PDA

View Full Version : Freeze's use & abuse pattern continues

PassInterference
10-16-2013, 04:12 PM
As was posted here today, Ole Miss dismissed Anthony Standifer. Standifer was Treadwell's high school teammate & buddy. During his recruitment, it was thought that he and Treadwell would follow each other around (just one anecdote here - http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/2011/12/anthony-standifer-decommits.html ).

Ole Miss obviously thought the same. Why else would Ole Miss be drawn to a 3 star player from Illinois? To help lure Treadwell of course.

Ole Miss got Treadwell and now Ole Miss doesn't need Standifer. So Standifer was dismissed. A young man lost out on a 4 year chance with a team and a school that wanted him because Ole Miss lied to him. Ole Miss used him to get to Treadwell. Then threw Standifer away like trash.

Recruits that are friends will high profile recruits need to beware of Ole Miss. Friends of high profile recruits, or anyone with access to a high profile recruit, is a target for use & abuse by the Ole Miss rebels.

Standifer isn't alone.

Ole Miss did the same to Stewart Summers whose dad had tried to get Robert Nkemdichie's dad a job at UMC. In hindsight, it looks like a MS Ethics Commission investigation scared that deal away. Regardless, Ole Miss got RN and surprise, Summers was dismissed from the Ole Miss football team.

Brassell was brought back to the team long enough for them to acquire Conner. Then surprise, Brassell was dismissed.

This history needs to go out to every friend-of-a-playah they try to croot.

elitedawgs
10-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Strong post.

blacklistedbully
10-16-2013, 04:50 PM
you should post this on national mb's. Not going to get much traction here. Just red-meat to us.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Good stuff

Todd4State
10-16-2013, 05:00 PM
You have to wonder about those guys from Callaway and wonder if they were used to get Speaks and Taylor.

CJDAWG85
10-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Truth hurts... Great post

HoopsDawg
10-16-2013, 05:20 PM
You label it use and abuse. I call it, smart recruiting.

HailState39110
10-16-2013, 05:24 PM
In the cruelest twist of them all, Hugh Freeze was used by Ole Miss to get Michael Oher. Freeze has capitalized on the opportunity obviously, but at the time he was nothing more than a way to get Oher to Ole Miss.

Behrdawg
10-16-2013, 05:28 PM
@hughnotfreeze posted it on twitter. He must've read your post

slickdawg
10-16-2013, 05:34 PM

Dude is pretty funny.

PassInterference
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM

His avi is a riot.

Todd4State
10-16-2013, 06:31 PM
You label it use and abuse. I call it, smart recruiting.

I don't. You're pretty much wasting a spot in a recruiting class- and almost guaranteeing attrition. And sure there is Denzel Nkemdiche, but I would think that is the exception rather than the rule.

Not to mention they now run the risk of possibly making whomever their prize recruit was pissed off because now his friend isn't on the team anymore.

I think if you are going to do a package deal- you are obligated to keep the lesser guy on scholarship for five years.

cbrunt29
10-16-2013, 06:35 PM
And the truth is revealed..

Op4isabitch
10-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Someone should post this on all of the national boards to include rivals and scout heck for sure on the secrant,because you know damn well the bears would run with it if the shoe was on the other foot.

I'd do it but I no longer pay for any site except 247 and I've never been a poster on the rant.
Come on guys lets get busy!!

bocfarm
10-16-2013, 06:49 PM
What was he dismissed for in the middle of the season?

HancockCountyDog
10-16-2013, 06:50 PM
You have to wonder about those guys from Callaway and wonder if they were used to get Speaks and Taylor.

The Walker kid is a player, the other one better find a class schedule for Alcorn in 2015.

PassInterference
10-16-2013, 07:00 PM
What was he dismissed for in the middle of the season?

Does it matter? Ole Miss has shown they'll keep anybody they want. Cocaine, pot, DUI, grades, all of the above. Doesn't matter.

And they'll toss away anybody who can't deliver any more 5 start players.

bocfarm
10-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Of course it matters, what if he raped someone, molested a child, ect

RougeDawg
10-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Of course it matters, what if he raped someone, molested a child, ect

They would pay off all legal entities involved, get accuser to be mistaken on the identity of the player and later accuse a 3 star "scape goat" recruit of lesser charges. If you haven't figured out how things work in Oxford and amongst the OM family you have been hiding under a rock my friend. Come out and look around every now and then.

ETA: this not only benefits Hugh by using players to get star players, but it also frees up spots in the next recruiting class to add total points, thus adding to the illusion that OM has more talent than they actually have. I wrote about this a while back. Recruiting classes are based on total points. If you use and discard 3-4 players a year, you have that many more spots open each recruiting class and help total points. The cycle continues and illusions are created.

bocfarm
10-16-2013, 07:41 PM
They would pay off all legal entities involved, get accuser to be mistaken on the identity of the player and later accuse a 3 star "scape goat" recruit of lesser charges.

Good God

Political Hack
10-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Good God

Didn't you know about a kid getting his ass whipped and them paying off the culprit to keep it quiet? Or was that just bullshit?

bocfarm
10-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Completely different than the above scenario

Political Hack
10-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Completely different than the above scenario

I don't know the details of either so I'll trust your judgement, but paying off a victim to keep quiet just to protect a football player seems pretty petty to me.

bocfarm
10-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Again I have no idea what the kid got kicked off for. If its something minor... Drugs, DUI, ect it's certainly a double standard. Without that being known its called grasping. It's not like the kid was a scrub prospect. I'd take that kid all day long to have a shot at the #1 wr in the nation and so would a lot of coaches.

Pretty sure that's the angle with Braxton Hoyett/Corey Thomas I could be mistaken tho

bocfarm
10-16-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't know the details of either so I'll trust your judgement, but paying off a victim to keep quiet just to protect a football player seems pretty petty to me.

I def agree...i just hope the truth comes out ab the situation with RN and DN... It's pretty ridiculous and embarrassing if its all factual. Which I believe it is.

SignalToNoise
10-16-2013, 09:47 PM
I def agree...i just hope the truth comes out ab the situation with RN and DN... It's pretty ridiculous and embarrassing if its all factual. Which I believe it is.

Which situation is this? RN getting thrown out at a frat party?

PassInterference
10-16-2013, 10:25 PM
RN beating the hell out of somebody who was allegedly paid to be quiet about it.

88rebel
10-17-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm a rebel that is so pissed off I couldn't stand not registering and trying to get a word in. I just had to say something in between shifts at waxing Hugh's teeth.

88rebel
10-17-2013, 02:13 AM
I wish I could claim Ole Miss has some integrity, but I know good and well there is no moral reason for Brunetti an a few other important players to still be on the team.

Bert Stare
10-17-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm a rebel that is so pissed off I couldn't stand not registering and trying to get a word in. I just had to say something in between shifts at waxing Hugh's teeth.

I saw this guy's original post this morning before the edit...... 88rebel may be clinically insane. He created an account and posted at 1:07 a.m. on a wednesday morning just to defend hugh freeze.

.......and they call us obsessed. jesus christ, this ****er had to have been posting from whitfield.

SignalToNoise
10-17-2013, 08:44 AM
RN beating the hell out of somebody who was allegedly paid to be quiet about it.

Few of my bear buddies seem to think that there is some truth to it but don't seem at all worried it will ever come out. It's the damnedest thing. Something like that goes down and they aren't at all nervous that it might get scooped.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2013, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;66889]I don't. You're pretty much wasting a spot in a recruiting class- and almost guaranteeing attrition. And sure there is Denzel Nkemdiche, but I would think that is the exception rather than the rule.

Wasting a spot? He helped them sign the number 1 WR in the nation. That's not a waste. We waste about 8 spots in every class.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2013, 09:36 AM
I saw this guy's original post this morning before the edit...... 88rebel may be clinically insane. He created an account and posted at 1:07 a.m. on a wednesday morning just to defend hugh freeze.

.......and they call us obsessed. jesus christ, this ****er had to have been posting from whitfield.

Haha, I missed the original post but what a douche this guy must be. If you're going to try to be one of the heroes from Rebel land, wouldn't it make more sense to do it at a time when people are actually on the board.

The edits are great

DownwardDawg
10-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Well, we did sign Kimdashian's 125 lb "brother" as a QB. WTF was that all about? Did we really think he could be an SEC QB? Serious question. I don't even remember his name. Nick maybe??

Coach34
10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Well, we did sign Kimdashian's 125 lb "brother" as a QB. WTF was that all about? Did we really think he could be an SEC QB? Serious question. I don't even remember his name. Nick maybe??

He's a back-up QB at Clemson and has even played this year in garbage time

M.Fillmore
10-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Haha, I missed the original post but what a douche this guy must be. If you're going to try to be one of the heroes from Rebel land, wouldn't it make more sense to do it at a time when people are actually on the board.

The edits are great

Agreed. When these clowns come over here the mods should always ban them and edit their posts to make them look like goofballs or brownshirts.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Seriously?? I had no idea. Good for him. I just remember the pics of him rockin the skinny jeans. I thought of LSU and Bama D-linemen laughing and salivating at the same time.

slickdawg
10-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Someone should post this on all of the national boards to include rivals and scout heck for sure on the secrant,because you know damn well the bears would run with it if the shoe was on the other foot.

I'd do it but I no longer pay for any site except 247 and I've never been a poster on the rant.
Come on guys lets get busy!!

Nothing is stopping you from signing up on the rant, a FREE board, and running with it.

slickdawg
10-17-2013, 10:48 AM

Poor kid got completely used and abused by the fine, outstanding Robert Nkemdiche. Gave him a place to live, food, shelter, got him in the "right" school district, walked away from an SEC QB scholarship to join the Grayson 5, including Robert, at Clemson. He bit on Robert's head fake because he trusted the fine character of Robert. After all, what kind of person would lie to your face after you put him in position to be the #1 player in the country?

smootness
10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Pretty sure that's the angle with Braxton Hoyett/Corey Thomas I could be mistaken tho

We've already proven to have a different MO. People thought we took Kivon Coman in order to get Beniquez Brown. Well, we stuck with Coman when he didn't qualify, and he's now playing as a freshman. People thought we took Kendrick Market in order to have a shot at Brassell. But we stuck with Market, and he's now playing a lot.

I can't think of one teammate/friend we've recruited that was off the team a short time later.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Poor kid got completely used and abused by the fine, outstanding Robert Nkemdiche. Gave him a place to live, food, shelter, got him in the "right" school district, walked away from an SEC QB scholarship to join the Grayson 5, including Robert, at Clemson. He bit on Robert's head fake because he trusted the fine character of Robert. After all, what kind of person would lie to your face after you put him in position to be the #1 player in the country?

Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now.

thunderclap
10-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Sly Croom signed a bunch of guys from some Missouri high school (or was it Texas), and they all sucked. So there.