PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead 28 mstate7's guy 13

Todd4State
10-27-2018, 09:45 PM
And it took a non call on a hold to score.

Good to see Nick step up.

hacker
10-27-2018, 09:47 PM
It's crazy how good our D is. Could've, should've, held them to 6 points.

Commercecomet24
Ol jumbo got out coached tonight.

msstate7
Is this gonna be an annual thread? Somehow I doubt it. Nevertheless, great win tonight

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 09:48 PM
It's why you have to be patient with first year coaches no matter how much talent they inherit

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 09:51 PM
We HAVE the better freakin team. Jimbo has coached well this year. We should be undefeated right now Todd. Moorhead finally got his head our of his MoorAss.

Fitz steppin up was just a matter of a clean pocket, and simplified route trees too. I can count on 2 hands how many times this year, before tonight, that Fitz had more than 1.5 secs to throw the ball.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-27-2018, 09:54 PM
We HAVE the better freakin team. Jimbo has coached well this year. We should be undefeated right now Todd. Moorhead finally got his head our of his MoorAss.

Fitz steppin up was just a matter of a clean pocket, and simplified route trees too. I can count on 2 hands how many times this year, before tonight, that Fitz had more than 1.5 secs to throw the ball.

Tweedledum to the rescue

msstate7
10-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Tweedledum to the rescue

So, you think we were at a talent deficit tonight? You think Moorhead is a better coach than jimbo?

Homedawg
10-27-2018, 09:55 PM
We were lucky to be in the game at half. Two missed tds by them and at least 5 drops. Second half we played a lot better. Good win. I'll take em no matter how.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Tweedledum to the rescue

Whatever asshole ... just stating facts.

99jc
10-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Heading home from the game....Moorhead still an idiot....Our defense is incredible. I really look forward to see how our d fairs against Bama. Be happy with the win but we should be 7-1. Or 8-0.

Bothrops
10-27-2018, 09:58 PM
We had the better team all season, but it doesn't mean you'll beat everybody. We beat a good offense and defense tonight. This is the best MSU defense I've ever seen.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2018, 09:59 PM
So, you think we were at a talent deficit tonight? You think Moorhead is a better coach than jimbo?

I think A&M has way more offensive talent

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:01 PM

Than our defense ... not hardly. And our O with the type of gameplan is better than any D we've faced all year too. It's the O that averaged 26 last year in SEC.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Whatever asshole ... just stating facts.

Assumming that we would be undefeated under a different coach is stating a fact?

Austindawg
10-27-2018, 10:04 PM

So you tracked the route trees during the game? Impressive!!

Turfdawg67
10-27-2018, 10:05 PM
And it took a non call on a hold to score.

Good to see Nick step up.

I thought his guy got 17 v. UGA??

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:07 PM
Assumming that we would be undefeated under a different coach is stating a fact?

Dude ... I was one of Mullen's harshest critics at times and argued with 7 all the time about it. But I think we may have lost to Ky cause Mullen can overlook teams, but we'd be at least 6-1. I'd be saying then that we should be undefeated too. And I'd be pissed at Mullen.

Austindawg
K
Heading home from the game....Moorhead still an idiot....Our defense is incredible. I really look forward to see how our d fairs against Bama. Be happy with the win but we should be 7-1. Or 8-0.

Your so effing smart I guess. Moorhead is a good coach, but we may have had to take a step back to go forward. It’s amazing how many of you can’t understand it. It suckers we did lose games we could have won. But it is what it is

dawgday166

Check out Thick's comment on hitch routes.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-27-2018, 10:15 PM

According to recruiting rankings? Yes. Of course, they only matter if they fit your argument. Offensively? Yes. Jimbo Fisher is 88-26 as a head coach with a National Championship to his name. Am I supposed to expect Moorhead to be better than Jimbo?

msstate7
10-27-2018, 10:19 PM
According to recruiting rankings? Yes. Of course, they only matter if they fit your argument. Offensively? Yes. Jimbo Fisher is 88-26 as a head coach with a National Championship to his name. Am I supposed to expect Moorhead to be better than Jimbo?

I use recruiting rankings until the players actually have a track record on the field. For example, aTm's outlook is a hell of a lot better than ours bc we lose our studs this season and aren't pulling in a top 5 class. aTm is pulling in a top 5 class and has one of the best coaches in the country.

Moorhead beating Jimbo tonight does not equal Moorhead > Jimbo

DownwardDawg
10-27-2018, 10:22 PM

Lmao. We will own Dumbo at aTm. We already own aTm. Dumbo is just the next pawn.

And no need calling out Mstate7. Let it go. He’s a Dawg just like the rest of us.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Lmao. We will own Dumbo at aTm. We already own aTm. Dumbo is just the next pawn.

So Jimbo has 3 losses ... Bama, Clemson, and us. And if we run the offense we ran tonight, we're the 2nd best team in the SEC IMO. Better than Ga, FL, LSU, and KY. This D is really damn good.

I hope you right tho and we own him going forward.

Dawg61
10-27-2018, 10:30 PM
Is this gonna be an annual thread? Somehow I doubt it. Nevertheless, great win tonight

We've beaten aTm a lot since Johnny 17ing Football left.

Dawg61
10-27-2018, 10:32 PM
So Jimbo has 3 losses ... Bama, Clemson, and us. And if we run the offense we ran tonight, we're the 2nd best team in the SEC IMO. Better than Ga, FL, LSU, and KY. This D is really damn good.

I hope you right tho and we own him going forward.

Lol aTm DBs are nothing special. We are lucky if we are the 8th best team in the SEC. Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-27-2018, 10:35 PM
I use recruiting rankings until the players actually have a track record on the field. For example, aTm's outlook is a hell of a lot better than ours bc we lose our studs this season and aren't pulling in a top 5 class. aTm is pulling in a top 5 class and has one of the best coaches in the country.

Moorhead beating Jimbo tonight does not equal Moorhead > Jimbo

What point are you trying to make? I've never claimed Moorhead is a better coach than Jimbo. He could be, he probably isn't, but we don't know because we are literally 8 games into his tenure.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:37 PM
Lol aTm DBs are nothing special. We are lucky if we are the 8th best team in the SEC. Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

They are the 4th best D in the conference against the conference ... behind MSU, Bama, and KY. And that's after playing Bama. And I'm not a prisoner of the moment. Our D line is so much better that GAs it ain't even funny. Our whole D is really. And when we take the P out of RPO and run ROs with play action like tonight, our offense can execute like tonight.

MarketingBully
10-27-2018, 10:38 PM

I think we finish 8-4 and will go to a nice bowl. Is it a letdown from where we wanted to be? Sure. Is it as bad as our fans have made it out to be? Hell no. Personally, we should have a chance to possibly have a better record next year. Possibly 9-3 with losses to Alabama, A&M, and probably Auburn. I think KT will have a great chance next year and I think we will improve our skill positions as well. We will take a small step back on the defense but I think we will return enough to still keep us in games next year.

msstate7
10-27-2018, 10:40 PM
What point are you trying to make? I've never claimed Moorhead is a better coach than Jimbo. He could be, he probably isn't, but we don't know because we are literally 8 games into his tenure.

Then why did you jump in Todd's Moorhead is better than jimbo thread?

Mobile Bay
10-27-2018, 10:40 PM

It is now an aggie tradition.

MarketingBully
10-27-2018, 10:42 PM
They are the 4th best D in the conference against the conference ... behind MSU, Bama, and KY. And that's after playing Bama. And I'm not a prisoner of the moment. Our D line is so much better that GAs it ain't even funny. Our whole D is really. And when we take the P out of RPO and run ROs with play action like tonight, our offense can execute like tonight.

Are you serious? We made a lot of the same calls we have done before and mixed and matched what we did against Auburn. The difference between what we did tonight vs what we did before? We executed. Nick finished 14/22 and a 64% pass completion percentage. We won’t lose many games when Nick passes like that.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:46 PM
Are you serious? We made a lot of the same calls we have done before and mixed and matched what we did against Auburn. The difference between what we did tonight vs what we did before? We executed. Nick finished 14/22 and a 64% pass completion percentage. We won’t lose many games when Nick passes like that.

I'll go back and watch but I'm pretty sure the line was blocking either run or pass instead of somewhere in between. We had a back in backfield almost the whole game as opposed to our 3 losses. Most of the fakes there wasn't really an option to hand off cause Fitz never stuck it in the back's gut.

Aeris pass blocking helped a lot too. Fitz had more time in the pocket tonight that at any time since conference play started. That crappy Oline with no talent looked like the Oline that led SEC in fewest sacks allowed last year.

Saltydog
10-27-2018, 10:48 PM
In any event, you are absolutely right.

DownwardDawg
10-27-2018, 10:54 PM
A-Train was a huge difference tonight.

Dawg61
10-27-2018, 10:54 PM

I'm not arguing against our defense. It's legit. Our offense isn't.

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:56 PM
I'm not arguing against our defense. It's legit. Our offense isn't.

If it reverts it won't be because of players.

Homedawg
10-27-2018, 11:05 PM
I think we finish 8-4 and will go to a nice bowl. Is it a letdown from where we wanted to be? Sure. Is it as bad as our fans have made it out to be? Hell no. Personally, we should have a chance to possibly have a better record next year. Possibly 9-3 with losses to Alabama, A&M, and probably Auburn. I think KT will have a great chance next year and I think we will improve our skill positions as well. We will take a small step back on the defense but I think we will return enough to still keep us in games next year.

Small step back in d?? Really. We lose 3 legit nfl players plus 3 others. You don't just take a small step back unless you are named Alabama

TimberBeast
10-27-2018, 11:06 PM

The difference is that the receivers caught footballs tonight, that’s it.

Dawg61
10-27-2018, 11:06 PM
If it reverts it won't be because of players.

Disagree. Our offense goes when Fitz goes. He sucks offense sucks.

Homedawg
10-27-2018, 11:09 PM

Oh so now he's nick instead of shitz?? Uh huh......

DancingRabbit
10-27-2018, 11:18 PM
The difference is that the receivers caught footballs tonight, that?s it.

Big difference. We had one ugly drop that I recall tonight. Several great catches. aTm had 5-6 drops.

BhamDawg205
10-27-2018, 11:57 PM

I've seen those same routes all season... Let's be call a spade a spade Nick actually look like a QB tonight. Scrambling, BUT keeping eyes down the field LOOKING down the field. Receivers made plays on not so perfect passes. The line block better or did someone actually shift pass protection? It was also nice to see plays that moved the pocket to give Fitz more time. I know Hill is a prolific runner, but Aries is a complete back. This was a great game plan, even better than the AU one. I feel this should be our base game plan going forward each week adding few wrinkles here and there. Great game..... Complete game

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 12:01 AM
I've seen those same routes all season... Let's be call a spade a spade Nick actually look like a QB tonight. Scrambling, BUT keeping eyes down the field LOOKING down the field. Receivers made plays on not so perfect passes. The line block better or did someone actually shift pass protection? It was also nice to see plays that moved the pocket to give Fitz more time. I know Hill is a prolific runner, but Aries is a complete back. This was a great game plan, even better than the AU one. I feel this should be our base game plan going forward each week adding few wrinkles here and there. Great game..... Complete game

The route tree ... the combinations of routes was what I was talking about. A route is a route and yes I've seen these routes too. But the plays were called or designed for safer throws for Nick too.

ETA: Nick was put in a position to be more successful tonight IMO. It helped a lot that Aeris was in there most of the time too.

BhamDawg205
10-28-2018, 04:23 AM
The route tree ... the combinations of routes was what I was talking about. A route is a route and yes I've seen these routes too. But the plays were called or designed for safer throws for Nick too.

ETA: Nick was put in a position to be more successful tonight IMO. It helped a lot that Aeris was in there most of the time too.

Whatever or who gamed planned this it worked tonight. A mix of this and the AU game plan should be our foundation. Hopefully the coach nor the players revert back to those three looses. Every position executed tonight.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2018, 12:32 PM

I dont. Mond isnt that good. They have 2 good backs and their WRs and TE played like shit

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 12:59 PM
Oh so now he's nick instead of shitz?? Uh huh......

I already explained in another thread that I will no longer use that nickname. Here’s another thought. How about we stop comparing Moorhead to Croom and all pull in the same damn direction?

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 01:00 PM
I dont. Mond isnt that good. They have 2 good backs and their WRs and TE played like shit

Couldn’t have anything to do with our defense at all could it?

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 01:18 PM
I already explained in another thread that I will no longer use that nickname. Here’s another thought. How about we stop comparing Moorhead to Croom and all pull in the same damn direction?

I can understand you wanting to defend Moorhead but there is a difference IMO. Moorhead is close to 50 years old makes 3 mill to take the heat and he hasn't done anything for MSU yet.

Fitz has been a warrior for 3 years, gutted out some tough wins, played his ass off, and he's only a 22 year old college student that gets a free education while having to sit in a whirlpool most Sundays thru Tuesdays during the season probably trying to get back to where he can walk to class without hurting so much. I can get mad at players who are primadonnas or who ain't trying hard at time, but I don't disrepect them in the name calling way. Most of them don't ever deserve that.

And while i was opposed to putting Key in (until this past week), I ain't gonna got nuts thinking he can't progress to being a good QB for us off of 3 lousy plays he was put into due to a bad situation brought on by our fanbase to some extent.

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 02:33 PM
I can understand you wanting to defend Moorhead but there is a difference IMO. Moorhead is close to 50 years old makes 3 mill to take the heat and he hasn't done anything for MSU yet.

Fitz has been a warrior for 3 years, gutted out some tough wins, played his ass off, and he's only a 22 year old college student that gets a free education while having to sit in a whirlpool most Sundays thru Tuesdays during the season probably trying to get back to where he can walk to class without hurting so much. I can get mad at players who are primadonnas or who ain't trying hard at time, but I don't disrepect them in the name calling way. Most of them don't ever deserve that.

And while i was opposed to putting Key in (until this past week), I ain't gonna got nuts thinking he can't progress to being a good QB for us off of 3 lousy plays he was put into due to a bad situation brought on by our fanbase to some extent.

The fact of the matter is this message board has been unreadable since we lost to Kentucky. If things go to form and we win the games we are supposed to the rest of the way we will be 8-4 and going to a nice bowl. Is it the season we wanted? No but it will be a dang good season by MSU standards and a pretty good season for a first year head coach having to maneuver his way through the SEC for the first time. I think in the long run we will be okay and these stupid fire Moorhead takes will look dumb as shit a few years down the road.

dawgday166
10-28-2018, 02:42 PM
The fact of the matter is this message board has been unreadable since we lost to Kentucky. If things go to form and we win the games we are supposed to the rest of the way we will be 8-4 and going to a nice bowl. Is it the season we wanted? No but it will be a dang good season by MSU standards and a pretty good season for a first year head coach having to maneuver his way through the SEC for the first time. I think in the long run we will be okay and these stupid fire Moorhead takes will look dumb as shit a few years down the road.

I agree. I'm somewhat encouraged that Moorhead bounced back too. I usually defend 1st years HCs but last week's game plan against LSU was putrid IMO. We could've done same thing to them we did to AU with same game plan.

But maybe Joe's rolling up his sleeves and some of the brilliant OC is starting to show up a little. We'll see.

msbulldog
10-28-2018, 02:55 PM
Small step back in d?? Really. We lose 3 legit nfl players plus 3 others. You don't just take a small step back unless you are named Alabama

We have some underclassmen behind them that have a chance to be NFL quality.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 04:42 PM

But then we would have to keep Cohen because we can't fire the AD if the football program is good.**

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 08:39 PM
We were lucky to be in the game at half. Two missed tds by them and at least 5 drops. Second half we played a lot better. Good win. I'll take em no matter how.

A lot of times bad throws and dropped catches is caused because a defense is knocking the shit out of them. Hit them a few times and they remember and they are thinking about it the whole game.