

Claims to have watched a lot of football, but doesn't understand how it works.

Typical idiot

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2018, 03:15 PM

So since we're not going to be #1 this year just 17 the whole season?

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 04:19 PM

Me too Matt, remember Houston 72-0! I want to see us improve and maybe get in the playoffs one day, but I'm pretty happy with the progress we've made since I was a freshman 45 years ago.

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 04:24 PM
If he's been going to games since 1968 he's an old fart and I wouldnt want to hang out with his old ass at a party anyway. **

Hey give that old fart shit a break, huh!

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 04:38 PM
Our best chance to ever beat Alabama while Saban is there is in Starkville with a defense like we have now. Sort of like when we beat the Bear in Jackson.

The SEC is not going to allow a 3 loss MSU team to beat Alabama unless LSU beats them this weekend which also won't happen. That's just the reality of the situation. It's not about mediocrity. It's more like wrestling where the outcome is predetermined.

Tbonewannabe
10-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Our best chance to ever beat Alabama while Saban is there is in Starkville with a defense like we have now. Sort of like when we beat the Bear in Jackson.

The SEC is not going to allow a 3 loss MSU team to beat Alabama unless LSU beats them this weekend which also won't happen. That's just the reality of the situation. It's not about mediocrity. It's more like wrestling where the outcome is predetermined.

Bama also has the best offense in Bama history and possibly the best offense in SEC history.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 05:26 PM
Bama also has the best offense in Bama history and possibly the best offense in SEC history.

That also doesn't help our cause. Ultimately I don't feel like we could score enough to keep up with them even with our defense being as good as it is. I bet we hold them under their average because we run our offense pretty methodically (nice way of saying slow) and our defense is very good. Simmons, Sweat, and Abrams are Alabama caliber players.

West Tn Dawg
10-28-2018, 06:54 PM
I GUESS YALL DIDN'T HEAR THE MAN!
He's not going to lower his standards!
He will not accept mediocrity!
Exactly what are you going to do about it 99c? You going to fire CJM? You going to insert your offense?
Let's hear it!

yjnkdawg
10-28-2018, 07:39 PM

Do you have a right to bitch and gripe about our football coach on a message board? Yes.. Does it accomplish anything in the real life scheme of things? No.... Is it easier to say what you would do on something when you aren't put in that situation, and actually don't know the whole story on why a certain decision was made? Yes.... Can we go back and replay those 3 games we lost? No.... Are people upset or disappointed how things have gone? Yes... Are a lot of people just obsessed or obnoxious about it? Just a few on message boards. Do you ever find anything positive or good about anything? That we don't know.

RougeDawg
10-28-2018, 09:59 PM
That also doesn't help our cause. Ultimately I don't feel like we could score enough to keep up with them even with our defense being as good as it is. I bet we hold them under their average because we run our offense pretty methodically (nice way of saying slow) and our defense is very good. Simmons, Sweat, and Abrams are Alabama caliber players.

Birmingham office will not let us win in Tuscaloosa. Period.

99jc
10-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Positive statement

I love Vic Schaffer....the only real coach we have.

Negative statement
Howland better make NCAA this year or his ass needs to go also.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:23 PM
Birmingham office will not let us win in Tuscaloosa. Period.

They might consider it if Bama beats LSU. If they don't for some very odd reason (Bama should smoke them), they won't let Bama lose another, unless maybe if 2 conference champs have 2 losses too. Gotta be able to say Bama one of 4 best so they get in CFP.

In all honesty tho ... I believe they're in top 2 or 3 at worst. Clemson may can hang with them .. not sure. We'd have to click on ALL cylinders to have a chance ... and I don't think we can do that in TTown.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 10:37 PM
They might consider it if Bama beats LSU. If they don't for some very odd reason (Bama should smoke them), they won't let Bama lose another, unless maybe if 2 conference champs have 2 losses too. Gotta be able to say Bama one of 4 best so they get in CFP.

In all honesty tho ... I believe they're in top 2 or 3 at worst. Clemson may can hang with them .. not sure. We'd have to click on ALL cylinders to have a chance ... and I don't think we can do that in TTown.

Yeah. We would have to play a perfect game to beat them in Tuscaloosa. And Alabama would have to have a bad day. Like they did against Ole Miss in 2015.

yjnkdawg
10-28-2018, 10:47 PM
Me too Matt, remember Houston 72-0! I want to see us improve and maybe get in the playoffs one day, but I'm pretty happy with the progress we've made since I was a freshman 45 years ago.

When you said Houston, all I can remember was their All American WR, Elmo Wright, and that end zone dance (that we had never seen before), after every TD pass he caught. Sure was frustrating to watch.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 11:45 PM
La Tech played LSU tight and their other loss is to a one loss UAB team.

They are good

basedog
10-29-2018, 07:12 AM
La Tech played LSU tight and their other loss is to a one loss UAB team.

They are good

I watched LaTech against Laney boy's team, they have an awful defense, especially against the run.

There is a reason we are a 21 point favorite.

Really Clark?
10-29-2018, 07:35 AM
La Tech adjusted numbers are a good bit worse than numeric rank. They made a nice come back vs LSU, down 24-7 at half. Had an upset win over North TX (missed 2 FG’s to win the game in the 4th). Rest of their wins were vs losing teams and UTEP is winless and barely beat them. They will throw on you and scored 21 last year on us but that was early in the year.

Dawgology
10-29-2018, 08:18 AM
Agreed. This has been a HUGE letdown of a season but missing a bowl game would be an unmitigated disaster. We MUST keep the floor of this program at 6-6/7-5 with a bowl game every year. Missing a BCS bowl this year is a kick in the nuts...missing a bowl game would be the first nail in this programs coffin!

Dawgology
10-29-2018, 08:20 AM
La Tech adjusted numbers are a good bit worse than numeric rank. They made a nice come back vs LSU, down 24-7 at half. Had an upset win over North TX (missed 2 FG’s to win the game in the 4th). Rest of their wins were vs losing teams and UTEP is winless and barely beat them. They will throw on you and scored 21 last year on us but that was early in the year.

LA Tech won’t score 21 on us and we should be able to run it right down their throats which should open up this developing passing game. I’m looking at this one as a tuneup for Bama...keep those passes completed coming and get Fitz comfortable.