PDA

View Full Version : Bob Shoop Is A Baller

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Grantham is a baller as well, but Shoop's defense is more sound overall. There are just less open WRs this year & I think it's because Shoop is a safety's coach & played that position.

Pretty cool story on the post game show. Matt Wyatt said that Shoop went into the locker room at half time & apologized to the team for getting greedy with his defensive calls before half time.

I hope this guy sticks around for a while & I think he will. He's loyal to Moorhead & he knows he can recruit legit defensive players in Mississippi.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:26 PM
I really like Shoop so far.

Marshdawg
10-27-2018, 10:40 PM
I think we can all concur, for all the preseason discourse, shoop has proven he can put elite talent in a position to be the best they can be

ZedFedder
10-27-2018, 10:51 PM
Don’t think we as fans could have asked any more of what Shoop has brought to the table. Hope we can keep him for at least a couple more years.

Prentis
10-27-2018, 10:52 PM
To really be honest the defense played great, but let's not act like A&M wide outs didn't drop a bunch of open catches. I'm happy for the win and will enjoy it as much as anyone else. I'm just saying we had a little help.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2018, 10:57 PM
Shoop is not as talented as Aranda but he didn't mess up a really talented and deep defense. So yeah, he's been as good as we could have hoped for after not getting Don Brown or keeping Grantham.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:59 PM
To really be honest the defense played great, but let's not act like A&M wide outs didn't drop a bunch of open catches. I'm happy for the win and will enjoy it as much as anyone else. I'm just saying we had a little help.

You know Mond doesn't throw a catchable ball don't you? **

Marshdawg
10-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Drops are part of the game. Our w/l column may have been looking a lot sweeter had some off our drops been catches. Let's not discount sweat/ Simmons/ Abrams etc all in the equation- u want to snag a throw with Abrams about to wreck your $h!t

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 11:00 PM
Drops are part of the game. Our w/l column may have been looking a lot sweeter had some off our drops been catches. Let's not discount sweat/ Simmons/ Abrams etc all in the equation- u want to snag a throw with Abrams about to wreck your $h!t

It do make a difference somewhat. Having said that I expect our WRs to catch those.

testuser
10-27-2018, 11:24 PM
Many said we didn't have the personnel for a 4-3

Keyboard coaches I suppose

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 11:31 PM
Hey can anyone tell me the last time dantzler gave up a reception? Dude has been shutdown

NolaDawgPound
10-27-2018, 11:56 PM

We also had to overcome 4-5 really bad penalties and no call penalties that could have changed the game. A&M scored 7 points because of bad officiating.

dotcomdawg
10-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Shoop > Grantham

Grantham is a baller as well, but Shoop's defense is more sound overall. There are just less open WRs this year & I think it's because Shoop is a safety's coach & played that position.

Pretty cool story on the post game show. Matt Wyatt said that Shoop went into the locker room at half time & apologized to the team for getting greedy with his defensive calls before half time.

I hope this guy sticks around for a while & I think he will. He's loyal to Moorhead & he knows he can recruit legit defensive players in Mississippi.

MrKotter
10-28-2018, 07:45 AM
The same can be said for every game played. I don?t understand why some of you have to qualify every win like this. Loser mentality I guess

IMissJack
10-28-2018, 07:52 AM
Will Shoop stay at MSU a while. The D coord position turnover did not help Mullen when he was here.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2018, 08:00 AM
Will Shoop stay at MSU a while. The D coord position turnover did not help Mullen when he was here.

I think so.

I believe he is loyal to Moorhead due to both being from PA and Moorhead giving him a job after the Tennessee disaster. I think Shoop will stick around for a while.

Moorhead makes is sound like they have known each other years.

99jc
10-28-2018, 09:20 AM
Shoop was gifted a top 3 defense in the country he didn't 17 it up.....Moorhead on the other hand shit the bed.