PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back - Question, 3rd and 4th down and inches to for Us.

Goldendawg
10-28-2018, 12:58 AM
Not me, but lots of boos on play calling on inches to go. My question to you coaching types?? With our line and a 6'5", 235 lb QB, why do you not put him under center for a QB sneak? Going empty in a shotgun or punting with our "punter" was a horrible call. Lots of people around us really questioning this.

AROB44
10-28-2018, 07:13 AM
Not me, but lots of boos on play calling on inches to go. My question to you coaching types?? With our line and a 6'5", 235 lb QB, why do you not put him under center for a QB sneak? Going empty in a shotgun or punting with our "punter" was a horrible call. Lots of people around us really questioning this.

Didn't matter....we won!!

Cowbell
10-28-2018, 08:06 AM
Didn't matter....we won!!

Yes it most certainly does. Calls like this are why we have 3 In the loss column. I am glad we won but I don?t feel confident these play calls are going to get us anywhere long term.

99jc
10-28-2018, 08:28 AM
Yes it most certainly does. Calls like this are why we have 3 In the loss column. I am glad we won but I don?t feel confident these play calls are going to get us anywhere long term.

absolutely. one win and people forget what a shitshow we have been watching. That play showed me hardhead is still a dumbass. this elite defenses is saving his butt. we damn well better not lose to ole miss.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2018, 09:21 AM
4th and inches call, maybe not the best considering the punt coverage was poor. The only issue I had was the 4th and 3 call at the end of the half. We deserved that late TD we gave up due to be stupid with a poorly thrown ball out of bounds. WR screen or RB screen gets 3 at a higher clip than a 45 yard bomb out of bounds.

Really Clark?
10-28-2018, 09:27 AM
4th and inches call, maybe not the best considering the punt coverage was poor. The only issue I had was the 4th and 3 call at the end of the half. We deserved that late TD we gave up due to be stupid with a poorly thrown ball out of bounds. WR screen or RB screen gets 3 at a higher clip than a 45 yard bomb out of bounds.

Wasn’t the 4th and inches punt the one we downed at the 1?

msstate7
10-28-2018, 09:28 AM
Wasn’t the 4th and inches punt the one we downed at the 1?

Outstanding punt and coverage. Still think we should've gone. Worked out in the end though

basedog
10-28-2018, 09:28 AM
It's real easy to second guess, I did as well on the 3rd and inches, but for every bad call there are good calls such as 3rd and long. Fitz hits Guidry racing across the middle wide open and runs 84 yards. There were WAY more good calls than bad last night!

I thought Joe simplified the playbook and shows to me he is willing to make changes. He is getting adjusted to Sec style football it seems. Hopefully we keep moving forward, no doubt he seems like a really good guy who cares plus I think we all are pulling for him!

HoopsDawg
10-28-2018, 09:57 AM
Punting on 4th and inches was Joes worst decision of the night. He's 2nd worst decision was the 3rd down call.

tcdog70
10-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Any way you slice it, not putting Fitz under center and getting an inch was beyond stupid. Just like kicking the FG on the LSU 1 yard line was stupid. With our defense we should always go for 4th and 1.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 09:58 AM
If you shank the punt then it's like shit but if you punt it and stick them back on the 2 it good.

99jc
10-28-2018, 09:59 AM
Any way you slice it, not putting Fitz under center and getting an inch was beyond stupid. Just like kicking the FG on the LSU 1 yard line was stupid. With our defense we should always go for 4th and 1.

This guy gets it!

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Hell I loved the call when we threw to Guidry on 4th down down sideline. If TAM DB don't interfere with him I think he catches it. I actually was ok with both calls really.

After listening to Moorhead postgame, I'm warming up a little to him now. And seeing us make the shorter, move the chains throws then mixing in shots down field some that WRs actually made plays on was something we haven't seen much of the last 9 years.

We'll see but I'm almost to where I have a whole foot back on the bandwagon.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2018, 11:09 AM
If you shank the punt then it's like shit but if you punt it and stick them back on the 2 it good.

No it's not. That's being results oriented. It's about making the correct decision.