PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts about the game.

gravedigger
10-28-2018, 12:27 AM
1. Our defense was in Mond's and his receivers head early. It affected their ability to sustain drives.
2. Shoop admittedly made a mistake on the scoring drive for the Aggies just before half. We should not have been blitzing like we were. He corrected it and good on him for owning that.
3. Fitz kept his own emotions in check until it was time not to and that made all the difference.
4. We were lucky at times and you have to have that.
5. The refs didnt have the worst game I've ever seen, but they certainly missed wide open blocks in the back and holds that led to the Aggies TD.
6. I enjoyed the game, but what we saw tonight was not Moorhead's offense clicking. It was simply the guts of the OL, WR's, RB's and obviously Fitz.
7. Better days are on the horizon. I think Keyton will either get his nose in the playbook and learn how to run the offense or he will get passed up. That said his series wasnt totally on him.
8. McLaurin is a leader and quietly made some plays in the run game that made a big difference.
9. Errol Thompson is a man. A dangerous man.
10. Leo Lewis has a world of talent but does not play smart football.
11. Sweat was on the sidelines ENTIRELY too much. I know it had alot to do with down and distance, but my word.
12. The screen at the end that the Aggies got down to the 15 on was almost stopped by Simmons on one of the best reads I ever saw a DL make. He doubled back instead of going onto the qb and nearly made the play. That sumbich will be an all world DL in the NFL.
13. This game was the dawning of the age of Laquarious.
14. Joey Jones needs to get to work on developing a punter. Great job getting one downed at the 1, but the rest were terrible.
15. That fire you were looking for in Joe Moorhead came out. He chewed about 4 players out for walking to the dressing room at the end of the 1st half. Those are the little things that matter.
16. How nice is it not to worry about extra points getting made?
17. Bama will struggle to score 30 on us. They may get it, may not.
18. Aries ran very well. Gibson did too.
19. Osiris, damn fella. You are a couple of drops from being what we need.
20. Guidry.....You too.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 12:32 AM
Agreed. Always like your take on things. I might also add Cam Dantzler has been shutdown at corner. Can't remember the last time he gave up a reception.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:37 AM
One thing that has been said in another post somewhere. Somewhat surprised the team played so hard tonight for Joe. That is a very positive thing IMO. They haven't given up at all.

Also very surprised Nick was able to shrug off all the criticism. I honestly thought he wouldn't have another good game at MSU.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2018, 12:58 AM
One thing that has been said in another post somewhere. Somewhat surprised the team played so hard tonight for Joe. That is a very positive thing IMO. They haven't given up at all.

Also very surprised Nick was able to shrug off all the criticism. I honestly thought he wouldn't have another good game at MSU.

The internet fringe fans are not the reality. This team had a lot to play for going into tonight. Now they could vary well have a 8 win season. That’s damn good season at 10 out of 14 sec schools.

TimberBeast
10-28-2018, 01:04 AM
The internet fringe fans are not the reality. This team had a lot to play for going into tonight. Now they could vary well have a 8 win season. That’s damn good season at 10 out of 14 sec schools.

Very true, the tards on this board make up a very few of our fan base. There is a very low level of football IQ on this board.

DancingRabbit
10-28-2018, 01:14 AM
Good win. Happy for Nick, happy for Joe. Battle-bruised but fighting on.

Defense great again, but something hit me tonight - by the eye test our secondary is playing better than I've seen in a long time. Less break-downs, tight coverage, less bad penalties - that PI was BS, btw.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 01:27 AM
Very true, the tards on this board make up a very few of our fan base. There is a very low level of football IQ on this board.

Yep

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 01:28 AM
1. Our defense was in Mond's and his receivers head early. It affected their ability to sustain drives.
2. Shoop admittedly made a mistake on the scoring drive for the Aggies just before half. We should not have been blitzing like we were. He corrected it and good on him for owning that.
3. Fitz kept his own emotions in check until it was time not to and that made all the difference.
4. We were lucky at times and you have to have that.
5. The refs didnt have the worst game I've ever seen, but they certainly missed wide open blocks in the back and holds that led to the Aggies TD.
6. I enjoyed the game, but what we saw tonight was not Moorhead's offense clicking. It was simply the guts of the OL, WR's, RB's and obviously Fitz.
7. Better days are on the horizon. I think Keyton will either get his nose in the playbook and learn how to run the offense or he will get passed up. That said his series wasnt totally on him.
8. McLaurin is a leader and quietly made some plays in the run game that made a big difference.
9. Errol Thompson is a man. A dangerous man.
10. Leo Lewis has a world of talent but does not play smart football.
11. Sweat was on the sidelines ENTIRELY too much. I know it had alot to do with down and distance, but my word.
12. The screen at the end that the Aggies got down to the 15 on was almost stopped by Simmons on one of the best reads I ever saw a DL make. He doubled back instead of going onto the qb and nearly made the play. That sumbich will be an all world DL in the NFL.
13. This game was the dawning of the age of Laquarious.
14. Joey Jones needs to get to work on developing a punter. Great job getting one downed at the 1, but the rest were terrible.
15. That fire you were looking for in Joe Moorhead came out. He chewed about 4 players out for walking to the dressing room at the end of the 1st half. Those are the little things that matter.
16. How nice is it not to worry about extra points getting made?
17. Bama will struggle to score 30 on us. They may get it, may not.
18. Aries ran very well. Gibson did too.
19. Osiris, damn fella. You are a couple of drops from being what we need.
20. Guidry.....You too.
Moorhead's offense came close to clicking tonight. That was a glimpse of how it's supposed to work.

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 01:30 AM
Certainly this game bumps us up a serious notch in the bowl pecking order. If we can get to 8-4, I think a Florida Bowl may be in store. My dream though would be to play in a bowl at JerryWorld…..maybe one day! I really don't want to go back to Jacksonville, but I guess we could if we go against a notable opponent. I would like the Citrus or Outback, but not sure where we fit with regards to other SEC teams. If we cant go to a Florida or equivalent bowl, I would just as soon head to the Liberty vs a good Big 12 team like WVa, Texas, TTech, or TCU, etc...this would allow most of our fans to attend due to the short proximity. Now, let's close out LaTech, Arkie, and The Landsharks and throw caution to the wind at Tuscaloosa.

phatdog
10-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Anyone else notice the holding?