PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Williams

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 09:09 AM
Just gonna leave this here. I know he's not terribly explosive, but he's a complete back that does everything right. Amazing how much that matters

https://twitter.com/RadioWyatt/status/1056536619275247616

mparkerfd20
10-28-2018, 09:11 AM
Aeris is the difference in the offense working. Kylin is one hell of a RB, but doesn't block...at all.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 09:13 AM
Aeris is the difference in the offense working. Kylin is one hell of a RB, but doesn't block...at all.

I don't want to saying anything negative about Kylin because, honestly, I don't usually watch the RB block & don't honestly know how good or not good at it Kylin is.

What I do know though, is that every time Aeris plays a lot, we see videos like this

WinningIsRelentless
10-28-2018, 09:45 AM
That?s the reason he will get drafted.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 09:47 AM
That?s the reason he will get drafted.

He just may.

Can certainly carve out a similar career as a special teams guy that does everything right as a 3rd down type back.

Could easily have an Anthony Dixon type NFL career

DownwardDawg
10-28-2018, 09:53 AM
He just may.

Can certainly carve out a similar career as a special teams guy that does everything right as a 3rd down type back.

Could easily have an Anthony Dixon type NFL career

Exactly. I just hope Moorhead understands how much better he makes our offense. I’m eating crow about Kylin being so much better than AW and for Mullen not starting the best player.

codeDawg
10-28-2018, 09:56 AM
Remember wheb everybody was all pissed that Dan would play Williams over Hill for stupid reason like his pass blocking?

now go back and look at that first interception against LSU and tell me Fitz throws that if Hilll picks up his guy.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:00 AM
Remember wheb everybody was all pissed that Dan would play Williams over Hill for stupid reason like his pass blocking?

now go back and look at that first interception against LSU and tell me Fitz throws that if Hilll picks up his guy.

I wasn't pissed. I love Williams .. he's a baller. Hill is flashy but AW gets 5 to 7 every down and blocks like a mofo when called upon to do it.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Hill is more talented and is the future but Williams has the experience and leadership this offense needs.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:07 AM
There's no rule against playing both backs at the same time. We should be using Hill in more of a scatback type of package. Screens, reverses, wildcat etc. He's electric in open field.

Coursesuper
10-28-2018, 10:18 AM
There's no rule against playing both backs at the same time. We should be using Hill in more of a scatback type of package. Screens, reverses, wildcat etc. He's electric in open field.

Are you completely incapable of under standing this offense, We play 11 personnel in order to try to spread the defense out. If there are two backs in the backfield that adds another defender to the box count and takes away the ability of the offense to put stress of a particular defender. The entire offense is predicted on this premise.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Are you completely incapable of under standing this offense, We play 11 personnel in order to try to spread the defense out. If there are two backs in the backfield that adds another defender to the box count and takes away the ability of the offense to put stress of a particular defender. The entire offense is predicted on this premise.

Where'd I say line them up in the backfield at the same time? Let me know when you learn reading comprehension.

thf24
10-28-2018, 10:22 AM
After taking note in several other games yesterday, I think Kylin's deficiency in pass protection is a little overblown. It's definitely something he could improve in, but by that standard, so could many other starting college RB's. I think our standard is quite a bit higher than the norm due to the heavy emphasis on RB pass protection in our offense the previous nine years, and because we've watched Aeris do it at an elite level the past three.

That being said, I'd like to see Aeris start the rest of the year. I think his consistency and reliability are more valuable to this offense as it finally starts to click than Kylin's big play threat.

Coursesuper
10-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Where'd I say line them up in the backfield at the same time? Let me know when you learn reading comprehension.

You didn't say but you damn sure implied that by the types of plays you were talking about. But since your incapable of making mistakes or being wrong I feel sure you'll enlighten everyone here with professorial understanding of the spread offense and how it should be run on the P5 level.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2018, 10:34 AM
I told everybody Aries was getting screwed. You don’t sit a guy like him. Not like Moorhead did. It took him 8 games and an injury to show why. Moorhead’s handling of personnel is lazy.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:40 AM
I told everybody Aries was getting screwed. You don’t sit a guy like him. Not like Moorhead did. It took him 8 games and an injury to show why. Moorhead’s handling of personnel is lazy.

I felt same way. He and Fitz have been warriors for MSU. To get treated like they both have this year by fans and/or coaches has pissed me off some. Aeris always gets positive yardage and it's evident Fitz is more comfortable passing when he's in there too.

Fitz and Aeris balled out in Bammer game last year moreso than anyone ever did in the Mullen era.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:44 AM
You didn't say but you damn sure implied that by the types of plays you were talking about. But since your incapable of making mistakes or being wrong I feel sure you'll enlighten everyone here with professorial understanding of the spread offense and how it should be run on the P5 level.

You sound really butt hurt to the idea of getting Kylin Hill the ball in space.

tcdog70
10-28-2018, 10:49 AM

I've said put Hill in the slot, and run the Jameon Lewis plays . He can run from the slot position. Put Him in motion, screen passes, passes behind the LBs.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:50 AM

I don't have a problem with it, but don't want to get Fitz killed trying to do just that. I'd rather get some explosive plays downfield like last night. And that happens more when there is a clean pocket. I'd also take D. Thomas or Mixon in space equally or moreso than Kylin. Not saying Kylin ain't a threat, but he ain't the only player on this team that is.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:51 AM
I've said put Hill in the slot, and run the Jameon Lewis plays . He can run from the slot position. Put Him in motion, screen passes, passes behind the LBs.

Yea it's not that hard to understand. Idk what Coursesuper's problem is. Oh wait actually I do know.

Coursesuper
10-28-2018, 10:57 AM

Is that the best you've got? Butt hurt, ha! You have no idea what your talking about you get called on it and now you come at me with you're butt hurt. "Hey pot this is the kettle your black". You just don't realize you sound like an uniformed know it all when you try to talk about football.

WinningIsRelentless
10-28-2018, 10:58 AM

Offensive coaches get to tied up in this crap. It doesn?t matter how many they put in the box when you have a very good running qb because then the box numbers at best become = for the defense. You aren?t going to leave a wr wide open uncovered.

Second you could still run 11 grouping with Kylin in the slot or even a train lined up has the te.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Is that the best you've got? Butt hurt, ha! You have no idea what your talking about you get called on it and now you come at me with you're butt hurt. "Hey pot this is the kettle your black". You just don't realize you sound like an uniformed know it all when you try to talk about football.

What do you think scatback type of plays means genius?

Bothrops
10-28-2018, 11:55 AM
Aeris is a great veteran player.

Bully13
10-28-2018, 12:03 PM
All I know is AW made that defender his bitch and it will be a while before a&m dude will forget that. I love it when wr and rb block like that. Makes them football players.