PDA

View Full Version : Gotta win this game

msstate7
10-26-2018, 03:49 PM
aTm will be tough, but it's winnable. After this one, we have 3 games we absolutely should win and 1 we won't. Moorhead, find a way to beat the Aggies, and you'll finish 8-4. If we finish 8-4, I'll still be disappointed, but feel much better about our program's outlook.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2018, 03:54 PM
aTm will be tough, but it's winnable. After this one, we have 3 games we absolutely should win and 1 we won't. Moorhead, find a way to beat the Aggies, and you'll finish 8-4. If we finish 8-4, I'll still be disappointed, but feel much better about our program's outlook.

8-4 with a chance at 9 wins in a bowl game would be the 2nd best record in the last decade. Dan got 8 wins several times but only got more in the regular season in 2014. We get to 9 wins with a bowl win and that is pretty good in a transition year of changing the offense.

TrapGame
10-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Concur.

We go 8-4 and win a bowl game I'll feel a lot better about Moorhead, this offense and next season.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Concur.

We go 8-4 and win a bowl game I'll feel a lot better about Moorhead, this offense and next season.

I need to see a QB actually run the offense before I feel better about it. Hopefully KT is running and gunning next year but until I see it then I am worried.

TrapGame
10-26-2018, 04:15 PM
I need to see a QB actually run the offense before I feel better about it. Hopefully KT is running and gunning next year but until I see it then I am worried.

If the offense doesn't get a little better we won't reach 8 wins.

MafiaDawg
10-26-2018, 05:15 PM
If we lose, tons of people will check out on this season and I?m afraid it will be the beginning of the end for jomo.

msstate7
10-26-2018, 07:57 PM
Gotta feeling fitz has a big game tomorrow.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2018, 08:31 PM

Man I hope you’re right. I just don’t see it.

I_Spy
10-26-2018, 08:36 PM
If we can get

Fitz
Maybe KT
Guidry
Hill
Aeris
And Mixon to align for just 1 game, I believe we can have success
And the D is top notch

Bully13
10-26-2018, 09:40 PM
If fitz is 17ing up the 1st 2 quarters, do we make a change? Does JOMO have the guts and brains of saban? I hope KT got as many reps as fitz this week in practice.

Bothrops
10-26-2018, 11:24 PM
If defense plays like last week, we good at home.

Pit Bull
10-27-2018, 01:45 AM
If fitz is 17ing up the 1st 2 quarters, do we make a change? Does JOMO have the guts and brains of saban? I hope KT got as many reps as fitz this week in practice.

JoMo has already stated and discussed with Fitz that KT WILL get at least a couple series in the first half. Fitz said he is good with it. Now, if KT moves the team right down the field and scores, he will get more and more opps! So, this will be like a position interview between KT and JoMo.

Cooterpoot
10-27-2018, 05:56 AM
Jo needs to simplify the RPO game a little. We aren’t going to pound it at A&Ms defense much, especially if Hill is out. Defense has to create turnovers.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-27-2018, 06:59 AM
If we can get

Fitz
Maybe KT
Guidry
Hill
Aeris
And Mixon to align for just 1 game, I believe we can have success
And the D is top notch

At the most, only two of those names will be on roster next season...with a depleted D as well.

Dawgfan77
10-27-2018, 07:43 AM
I don?t see any way we win. Joe is damn determined to run his offense and this program in the ground.

LC Dawg
10-27-2018, 09:09 AM

I do too. The guy isn't a great qb but he is resilient.

msstate7
10-27-2018, 09:41 AM
27-16 state

My homerism is kicking in, and I think we get it done tonight, somehow

Dawgfan77
10-27-2018, 09:43 AM
To win we would need to move the ball. I don?t see how we can against the best run defense we have faced so far and our inability to complete a forward pass.

msstate7
10-27-2018, 09:49 AM
To win we would need to move the ball. I don?t see how we can against the best run defense we have faced so far and our inability to complete a forward pass.

I think we hit some passes tonight.

tcdog70
10-27-2018, 10:27 AM
The biggest plus, we are at Home. I think this throws the advantage to Us.

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2018, 11:32 AM

If we actually start completing passes then our offense probably gets back to last year level.

Dawgfan77
10-27-2018, 11:52 AM

Nothing in the last 7 games says we will complete some passes. They are going to keep 7 in the box and walk a safety up. Once our QB sees this he is going to think man to man. Then at the snap the safety rolls to help and now it?s a zone look and our qb gets confused and the WR runs the wrong route.

I hate being that guy but this is basic defense 101 and it confuses our offense enough that we cannot complete the forward pass

MarketingBully
10-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Nothing in the last 7 games says we will complete some passes. They are going to keep 7 in the box and walk a safety up. Once our QB sees this he is going to think man to man. Then at the snap the safety rolls to help and now it?s a zone look and our qb gets confused and the WR runs the wrong route.

I hate being that guy but this is basic defense 101 and it confuses our offense enough that we cannot complete the forward pass

Their pass defense sucks ass. I could see them completely selling out on the run and leaving receivers wide open. Plus their best secondary player (a saftey) will be sitting out the first half due to a targeting penalty. If Fitz can get the ball in the zip code of our receivers there will be plays to be had in the passing game.

MarketingBully
10-27-2018, 12:07 PM
If we actually start completing passes then our offense probably gets back to last year level.

We go from playing the best secondary in the country to probably one of the worst. There will be plays to be had in the passing game tonight. Will we execute them is the key.

msstate7
10-27-2018, 12:08 PM

I told ya I was basing it on homerism haha

MarketingBully
10-27-2018, 12:24 PM
I told ya I was basing it on homerism haha

I’m with you and it isn’t based on homerism. A&M’s weakness on defense is their secondary. If we were going to be able to pass on someone it’s A&M. Conversally, the two best secondaries in the SEC were Florida and LSU and we tried to throw on them. A&M completely shut down Kentucky when they tried to run the ball on A&M and was one dimensional running it. A&M is one of the better defenses in the SEC against the run and it wouldn’t surprise me if they completely sold out on stopping the run.

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2018, 12:53 PM
I’m with you and it isn’t based on homerism. A&M’s weakness on defense is their secondary. If we were going to be able to pass on someone it’s A&M. Conversally, the two best secondaries in the SEC were Florida and LSU and we tried to throw on them. A&M completely shut down Kentucky when they tried to run the ball on A&M and was one dimensional running it. A&M is one of the better defenses in the SEC against the run and it wouldn’t surprise me if they completely sold out on stopping the run.

That is what a smart coach would do. We haven't proven that we can beat anyone throwing the ball.

MarketingBully
10-27-2018, 01:10 PM
That is what a smart coach would do. We haven't proven that we can beat anyone throwing the ball.

There will be wide receivers wide ass open tonight. There will be plays to be made in the passing game. Trust me.

Dawgfan77
10-27-2018, 01:48 PM
There will be wide receivers wide ass open tonight. There will be plays to be made in the passing game. Trust me.

They have had two weeks to game plan. I doubt we have much success with passing game

MarketingBully
10-27-2018, 01:52 PM
They have had two weeks to game plan. I doubt we have much success with passing game

Their secondary sucks. They really don’t have a choice in the matter. Their best player in the secondary is out the first half. What part of that did you not understand?

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2018, 03:37 PM

I want to be pleasantly surprised by throws that a WR actually catches. We have had WR open, we need the QB to actually see them and give them a catchable ball. We also need a WR actually catch it. We have struggled with both.

Dawgfan77
10-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Their secondary sucks. They really don’t have a choice in the matter. Their best player in the secondary is out the first half. What part of that did you not understand?

I have seen enough of this coaching staff to realize they cannot exploit a weakness. But don?t stop believing....

Doggie_Style
10-27-2018, 04:29 PM
I have seen enough of this coaching staff to realize they cannot exploit a weakness. But don?t stop believing....

I think the most important thing for State fans tonight is that they have plenty of whiskey on hand and someone to drive them home....it could get ugly

Bully13
10-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Their pass defense sucks ass. I could see them completely selling out on the run and leaving receivers wide open. Plus their best secondary player (a saftey) will be sitting out the first half due to a targeting penalty. If Fitz can get the ball in the zip code of our receivers there will be plays to be had in the passing game.

Tonight their passing D makes a turn around.

msstate7
10-27-2018, 09:15 PM
27-16 state

My homerism is kicking in, and I think we get it done tonight, somehow

Bam

msstate7
10-27-2018, 09:16 PM

Bam

msstate7
10-27-2018, 09:16 PM
Bam