PDA

View Full Version : So how much does Bama score on our defense?

Matt3467
10-27-2018, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna say 31

DownwardDawg
10-27-2018, 11:01 PM

msstate7
10-27-2018, 11:02 PM
According to how many 1st downs we get on offense. If we don't shorten the game, they may score 40.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 11:02 PM
I think it depends on how well our O moves the ball on them. We may give up less than 40. Those WRs and Tua are lethal tho.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:03 PM
If our offense can give them a breather on occasion we can keep em in the 20s. Say 24.

If we have a ton of 3 and outs will be in 40s

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 11:04 PM
If our offense can give them a breather on occasion we can keep em in the 20s. Say 24.

Whoa!! Seriously? I ain't seeing that ... not in TTown.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2018, 11:05 PM
Their 1st team offense hasn't played 4 quarters yet.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:05 PM
Whoa!! Seriously? I ain't seeing that ... not in TTown.

I'm basing that on our offense being competent. Our defense is elite.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 11:08 PM
I'm basing that on our offense being competent. Our defense is elite.

Mmmm ... if our offense can move chains and keep Tua and WRs off the field then, maybe so. Tua don't miss throws tho like Mond did tonight and those WRs like a covey of quail .. the explode on you and are open in about 1 sec or less.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:11 PM
Mmmm ... if our offense can move chains and keep Tua and WRs off the field then, maybe so. Tua don't miss throws tho like Mond did tonight and those WRs like a covey of quail .. the explode on you and are open in about 1 sec or less.

Remember mond shredded Clemson defense. Part of the reason he was off target some was getting pressure and forcing him to throw a split second early. We have to limit possessions to keep our defense fresh, we'll see if our offense can. Also as hoops said bama hasn't had to play a whole game yet.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2018, 11:12 PM
We've given up 9 TDs in 8 games. Fewest in the nation. Incredible.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Remember mond shredded Clemson defense. Part of the reason he was off target some was getting pressure and forcing him to throw a split second early. We have to limit possessions to keep our defense fresh, we'll see if our offense can. Also as hoops said bama hasn't had to play a whole game yet.

Those are good points. Saban will fly in Lone Survivor dude or some other guy to get them up for the game.

I'll tell you this ... if Moorhead has good offensive game plan and we upset Bama or even play like last year ... I'll probably put 1 foot back on his bandwagon **

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:14 PM

Exactly. This defense is special. Maybe the best in college football. I'm not sure who would be better.

msstate7
10-27-2018, 11:15 PM

2 vs Kentucky were garbage too

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:15 PM
Those are good points. Saban will fly in Lone Survivor dude or some other guy to get them up for the game.

I'll tell you this ... if Moorhead has good offensive game plan and we upset Bama or even play like last year ... I'll probably put 1 foot back on his bandwagon **

Lol I hear ya!

msstate7
10-27-2018, 11:16 PM
Exactly. This defense is special. Maybe the best in college football. I'm not sure who would be better.

Clemson

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:16 PM
2 vs Kentucky were garbage too

And the one to LSU was on nick not the d.

msstate7
10-27-2018, 11:17 PM

Yep.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Clemson

Mond shredded Clemson. 433 yards passing.

But yeah Clemson is good

msstate7
10-27-2018, 11:19 PM
Mond shredded Clemson. 433 yards passing.

But yeah Clemson is good

They're pretty good. They're giving up less per game. They have just as much talent.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:20 PM
They're pretty good. They're giving up less per game. They have just as much talent.

Yeah they are. We kinda splitting hairs both are elite.

WSOPdawg
10-27-2018, 11:22 PM
According to how many 1st downs we get on offense. If we don't shorten the game, they may score 40.

This is the correct answer. Last year's game plan where Mullen milked each play down (inside of 10 seconds before the snap) really shortened the game and kept Bama from running away from us b/c. Of course, Coach Jo already takes many of our plays down inside of 5 seconds so again it'll come down to avoiding 3-and-outs.

But I also don't expect to see Tua missing the deep throws that have been over-shot in the last 3 games. We got lucky tonight with Mond overthrowing the WR that burned our safeties. Same occurred against Auburn.

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2018, 11:39 PM
17 Bama. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this game. I'll worry about them in a couple weeks.

SaintDawg
10-28-2018, 12:03 AM
We gave up 1 TD @ LSU. 1. We've given up 9 total TDs up to this point in the season. 4 of which came vs KY. I believe our D is a different animal now and still evolving and it appears our O is too. It is difficult to put a number on points Bama scores. They'lI win most likely, but I say that they kick more FGs than they score TDs. That will really speak on the power of our D in holding them to FGs. But, just my 2 cents.

TimberBeast
10-28-2018, 12:22 AM
Clemson

No way, not even close

TimberBeast
10-28-2018, 12:26 AM
This is the correct answer. Last year's game plan where Mullen milked each play down (inside of 10 seconds before the snap) really shortened the game and kept Bama from running away from us b/c. Of course, Coach Jo already takes many of our plays down inside of 5 seconds so again it'll come down to avoiding 3-and-outs.

But I also don't expect to see Tua missing the deep throws that have been over-shot in the last 3 games. We got lucky tonight with Mond overthrowing the WR that burned our safeties. Same occurred against Auburn.

I can’t believe someone said mullen milked the clock, ever. He never has. Probably my favorite part of Moorhead’s offense is running clock. Mullen never did that, not in one single game.

TUSK
10-28-2018, 12:44 AM
Most of these "Keys to the Game" are either obvious and/or have already been mentioned... But this is my take:

1) Don't let Bammer jump out with a big lead early like they have been... Keep it within a couple of scores so yall can stay within yalls offense... Avoid a "shoot out"/passing game and make it an "ugly" game... Keep Bammer in a phone booth, punch em, and win TOP
to wear out Bammer's D...
2) Stay ahead of the chains so yall can convert 3rd downs at >=60%... while holding Bammer to <50%...
3) Go > +1 in turnovers...
4) Shorten the game... That was something I thought Mullen did well for yall a couple times vs Bammer...
5) Explosive plays... get a bunch and limit Bammer's...

And congrats on the win... well done!

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:45 AM
Most of these "Keys to the Game" are either obvious and/or have already been mentioned... But this is my take:

1) Don't let Bammer jump out with a big lead early like they have been... Keep it within a couple of scores so yall can stay within yalls offense... Avoid a "shoot out"/passing game and make it an "ugly" game... Keep Bammer in a phone booth, punch em, and win TOP
2) Stay ahead of the chains so yall can convert 3rd downs at >=60%... while holding Bammer to <50%...
4) Shorten the game... That was something I thought Mullen did well for yall a couple times vs Bammer...

Thanks for the help dude. Moorhead been reading ED some I think ... maybe he'll be smart and listen to ya.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 12:51 AM

Yep that plan should work. Thanks, lol!

TUSK
10-28-2018, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I prolly shoulda read that one a couple of times before my half drunk ass clicked the "Post Quick Reply" button....

https://cdn.cpbgroup.com/styles/inline-content-50-50/s3/captain_small.jpg?itok=Apg3gEGP

msstate7
10-28-2018, 06:48 AM
No way, not even close

Not even close? Going by stats, they're better than us at scoring def, pass def, rush def, total def, sacks, TFL, and 3rd down conversion %

tcdog70
10-28-2018, 10:13 AM
Shit. Have some faith. Our defense is elite. They way Bama scores a bunch will be if our special team isn't special or our offense gives them a short field. Our punters might be the worst in D1. Can the kid that kicks off not punt? He has a cannon for a leg.

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 12:24 PM
I'm gonna say 31

30-40 pts.

DanDority
10-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Clemson
A&M hung 26 on Clemson?

parabrave
10-28-2018, 02:19 PM

Add #6 tackle waddle everytime he leaves the LOS. this might slow him down an 7# treat Tua like Peyton Manning. Hit him and get his uniform dirty every play.

msstate7
10-28-2018, 02:28 PM
A&M hung 26 on Clemson?

Kentucky hung 28 on us. Mizzou held Kentucky to 15. Mizzou defense > our defense? Is this how it works?

RocketDawg
10-28-2018, 03:01 PM

And at least one of those ... the 2 yard "drive" by LSU last weekend ... wasn't really on the defense. It was a gift by our offense.

PMDawg
10-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Sorry, but they will name their score. Our offense will still be under 100 yards at halftime. Our defense will get screwed by our inept offense.

WSOPdawg
10-28-2018, 03:39 PM
I can’t believe someone said mullen milked the clock, ever. He never has. Probably my favorite part of Moorhead’s offense is running clock. Mullen never did that, not in one single game.

Timber, we had the ball for 38:56 last year while Bama only had 21 minutes and 4 seconds in last year's 31-24 loss.

Again, Mullen's game plan last year milked the 17'n clock down to the point that we had the ball for almost 39 of the 60 minutes, which kept Bama from scoring b/c they were on the sideline. Great game plan only to lose the game in the last few minutes of the 4th Qtr.

That's milking the clock!

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Sorry, but they will name their score. Our offense will still be under 100 yards at halftime. Our defense will get screwed by our inept offense.

No our team will get screwed by the referees as usual!

Jarius
10-28-2018, 03:53 PM
Alabama will beat us but they are not naming the score on our defense. Get real.

jackindabox
10-28-2018, 04:14 PM
If you are correct we have a legitimate chance of victory. Victory indeed is in the forecast.

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 05:07 PM
No our team will get screwed by the referees as usual!

Yes, playing at Tuscaloosa always requires beating the refs too. But, we know this. We've known it for years. Any tossup call will go their way. No point being shocked or mad about it....just try to overcome it with enough good play that it doesn't factor in. It doesn't bother me at all. Every home team gets a certain amount of home cookin, but BAMA just gets more when they play at home. Learn to live with it.

Activated Alpha
10-28-2018, 06:09 PM
Tuna will be the most prolific quarterback state will have fa ed this year. Dude is legit. State's D relies on getting enough pressure to rattle opposing teams. Don't think they would be able to get to him enough imo.

Edit to add Tua, not Tuna. But I think I should keep his name as is

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2018, 06:47 PM
3 pts.

PMDawg
10-28-2018, 07:10 PM
Alabama will beat us but they are not naming the score on our defense. Get real.

Oh, I'm real. The D will do well for a while. But once our offense wears them out, it will get ugly.

Jarius
10-29-2018, 03:03 PM
Oh, I'm real. The D will do well for a while. But once our offense wears them out, it will get ugly.

No one in the country is naming their score on this defense. They will score more than anyone else has on us but they are not going to just score when they want to. I’m not sure you know what naming the score means....or you have not watched us play defense.

msudawglb
10-29-2018, 03:20 PM

And the one to A&M was on the coach for a boneheaded 4th and 3 call. You punt that ball and they probably run out the clock and go to halftime.