PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Perspective

Dawgfan77
10-28-2018, 08:57 AM
I have been very critical of this staff and esp the offense. I love the dawgs. Always have and always will. I want to win just as much as anyone. That?s why I am so passionate on the board about this team. Last night we beat a good team and we did it in a way we haven?t all year and that was scoring TDs and completing passes

I?m still on the fence about joe and his staff but last night went a long way for the future of the program. He must continue to coach with that intestinal fortitude and intensity.

Fitz manned up and played his ass off. WR played the best game since 15. Mitchell is slowly becoming an SEC WR. Guidry needs to be targeted more. OL dominated pass protection and was decent with the run game

Defense was phenomenal!! When you hold a team to less 300 yds of offense. That?s total domination

Youth. I don?t know if you paid attention but we played a lot of young players/underclass men on D Autry, Adams, Thompson, Murphy, Landrews(hell of a game) and much more. We are also RS a ton on D as well including spencer. The Future looks damn good on D
On offense we return our tackles which will be huge but we have got to improve our skill positions. A grad transfer at QB not named Bryant may need to be called.

Next week is a big game because we don?t need to shit the bed. Tech has a way of playing out of their mind against us. Joe needs to continue to build off this win.

Hailstate

Tbonewannabe
10-28-2018, 10:31 AM
ATM was also #1 in the country in rush defense. That had a lot to do with us only being decent.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 11:23 AM
I was on the Joe bandwagon to start but going into season was wondering if our practices were tough enough, based on all the glowing "we are good" reports coming out.

Joe's postgame last night was good for a change. Admitted to getting too conservative in play calling and he told Fitz to quit analyzing so much and just play ball. That seems to have worked. That and it looks like he actually game planned some this week.

I think Joe may have come into this a little more laid back, practices were more "fun" and easy, etc. I read somewhere that he was after offense to pick the pace up another notch or two at practice last week. Not sure if he used the word "strain" or not LOL .. but it's a good sign nonetheless.

Maybe Joe and his staff just had to figure out this thing called SEC football.

I thought he called a pretty good game overall last night. And one thing I did like was the aggressiveness in downfield passing that we haven't seen in an MSU offense that I can remember. Don't think we need to try to do it every down, but we took shots here and there and actually made them for a change, while also moving the chains on a somewhat regular basis.

I'm warming back up to him and his offensive staff a little. As long as they keep working and getting better at it, which they have shown they are willing to do.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 11:36 AM
Remember this AM shredded Clemson(Who's defense is considered by many as best in the nation) for over 500 yards. We shut their butt down! Our defense is elite!

WSOPdawg
10-28-2018, 11:38 AM
Youth. I don?t know if you paid attention but we played a lot of young players/underclass men on D Autry, Adams, Thompson, Murphy, Landrews(hell of a game) and much more. We are also RS a ton on D as well including spencer. The Future looks damn good on D
On offense we return our tackles which will be huge but we have got to improve our skill positions. A grad transfer at QB not named Bryant may need to be called.

I also think it's BIG that Marquis Spencer is now going to redshirt. Hopefully Chauncey Rivers will decide its in his best interest to return. While next year's D won't be as good as the current unit, it should still be formidable.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 11:49 AM
I also think it's BIG that Marquis Spencer is now going to redshirt. Hopefully Chauncey Rivers will decide its in his best interest to return. While next year's D won't be as good as the current unit, it should still be formidable.

Yeah we obviously lose some very talented players and while we take a small step back we are talking about a drop from arguably the #1 defense in the country to a top 15-20 type defense.