PDA

View Full Version : There?s the Dan Mullen

Dawgology
10-27-2018, 05:47 PM
We all know..haha

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2018, 05:52 PM
Big game Dan is a beauty.

The Florida fans will be happy because they competed this year, but when the same thing happens for 3 straight years, they'll start to understand

dawgday166
10-27-2018, 06:00 PM
FL is young team like we were last year. They probably better next year ... But GA probably will be too.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2018, 06:01 PM

The Florida fans will be happy because they competed this year, but when the same thing happens for 3 straight years, they'll start to understand

Yep. Dan is a good coach, not elite. He's gonna win 7-9 a year occasionally 10, no matter where he coaches

Cowbell
10-27-2018, 06:02 PM
What’d he pull? Missed the 4th quarter?

Marshdawg
10-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Merlot in the big game = cheap lawn chair

bulldawg28
10-27-2018, 06:53 PM
So you expected him to win the game? If not your point is void.

Dawgology
10-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Never expected him to win in the first place. Tried to tell some UF fans about it but they wouldn’t listen

bulldawg28
10-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Never expected him to win in the first place. Tried to tell some UF fans about it but they wouldn’t listen

Gotcha. If he had a decent Qb they'd be dangerous

Dawgology
10-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Gotcha. If he had a decent Qb they'd be dangerous

Yep...they will definitely make some noise in the East. He’s a good head coach. Until he changes his recruiting philosophy I still don’t think they will beat Georgia or Bama unless one of those has a down year.

preachermatt83
10-27-2018, 10:21 PM
He will win big there.

BeardoMSU
10-27-2018, 10:23 PM
He will win big there.
Define "big"...

BulldogBear
10-27-2018, 10:28 PM
He will win big there.
Hahahahahah..... no. I'm selling the farm on that one.

#countryclubstrain

Define "big"...
He will have more 8-4 years at Florida than he did at MSU.... and then he'll get a "big" check!

#countryclub$$$

Dawg61
10-27-2018, 10:42 PM
He will win big there.

No he won't. Not Florida standards big at least. Tennessee and Florida State will never be as bad as they are this year while Mullen is there. Kentucky is much improved and Missouri will give him fits some years. He'll lose at least half the time vs LSU and I predict will never beat UGA. Mullen will win enough never to get fired but never win enough for Florida to feel like they're back.

preachermatt83
10-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Define "big"...

He will won the east within 3 years. Remember, I was not a Mullen fan, but I'm watching him win with a team that is not fit for his style of offense.

Marshdawg
10-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Win or lose and despite a great celebration for all he did for our university.... flock him..... the way he left especially in regards to our players is inexcusable

msstate7
10-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Mullen and Moorhead should work up a trade, key for Franks? I think both teams would benefit

Dawg61
10-27-2018, 10:51 PM
Mullen and Moorhead should work up a trade, key for Franks? I think both teams would benefit

I like Key but I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. Franks has an NFL arm.

RougeDawg
10-28-2018, 03:24 PM
Just saw the highlights of the cocktail party. That ?aw shucks, oh well we tried? look on Dan?s face in the 4th quarter was the same one Saban gave him every year and other coaches did in big games.

NCDawg
10-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Anybody see Mullen's press conference? He said some of his scout team players can't wait to get back on the practice field Monday to help his team get a little bit more tougher. He said his team has to strain a little bit harder to win and he grinded his teeth as an example.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 04:09 PM
No he won't. Not Florida standards big at least. Tennessee and Florida State will never be as bad as they are this year while Mullen is there. Kentucky is much improved and Missouri will give him fits some years. He'll lose at least half the time vs LSU and I predict will never beat UGA. Mullen will win enough never to get fired but never win enough for Florida to feel like they're back.

Yep. I think what will probably happen is they will keep losing to UGA and whoever else and then their fans will complain about recruiting and actually demand changes at some Country Club positions which will probably piss Dan off causing things to hit the fan.

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Was never Dan’s fault they lost. Just didn’t execute the game plan.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2018, 08:37 PM

They will be even more happy with a out side the top 15 recruiting class.

Political Hack
10-28-2018, 08:41 PM
I've said it a million times. He's never beating Kirby. Never has. Never will. It's a clear pattern. I can't for the life of me understand why florida would hire him when they have to know he's never going to beat Kirby.

RougeDawg
10-28-2018, 08:51 PM
I've said it a million times. He's never beating Kirby. Never has. Never will. It's a clear pattern. I can't for the life of me understand why florida would hire him when they have to know he's never going to beat Kirby.

Or Saban. Dan never has beaten any above average coach in a game that had championship implications.

basedog
10-28-2018, 08:52 PM

Stricklin says "Hold my beer"***

Commercecomet24
10-28-2018, 08:57 PM

Yep. Dan is a good coach that's it, he's not elite and he's always gonna win 7-9 games maybe 10 every now and then. That's what you get with him. He's gonna have winning seasons but never win the big one.

yjnkdawg
10-28-2018, 10:20 PM
He will won the east within 3 years. Remember, I was not a Mullen fan, but I'm watching him win with a team that is not fit for his style of offense.

I think Foley, Spurrier and the Gator Nation expect a little more than that. I think patience is more of an after thought with the Bull Gators.

MarketingBully
10-28-2018, 11:34 PM
I think Foley, Spurrier and the Gator Nation expect a little more than that. I think patience is more of an after thought with the Bull Gators.

Foley disliked Mullen. The only way Mullen was able to get that Florida job was because of Loafers.

Todd4State
10-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Foley disliked Mullen. The only way Mullen was able to get that Florida job was because of Loafers.

And the fact that they missed out on Chip Kelly and a couple of other people.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2018, 09:01 AM
And the fact that they missed out on Chip Kelly and a couple of other people.

Yep, they panicked and got Mullen because UT was about to get him. I imagine Loafers sold them on Dan being Urban Meyer if he gets UF talent. UF didn't really like that style of offense since they bitched at Urban until he left. Now they want Urban and Spurrier results all the time. Those are two Hall of Fame coaches that you just don't completely replicate their results.

Dan is the Natural Light version of Urban's Budweiser. Half the alcohol and shitty taste but it is better than Keystone.