PDA

View Full Version : Most Complete Game of Moorhead Era: Let's Not Fire Him This Week

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2018, 09:29 PM
An absolutely great job tonight.

- Officials were terrible. Worst I've seen in a win
- At last our offense showed some semblance of what Penn State's look like. At last. This is what I want to see
- Best game for our WRs in two years. Guidry & The Virus were money
- Not sure how to quantify it but the pass protection was also the best it's been all year. Aeris Williams?

What we saw tonight, against a really good team, was what this offense can look like when run correctly.

Again, best/most complete game of the Moorhead era. Let's build on this. 8-4 here we come with an Outback Bowl... well maybe

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 09:30 PM
If he starts Hill over Aeris again... I'll be ready to fire him again.

TrapGame
10-27-2018, 09:31 PM
I'll take 8-4 at this point.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2018, 09:42 PM
The offense looked right tonight. Auburn was a good win, but I liked how we did it tonight better than against Auburn. Tonight was the style of offense that can take us beyond where Mullen did.

I'm actually excited by the prospect of seeing what better WRs and a QB that's been in the system for a while, can do in it.

TXDawg
10-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Osiris the Virus had a great game, but he did have one horrendous drop.

That said, great game. JoMo was energetic, Fitz made some great throws (there were a few bad ones too), receivers played BIG (ran good routes and fought for balls) and the D was VERY good. Refs screwed us on OL downfield on TAMU’s screens, but we overcame. INT by Thompson was HUGE.

Great game all around.

HAIL STATE!

hacker
10-27-2018, 09:51 PM
This offense won't work in the SEC**

Saltydog
10-27-2018, 09:59 PM
the fence with him so I'm not gonna go get all giddy just yet. Even if we win 3 of the last four I'm still not impressed with him.

FriarsPoint
10-27-2018, 10:04 PM
Still not sold. Going to have to finish strong as train smoke in recruiting to start to bring me around.

I?ve never been impressed with any state of Texas team in several years due to the style of play at the high school level.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2018, 10:07 PM
the fence with him so I'm not gonna go get all giddy just yet. Even if we win 3 of the last four I'm still not impressed with him.

I'm not ready to fully buy into him either, but tonight looked right.

I have no clue if we can repeat it or if he can develop a QB that is on our roster. Tonight looked right though. Tonight looked like the offense I thought we were hiring with Moorhead.

That's the most vertical threat we've had in years.

DownwardDawg
10-27-2018, 10:15 PM
Agreed. No firing him this week. This offense tonight gives me hope.

Dawgology
10-27-2018, 10:15 PM
No doubt it was a complete game and I HOPE Moorhead learned his lesson on that crazy call at the half. Our team had to beat two teams tonight (Tamu and the refs) and they did. Good stuff

Saltydog
10-27-2018, 10:21 PM
"D" is pretty doggone good too and they were selling out to stop the run so.....

DancingRabbit
10-27-2018, 10:29 PM
"D" is pretty doggone good too and they were selling out to stop the run so.....

They were #1 against the run nationwide coming into this game, that's pretty good.

Ours is actually better I think.

shoeless joe
10-27-2018, 10:35 PM
We could be a 1 loss team...and possibly undefeated if our offense was merely average.

One game does not a season make but it was much more fun watching how we played tonite

deadheaddawg
10-27-2018, 10:36 PM
8-4 was what the expectations should have always been. 10 wins went out the door with Mullen. This team has talent. But it was built by Mullen for his style.

To not expect some growing pains was foolish. Fitz isnt some natural passing phenom. He just lost the best QB coach in the country (Mullen). To expect Fitz to not lose a step and Morehead to to match or exceed Mullen in his first season was always foolish.

Lots of people were unrealistic and set themselves up for disappointment. We are a 10 win team with Mullen. He built this team around his way and it would be great with him leading......he isn't. That sucks but nothing we can do about it.

8-4 with a chance at 9 in the bowl game is a successful year. It just is

HoopsDawg
10-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Vegas had the over/under on wins at 8.5 and we are going to hit the under. The UK and UF games are always going to hurt but at least Joe showed a semblance of being able to coach.

Still can't believe he punted on 4th and inches at the 41.

DancingRabbit
10-27-2018, 10:41 PM
5-3, 2-3 in the SEC. Could be worse. All 5 ranked now or when we played them.

Transition has been bumpier than expected, but maybe we assumed too much on a seamless transition.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2018, 10:48 PM
We could be a 1 loss team...and possibly undefeated if our offense was merely average.

One game does not a season make but it was much more fun watching how we played tonite

I get it but we kind of need to build a bridge and worry more about the future of the program rather than what happened

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 10:51 PM

Naw man ... according to 61 we 8th best team in conference at best. What the f*** does he smoke?? That's some stout shit.

Bully13
10-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Kinda funny pre season all the doubt was on stoops and the D.

Pit Bull
10-28-2018, 12:01 AM
Yeah, let's wait til next weekend to fire him. After we stub our toe vs LaTech.