PDA

View Full Version : After the first half our offense is still horrible, and

Thick
10-27-2018, 07:44 PM
our defense is still good. Fitz still holds the ball too long, and continues to SUCK in his progression. Don?t know any polite way to say it. On a bright note, Errol Thompson is a full grown headhunting LBer!

MetEdDawg
10-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Play calling and decision making from a coaching standpoint has been subpar. I've defended Moorhead but he's not doing his job well tonight.

I'm beginning to come around to the very concerned party.

Cowbell
10-27-2018, 08:47 PM
I don’t understand why we are passing three downs in a row when we can give to the RB for 8 yards a carry. And three straight runs by fitz for the last TD. We do not appreciate our backs enough.

MetEdDawg
10-27-2018, 08:53 PM
I don’t understand why we are passing three downs in a row when we can give to the RB for 8 yards a carry. And three straight runs by fitz for the last TD. We do not appreciate our backs enough.

Those are reads by Fitz. This is part of what Moorhead has talked about. This is a QB driven offense. QB makes the reads and executes those when the play is checked to an RPO or an option play.

Thick
10-27-2018, 09:30 PM
We won. That’s ALWAYS a positive. The biggest difference tonight was play calling in the second half. I do like the fact that we ran hitch routes tonight.....easier throws for Fitz. Still not sold, but at least we made some progress.

Cowbell
10-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Those are reads by Fitz. This is part of what Moorhead has talked about. This is a QB driven offense. QB makes the reads and executes those when the play is checked to an RPO or an option play.

I get that. But when you are first and goal from the 2 in this league and you have our big nasties up front, you need to have a goal line offense where we don?t read anything but the numbers on the backs of our linemen as we give it to the running back. Stop making it over complicated - this would be a good first step.