PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Small proving he is our.......

Pit Bull
10-27-2018, 01:33 AM
....top pitcher by far. I think we all sort of knew that anyway. I called Ethan a future star back when he was a freshman and I saw him pitch briefly in an early season game. First thought that came to my mind was....."this guy is gonna be hard to hit". His delivery is very intimidating. Lot of body movement, tall, and threw fast. Appears he has a fall era of 2.25 and 22 strikeouts while pitching the most innings of any pitcher with 16 innings pitched. I assume he will be our Friday night starter. JT Ginn was the next best hurler with a 3.00 era and 14 strikeouts. So, just guessing that JT may be our Saturday starter. Now we just need a Sunday starter and we are good to go! Have several good candidates for the Sunday slot. Can't wait for baseball....Go Diamond Dogs!!

Hambone
10-27-2018, 07:25 AM
If Ginn becomes our Saturday guy does that take him out of the lineup the rest of the week? Sure would be nice to have his bat in the lineup.

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2018, 08:57 AM
A lot of people have thought that Keegan James has the Sat starting spot with Ginn on Sunday

Pit Bull
10-27-2018, 09:27 AM
If Ginn becomes our Saturday guy does that take him out of the lineup the rest of the week? Sure would be nice to have his bat in the lineup.

Not sure what Lemonis philosophy is on that. Guess we really won't know until he says it or we see him put Ginn in the batting lineup.

AlSwearengen
10-27-2018, 11:18 AM
If Ginn is in the lineup on fridays for his bat, it would seem logical that his bat is valuable enough to have in there on Saturday also. Therefore, he pitches on sundays.

From everything we have heard though, at this point, he probably isn’t quite ready to break into the lineup for his bat. That could change though as the season goes along and he adjusts to the competition.

Todd4State
10-27-2018, 12:19 PM
A lot of people have thought that Keegan James has the Sat starting spot with Ginn on Sunday

For me that's mainly because Ginn is possibly a dual position guy. Ginn has been performing well enough to be a Saturday guy. What's going to be interesting is if Eric Cerentola improves enough to bump Keegan.

Todd4State
10-27-2018, 12:20 PM
If Ginn is in the lineup on fridays for his bat, it would seem logical that his bat is valuable enough to have in there on Saturday also. Therefore, he pitches on sundays.

From everything we have heard though, at this point, he probably isn’t quite ready to break into the lineup for his bat. That could change though as the season goes along and he adjusts to the competition. Ginn improved at the plate later in the fall but I'm not sure that he is ready at the plate either. We'll have to see where he is in the spring.

Todd4State
10-27-2018, 12:21 PM

Not necessarily but it makes it tricky. You almost would have to DH him if he is the Saturday guy.