PDA

View Full Version : I can't put my finger on Moorehead or this offense.....

BogeyGolfer
10-28-2018, 07:34 AM
Just when you think the offense is dead and buried. We play one of the best defenses in the SEC and run through them and pass over the top of them. We score more points than we have on any other SEC defense this year and above our average per game. I want to believe that we will see more the same the rest of the year but I just don't know...I think what we have is Fitz learning new coaching styles, scheme, getting over an injury and processing this without spring practice. On the flip side, we have a coach that is learning new players, skill of play in the SEC and players from the South who respond differently. Both Moorehead and Fitz have been inconsistent and who knows what we will see the next few weeks, good or bad. This win was huge, the teams we have left Ark, Ole Miss and La Tech have terrible defenses and our defense should put us in position to win all three of those games. Bama is Bama but it will be intriguing to watch our defense play against that offense. College Football is a week to week....Enjoy.....

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2018, 07:39 AM
All that is true. I didn?t see much different tonight as far as formations and plays. Tonight Fitz and the WRs made plays. Good passes, great catches and the OL and RB Protected enough to give Fitz time to throw. Seems to me we executed better.

basedog
10-28-2018, 08:40 AM
I feel better about Joe, he made adjustments especially second half and he is starting to understand playing in the Sec.

Yes he makes head scratching play calls but so does everyone, what stands out to me was the team came out fired up and played with intensity.

West Tn Dawg
10-28-2018, 08:40 AM
All that is true. I didn?t see much different tonight as far as formations and plays. Tonight Fitz and the WRs made plays. Good passes, great catches and the OL and RB Protected enough to give Fitz time to throw. Seems to me we executed better.

AGREE!

West Tn Dawg
10-28-2018, 08:41 AM
I think a BIG thing we did tonight, that nobody is talking about is Nick was snapping the ball with around 10 sec. on the clock most of the night. In the past, he has been right down to the wire before snapping. The defenses KNOW when the clock is down when the snap is coming. This gives them a split second jump on the offense. When they get a running start, it is hard for any lineman to stop them.

basedog
10-28-2018, 08:43 AM
AGREE!

I think Joe simplified the offense tonight. Not near the confusion as I've seen in other games.

What a defense we have!

Find a punter please!