PDA

View Full Version : So, Uh... What's Going On With KT?

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 08:11 AM
As happy as I am about last night, Moorhead is going to need to find a long term solution at QB to survive and last night KT looked exactly like what we've heard in practice.

So what's the deal with KT?

Why is he struggling so bad to pick up this offense? Every time I ever heard KT talk he's come across as an intelligent, high IQ kid. So it's a little surprising to me that he's struggling so much with this offense.

Is it just a lack of reps or is there anything else going on?

Moorhead needs a long term solution at QB and right now I have no clue who that is.

bulldawg28
10-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Are you serious? 1 passing play determines he's lost?

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 08:21 AM
Are you serious? 1 passing play determines he's lost?

No. Us hearing from everyone in the know that he's lost + those three plays = I believe the people in the know are right and he's really lost.

His drive was more confirmation of what we've been hearing.

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 08:31 AM
Well I disagreed with the announcers. I thought the first play should have been a PA pass of some kind or a rollout on an easy sideline or comeback route.

I thought the second play was supremely predictable for a backup QB in 2nd and long from his own territory. Would have tried a swing pass or a WR screen of some kind. Then I would have come back with the run while we've tried to spread guys out.

I just thought the play calling didn't lend itself to us putting Key in a great spot. But I still 100% agreed with putting him in. Up 7 at home to start the 2nd quarter at home is about as favorable as a condition as you could have expected in that game.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 08:43 AM
No. Us hearing from everyone in the know that he's lost + those three plays = I believe the people in the know are right and he's really lost.

His drive was more confirmation of what we've been hearing.

Fitz is a 5th year senior that finally had a good game in this offense vs an sec team. Probably a little early to write off key entirely.

msudawglb
10-28-2018, 08:50 AM
As happy as I am about last night, Moorhead is going to need to find a long term solution at QB to survive and last night KT looked exactly like what we've heard in practice.

Why is he struggling so bad to pick up this offense? Every time I ever heard KT talk he's come across as an intelligent, high IQ kid. So it's a little surprising to me that he's struggling so much with this offense.

Moorhead needs a long term solution at QB and right now I have no clue who that is.

Ok, I get it now. We complain about the starting QB...he has a good game...we complain about the backup QB.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Ok, I get it now. We complain about the starting QB...he has a good game...we complain about the backup QB.

Come on mane... I think it's a fair topic. I think our qb coach may need upgrading bc he doesn't seem to be teaching the offense too well

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Fitz is a 5th year senior that finally had a good game in this offense vs an sec team. Probably a little early to write off key entirely.

Not writing him off at all. I just don't understand why he's struggling so much with the mental side of this offense

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 08:55 AM

So you're against discussing the future of our program?

Regardless of how Fitz looks, he is a stop gap. Moorhead's tenure will be defined by QBs not named Fitz

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 08:56 AM
Come on mane... I think it's a fair topic. I think our qb coach may need upgrading bc he doesn't seem to be teaching the offense too well

Dude seriously? I know you don't like the staff or Moorhead but we are 8 games in and because our backup QB looked not good on one drive and "rumor" out of camp is that he isn't picking up the offense means we fire the QB coach?

Do you have any info on how much work Key is putting in outside of practice? Extra film study? Staying late after practice to work with the coaches?

Can we dispense with the fire someone on staff or bench this player for one week?

msstate7
10-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Dude seriously? I know you don't like the staff or Moorhead but we are 8 games in and because our backup QB looked not good on one drive and "rumor" out of camp is that he isn't picking up the offense means we fire the QB coach?

Do you have any info on how much work Key is putting in outside of practice? Extra film study? Staying late after practice to work with the coaches?

Can we dispense with the fire someone on staff or bench this player for one week?

I suppose you have evidence that our QBs aren't putting in extra work.

confucius say
10-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Nobody bangs on their own players more than our fanbase.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 09:04 AM

This is what I'm looking for. More inside info rather than a discussion.

Just seems like KT should be picking up this offense easier.

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 09:04 AM
I suppose you have evidence that our QBs aren't putting in extra work.

I don't. That's why I'm not speaking on firing the QB coach. The answer right now is we hold pat and see. We aren't at the point of firing anyone yet. And we sure as hell better not be talking about it based on practice rumor and one drive 7 weeks after he's last played in a real game.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 09:05 AM

Well, we've gone from many thinking KT could be absolutely legit to our coaches following Kelly Bryant on twitter.

Something seems off with KT. Not knocking on him. I am one of his biggest fans, which makes it difficult for me to justify why he's struggling.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2018, 09:10 AM

Not a fair topic at all and reeks of bullshit personally. Dude played like 3 plays backed up in his own side of the field. Might as well ask what the hell is up with Hill. Dude just sat there on the bench while our team battled it out.

Dawgology
10-28-2018, 09:12 AM
He looked good against SFA. He’s had a total of 6 plays since then. He will be fine

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 09:15 AM
This is what I'm looking for. More inside info rather than a discussion.

Just seems like KT should be picking up this offense easier.

My question is why. Why does it seem like he should be picking it up faster? We have zero evidence from the past decade to tell us anything regarding this in our program. If this offense truly is difficult to pick up, I'm shocked people aren't understanding why.

In college football you win one of two ways. You either have more talent or you are smarter than your opponent. We have to take the smarter approach. I teach these types of kids every day. I can't get them to memorize elements on the periodic table. So it never shocks me when these kids struggle to pick up a brand new offense and execute it to perfection.

Hambone
10-28-2018, 09:17 AM
KT did NOT look good against SFA..... I don’t know where this keeps coming from.... he had a sub .500 completion percentage

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 09:17 AM
My question is why. Why does it seem like he should be picking it up faster? We have zero evidence from the past decade to tell us anything regarding this in our program. If this offense truly is difficult to pick up, I'm shocked people aren't understanding why.

In college football you win one of two ways. You either have more talent or you are smarter than your opponent. We have to take the smarter approach. I teach these types of kids every day. I can't get them to memorize elements on the periodic table. So it never shocks me when these kids struggle to pick up a brand new offense and execute it to perfection.

Difference is most of them could give two shits about the periodic table, but they love football.

I'm just surprised we are hearing how much KT is struggling in practice. I think he's better than that

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:25 AM

So, questioning a coach is off limits with you, but players being stupid is fair game.

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 09:30 AM
So, questioning a coach is off limits with you, but players being stupid is fair game.

Question a coach? You said it might be time to upgrade that spot. That's not questioning a coach. That's calling for removal of a coach. On a team on pace to go 8-4 after we changed literally everything I think that's probably a bit premature right now, especially since all we have to go on is practice rumor and one drive 7 weeks after his last real playing time.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:32 AM
Question a coach? You said it might be time to upgrade that spot. That's not questioning a coach. That's calling for removal of a coach. On a team on pace to go 8-4 after we changed literally everything I think that's probably a bit premature right now, especially since all we have to go on is practice rumor and one drive 7 weeks after his last real playing time.

Well when it comes to criticizing, I almost always go after the adults being paid. You have no idea how intelligent key is or is not

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Sorry but you can't tell shit about Key from 3 plays aTm blitzed the house on. That's like giving a review after watching 5 seconds of a movie. Try another topic Shotgun this one is total shit.

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Well when it comes to criticizing, I almost always go after the adults being paid. You have no idea how intelligent key is or is not

Yeah, but you seriously are gonna judge Breiner on one drive by Key after his last meaningful snaps were 7 weeks ago and we just won a game 28-13 against a Top 20 team?

I just don't get the angle man. Today isn't the day to discuss that. If anything you should look at Fitz's progress and say Breiner deserves a bunch of credit for the adjustments made to allow Fitz to grow so much this past week.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Sorry but you can't tell shit about Key from 3 plays aTm blitzed the house on. That's like giving a review after watching 5 seconds of a movie. Try another topic Shotgun this one is total shit.

He looked bad enough to Moorhead to snatch him immediately.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but you seriously are gonna judge Breiner on one drive by Key after his last meaningful snaps were 7 weeks ago and we just won a game 28-13 against a Top 20 team?

I just don't get the angle man. Today isn't the day to discuss that. If anything you should look at Fitz's progress and say Breiner deserves a bunch of credit for the adjustments made to allow Fitz to grow so much this past week.

I'm basing it on fitz's year also. Fitz certainly looked much better last night, but this season has been a huge disappointment for fitz so far. Fitz has regressed in every passing category so far

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 09:42 AM

No the offense looked bad enough after 3 plays. Aggies blitzed everyone at Key on all 3 plays and our OL didn't block anyone. Talk about not being fair in judgement that's you and Shotgun right now.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:44 AM
No the offense looked bad enough after 3 plays. Aggies blitzed everyone at Key on all 3 plays and our OL didn't block anyone. Talk about not being fair in judgement that's you and Shotgun right now.

Yeah, key gets no blame... all on the oline.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2018, 09:47 AM
He looked good against SFA. He?s had a total of 6 plays since then. He will be fine

This. Last night showed me nothing at all. The plays were very predictable and that aTm defense was damn good. Hopefully he?ll get a few series in the rest of the games.

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 09:48 AM

Ok tell us what Key should have done on those 3 plays that would make you not want to fire Breiner this morning.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:50 AM
This. Last night showed me nothing at all. The plays were very predictable and that aTm defense was damn good. Hopefully he?ll get a few series in the rest of the games.

He should get drives vs la tech, ark, bama, and om. All will most likely be laughers...

tcdog70
10-28-2018, 09:52 AM

He had to, his helmet came off. He was only going to get 1 series.

tcdog70
10-28-2018, 09:53 AM

So rushing for almost 200 yards and beating Auburn doesn't qualify for a good game? Damn dude you are harsh or stupid. Which is it.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:54 AM
Ok tell us what Key should have done on those 3 plays that would make you not want to fire Breiner this morning.

Again, it's not just key... fitz has regressed big time this year. I didn't say fire Breiner... I said he MAY need upgrading. Maybe Breiner needs to just dumb it down for our stupid players, right?

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:55 AM
He had to, his helmet came off. He was only going to get 1 series.

Penalty on the play... didn't have to come out

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:56 AM
So rushing for almost 200 yards and beating Auburn doesn't qualify for a good game? Damn dude you are harsh or stupid. Which is it.

That was a good game... very good. I was thinking passing, but that was a good game

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 09:57 AM

No shit!! SMFH

They expect them to make a perfect play every freakin down.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:02 AM

What's he supposed to do when 8 dudes start the play in his pants? Don't avoid the question.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 10:08 AM
What's he supposed to do when 8 dudes start the play in his pants? Don't avoid the question.

Not sure, but Moorhead obviously felt he did something wrong bc he snatched him. Here's the plays...

Key for 1 yard run
Aeris -4 yards
Key sacked, but face mask.

Perhaps those first 2 runs were the wrong read. Perhaps key missed someone open on 3rd down. Perhaps key was banged up on 3rd down. I really have no way of knowing. Just know joe snatched him immediately

MetEdDawg
10-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Again, it's not just key... fitz has regressed big time this year. I didn't say fire Breiner... I said he MAY need upgrading. Maybe Breiner needs to just dumb it down for our stupid players, right?

This is the whole point. We can't just dumb down an offense. The terminology is the terminology. If Spider Y Banana 2 Split Z Read is the call, what the hell do you want them to do to dumb it down? Pick a fruit more recognizable than a banana?

If you have to learn and memorize more to execute an offense then it's gonna take longer than you think to get it down. Three losses will be against Bama, @LSU who is a top 10 team, and against Mullen, who knew us better than we knew ourselves and has a damn talented team too. Then we played at Kentucky who could win 10 or even 11 games this year.

9-4 would not be bad for this team considering the difficulty of our schedule and the fact we literally had to change everything.

Dawg61
10-28-2018, 10:14 AM
Not sure, but Moorhead obviously felt he did something wrong bc he snatched him. Here's the plays...

Key for 1 yard run
Aeris -4 yards
Key sacked, but face mask.

Perhaps those first 2 runs were the wrong read. Perhaps key missed someone open on 3rd down. Perhaps key was banged up on 3rd down. I really have no way of knowing. Just know joe snatched him immediately

Bruh you're reaching. Turn on the NFL Network the Eagles & Jaguars are playing in London right now. Moorhead put Fitz back in the game because he was hot. Period. Did you hear all the announcers questioning why he took out an obviously hot Fitz? Again pick a better topic. This one is shit.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Last week Jo said KT isn?t that far behind Fitz. The whole team has struggled to get this offense. That?s why it?s not the players.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:43 AM
Last week Jo said KT isn?t that far behind Fitz. The whole team has struggled to get this offense. That?s why it?s not the players.

Naw man ... he sucks. He played his first 3 plays against upper tier SEC competition and he just ain't getting it. We need to go get a grad transfer who can't read D's or throw accurately like Bryant. Or we need to start our true FR next year. Or some such shit ********

chef dixon
10-28-2018, 11:34 AM
Well we gave Fitz 5 games of shit play but Key 3 plays of full out blitz. Didn?t even see him attempt a pass. Makes sense.

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Was talking to an instructor at MSU this morning who has a couple players in his classes. Not naming names obviously, but they're not buried on the practice squad roster. He asked said player about the offense and he said flat out the issue is not with Fitz. Said the receivers have a hard time getting open and some of the play calling is questionable. Also said the entire team knows Key is not ready for prime time. Sounds like the team is still behind Fitz as he's currently our best option.

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 12:16 PM

You do realize they blitzed every play he was in there because they knew it was a new QB and he wouldn?t have time to make his progressions or if he handed the ball off they would crush the RB in the backfield. Not a fair series to judge him.

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 12:21 PM

That one series he played in was out of sync from the very beginning. All 3 plays looked liked they forgot what to do and the line didn't block either. It wasn't just KT's fault.....lots of pieces did not work together on that series. I know he's better than that.

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 12:26 PM
That one series he played in was out of sync from the very beginning. All 3 plays looked liked they forgot what to do and the line didn't block either. It wasn't just KT's fault.....lots of pieces did not work together on that series. I know he's better than that.

They brought the house on every play. That’s why it looked discombobulated. Hard to block when you bring 6-7 on all three downs. Smart playcalling by the DC to greet a new QB. Dumb ripping the helmet off on their DL.

hailstate17
10-28-2018, 12:26 PM
I was watching KT in pregame warmups last night, and I’m not sure if he completed 50 percent of his passes against air. I saw him bounce a 5 yard pass to the running back, and i saw him throw to areas where no one was standing. Obviously, he has talent, but he wasn’t throwing it confidently in warmups last night. I think our QBs are overthinking things this year. Fitz finally just played free and confident last night. Hope that’s a sign of things to come.

AROB44
10-28-2018, 01:39 PM
Mayden shouldn't be forgotten either. Was 17th ranked dual threat QB coming out of high school.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Mayden shouldn't be forgotten either. Was 17th ranked dual threat QB coming out of high school.

I kinda think mayden may be the guy next season. Playing in Texas, I bet he's much more comfortable in a pass offense. Granted, I haven't watched any practice, so I could be way off

RougeDawg
10-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Was talking to an instructor at MSU this morning who has a couple players in his classes. Not naming names obviously, but they're not buried on the practice squad roster. He asked said player about the offense and he said flat out the issue is not with Fitz. Said the receivers have a hard time getting open and some of the play calling is questionable. Also said the entire team knows Key is not ready for prime time. Sounds like the team is still behind Fitz as he's currently our best option.

Could be something to this. Could have also been some key players on offense wanting KT to get a shot. After the series with KT the restore offense picked up their hame, as if they said ?ok Fitz is our guy, let me get this attitude and wanting KT to play our of here?. We saw the same type of effort change surrounding the entire DWilliams fiasco. Half the team wanted one QB the other another. They played like shit because of the infighting. If anyone can remember the Jackie teams had similar issues between Wyatt/Madkin and Madkin/Fant. Had players pouting all over the place because they wanted the ?other? QB.