PDA

View Full Version : For all you Keytaon Thompson fans...

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 11:54 AM
he's actually statistically a BETTER runner than Fitzgerald. Three straight 100+ yard games rushing. 6 touchdowns on the ground.

vs OM 121 yds rushing, 1 TD
vs L'Ville 147 yds rushing, 3 TDs
vs SFA 109 yds rushing, 2 TDs

How bout you roll that up in your pipe and smoke it haters. Key should be the starter now and next season.

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 11:58 AM
he's actually statistically a BETTER runner than Fitzgerald. Three straight 100+ yard games rushing. 6 touchdowns on the ground.

How bout you roll that up in your pipe and smoke it haters. Key should be the starter now and next season.

Are you f***ing serious dude??? An OM team that was shit against the run, a Peter Sirmon D, and SFA??? Gimme a freaking break. Nick's average against AU & LSU is better than those stats by far ... and that's with everyone knowing what was coming each time he ran it in the LSU game.

I'm not saying don't replace Nick with Key ... I'm all for it. But this comparison on rushing stats is crap.

Coursesuper
10-26-2018, 12:02 PM

I'm not bashing Key here, but you are pulling stats from an offensive system that we no longer run and Fitz was very successful in that system, and Keys stats against a team with no pulse. And we know how good the defense was and is under the crime dog and the other defense was coordinated by Peter Sirmon.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2018, 12:04 PM
That is a bad comparison. Fitz is the best running QB in SEC history. Prior to the injury, he was the total package as far as a running QB goes. He could truck LBs or outrun safeties. KT is probably a better passer right now and hopefully he gets even better. KT is also an above average runner but don't say he is better than Fitz.

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Are you f***ing serious dude??? An OM team that was shit against the run, a Peter Sirmon D, and SFA??? Gimme a freaking break. Nick's average against AU & LSU is better than those stats by far ... and that's with everyone knowing what was coming each time he ran it in the LSU game.

I'm not saying don't replace Nick with Key ... I'm all for it. But this comparison on rushing stats is crap.

I missed all those rushing tds Fitz had vs LSU. Can you provide the video for them please? Thanks

msstate7
10-26-2018, 12:19 PM
I missed all those rushing tds Fitz had vs LSU. Can you provide the video for them please? Thanks

14 rushes 88 yds 2 td last season vs LSU

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 12:20 PM

LOL ... you's a trip. When everyone in stadium knew what was coming and he didn't score a TD against LSU, and you're comparing that to OM, Lville, and SFA. SMFH.

msstate7
10-26-2018, 12:23 PM
LOL ... you's a trip. When everyone in stadium knew what was coming and he didn't score a TD against LSU, and you're comparing that to OM, Lville, and SFA. SMFH.

Fitz still had 131 yds on 23 carries

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 12:24 PM
14 rushes 88 yds 2 td last season vs LSU

Fitz was a much better QB pre ankle injury. Thought that would be obvious by now.

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 12:25 PM

How much did the entire rest of the offense have?

Really Clark?
10-26-2018, 12:25 PM

You don’t even believe the post you started. Nice troll though

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 12:34 PM
You don’t even believe the post you started. Nice troll though

You're wrong. I completely believe Keytaon is better than Fitz.

Really Clark?
10-26-2018, 12:36 PM

I’m sure of that but you don’t believe in the stats like your acting. But good for you for trying!! Good job “wink, wink”

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 12:37 PM

He may be and I wanna see if that's so but ... you can't bring up a single damn stat that proves it to be true tho.

MarketingBully
10-26-2018, 12:37 PM

Yep. HE gets 20+ carries but the RBs get shit. I have no doubt in my mind if KT was the QB people would get their wish and the RBs would actually be getting their carries. That alone should make people want KT over Shitz.

msstate7
10-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Yep. HE gets 20+ carries but the RBs get shit. I have no doubt in my mind if KT was the QB people would get their wish and the RBs would actually be getting their carries. That alone should make people want KT over Shitz.

Your problem is with Moorhead.

MarketingBully
10-26-2018, 12:40 PM
Shitz is the only QB in the SEC who leads his team in rushing attempts over the RB. Let that sink in. Whether this is on Shitz or Moorhead, Moorhead sure as hell doesn’t know how the hell to utilize Shitz so Shitz should sit in favor of KT on that fact alone.

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 12:41 PM
Did Fitz order up all those empty backfield sets last week against LSU? Against AU he had 28, Hill had 23, and Aeris had 5. Still a little high but you can't hand it off when there ain't a back in the backfield.

MarketingBully
10-26-2018, 12:41 PM
Your problem is with Moorhead.

My problem is the Shitz/Moorhead combo. Once Shitz is gone, this isn’t going to be an issue.

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 12:45 PM
I’m sure of that but you don’t believe in the stats like your acting. But good for you for trying!! Good job “wink, wink”

Lol not sure how you're coming to this conclusion. Key is averaging 125 yards rushing and 2 Tds a game in the limited amount of starts he's gotten. Has Fitz had singular games better than that? He has. Is he averaging that? He's not. Therefore statistically Keytaon IS a better rusher than Fitz so far. That's a fact. You can dispute that by pointing out the porous defenses and I can't really deny that but it's still a fact that statistically so far Keytaon is a better rusher than Fitz.

MarketingBully
10-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Did Fitz order up all those empty backfield sets last week against LSU? Against AU he had 28, Hill had 23, and Aeris had 5. Still a little high but you can't hand it off when there ain't a back in the backfield.

There were several run plays Shitz audibled out of that were designed to get Hill the ball. I agree the empty set with Shitz waiting until he saw a hole for three straight plays on the goal line was asinine playcalling but Shitz made shitty shitty reads against LSU as well.

Anonymous
10-26-2018, 12:46 PM

Yeah the worst run defenses we've seen in decades probably aren't good measuring sticks.

MarketingBully
10-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Lol not sure how you're coming to this conclusion. Key is averaging 125 yards rushing and 2 Tds a game in the limited amount of starts he's gotten. Has Fitz had singular games better than that? He has. Is he averaging that? He's not. Therefore statistically Keytaon IS a better rusher than Fitz so far. That's a fact. You can dispute that by pointing out the porous defenses and I can't really deny that but it's still a fact that statistically so far Keytaon is a better rusher than Fitz.

KT is a better runner this year but Shitz was the better runner pre-injury.

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 12:49 PM
There were several run plays Shitz audibled out of that were designed to get Hill the ball. I agree the empty set with Shitz waiting until he saw a hole for three straight plays on the goal line was asinine playcalling but Shitz made shitty shitty reads against LSU as well.

I think one Shitz is plenty. No need to throw out 15 of them in 3 posts.

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 12:50 PM

I agree with Matt Wyatt on this one, cause I rewatched closely to be sure if that was the case. Outside of 2 or 3 running plays he made the right read on the play. I wan'ted to know if he was just being selfish and if so, I'd be totally on your side. I'm still scratching my head as to why we didn't run quite a bit of the AU game plan last week. Everytime but 1 we went wide (and it wasn't from the AU motion into the backfield), we gained good yardage 7 or 8 a pop. The one we didn't was on a telegraphed quick pitch to Hill the LB was waiting on. We just didn't run wide that much. On the read options, there were a couple of time when LB was there, but I think Hill could've beat him. But the LB was there.

Really Clark?
10-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Shitz is the only QB in the SEC who leads his team in rushing attempts over the RB. Let that sink in. Whether this is on Shitz or Moorhead, Moorhead sure as hell doesn’t know how the hell to utilize Shitz so Shitz should sit in favor of KT on that fact alone.

Fitz did in 2016 (not last year Aeris had 80 more carries and Aeris and Kylin had 152 more carries), Jalen Hurts lead Bama last year and 2016, Josh Donna lead Tenn in 2016, Dak did in 2014 & 2015 and almost in 2013 but only because he played in one less game than Perk, Johnny Manziel 2012 & 2013....

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 12:51 PM
Yeah the worst run defenses we've seen in decades probably aren't good measuring sticks.

More reason to see him vs the rest of the defenses this year. Are you not tired of watching our offense yet under Fitz? We are ranked 127th in the nation in offense during SEC play.

Really Clark?
10-26-2018, 12:51 PM

Hey I believe you. It’s completely the same competition “wink, wink”. Keep doing you...keep doing you

Doggie_Style
10-26-2018, 12:53 PM
Fitz was a much better QB pre Moorhead. Thought that would be obvious by now.

FIFY

Coursesuper
10-26-2018, 12:55 PM
More reason to see him vs the rest of the defenses this year. Are you not tired of watching our offense yet under Fitz? We are ranked 127th in the nation in offense during SEC play.

This logic is astonishing. wow.

Really Clark?
10-26-2018, 12:59 PM

KT carried the ball 26 and 27 times in the EB and bowl game. Both Higher than any game Fitz had last year.

Really Clark?
10-26-2018, 01:07 PM
BTW I like KT and he is a very good runner but he is a little over 5 yards per carry against P5 teams (although very poor defensive P5 teams) with significant playing time. Fitz is the same per carry this year with 2 horrible games. Actually Fitz is a touch better.

Lord McBuckethead
10-26-2018, 01:15 PM
1st off, do not demean anyone who suits up for MSU by bullshiting their name with some dumb ass nickname. If you have a good nickname like CroomHead, then that is fine. Next everyone knows Fitz is bad ass at running the ball. That is just a fact. Most people realize that he would be better at running the ball if he was the clear second option on run plays behind our RBs getting more carries a game. That is a fact. Third and I cannot stress this enough, most want to see what KT can do. Not for one series. Not for one game. But for multiple games in a row. I want to see it prior to the start of next season. 7-5 or 6-6 this year is looking likely. We have to try something new. I don't care if KT looks terrible against aTm. I really don't. Fitz has looked terrible in every SEC game accept against Auburn's terrible defense. Even then, he couldn't complete passes that would force the defense to do something other than spy him the entire game. The only reason Auburn didn't put 3 spies on him every play is because the RBs varied the attack enough to keep them honest. LSU didn't have to worry about that. Sometimes you have to hand the ball off with the RBs knowing they are getting the ball from the snap. Sometimes you have to hand the ball off with the running backs knowing they are getting it at the snap, so the OL knows how to block from the snap. By our OL having to RPO block, they have no idea what they are trying to do enough to stop the defense. That is a fact. Run block, no pass block, nope Fitz decided to run it so run block again.... oops went to far down the field, negate that 20 yard gain. Its crazy.

Lord McBuckethead
10-26-2018, 01:16 PM
This logic is astonishing. wow.

I am tired of seeing it. Put KT in, we may get to 128th, but atleast we have a shot.

Really Clark?
10-26-2018, 01:19 PM
DP

yjnkdawg
10-26-2018, 01:35 PM
I think one Shitz is plenty. No need to throw out 15 of them in 3 posts.

I think one is too many, but you have to consider the source. It is what it is.

Gutter Cobreh
10-26-2018, 01:57 PM
1st off, do not demean anyone who suits up for MSU by bullshiting their name with some dumb ass nickname. If you have a good nickname like CroomHead, then that is fine. Next everyone knows Fitz is bad ass at running the ball. That is just a fact. Most people realize that he would be better at running the ball if he was the clear second option on run plays behind our RBs getting more carries a game. That is a fact. Third and I cannot stress this enough, most want to see what KT can do. Not for one series. Not for one game. But for multiple games in a row. I want to see it prior to the start of next season. 7-5 or 6-6 this year is looking likely. We have to try something new. I don't care if KT looks terrible against aTm. I really don't. Fitz has looked terrible in every SEC game accept against Auburn's terrible defense. Even then, he couldn't complete passes that would force the defense to do something other than spy him the entire game. The only reason Auburn didn't put 3 spies on him every play is because the RBs varied the attack enough to keep them honest. LSU didn't have to worry about that. Sometimes you have to hand the ball off with the RBs knowing they are getting the ball from the snap. Sometimes you have to hand the ball off with the running backs knowing they are getting it at the snap, so the OL knows how to block from the snap. By our OL having to RPO block, they have no idea what they are trying to do enough to stop the defense. That is a fact. Run block, no pass block, nope Fitz decided to run it so run block again.... oops went to far down the field, negate that 20 yard gain. Its crazy.

He was badass running the ball. I honestly think, post injury, he isn't the same. I don't blame him for that, as I would be too if I looked up and my ankle was facing a direction it never has before.

My issue with Fitz, is and will always be, his inability to throw the football. I'm no QB coach, but his mechanics are terrible. His feet placement when throwing may be the worst of any QB I've seen play on any team this year.

All the heat on this site is directed at Moorhead because he's the head coach (and rightfully deserved at times), but it should be on Breiner for his inability to maximize the position he is responsible for coaching. Hev. took a lot of crap here, so what is the difference?

chef dixon
10-26-2018, 02:00 PM
You have triggered the Fitz fanboys

msstate7
10-26-2018, 02:06 PM
You have triggered the Fitz fanboys

I don't there's anyone not wanting to see key at this point. Still doesn't change the fact fitz is a better runner

Pit Bull
10-26-2018, 03:13 PM

I'd like to see Keyteon a lot in the game tomorrow night. His running style is very elusive and he aint slow! And I do think he may be able to throw the ball better than Fitz. Now, whether he can run JoMo's offense well.....I'm not sure......but what do we have to lose?

tireddawg
10-26-2018, 03:26 PM

That nickname is awful. Why do That? As much as he's done for State...

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 03:39 PM
I'd like to see Keyteon a lot in the game tomorrow night. His running style is very elusive and he aint slow! And I do think he may be able to throw the ball better than Fitz. Now, whether he can run JoMo's offense well.....I'm not sure......but what do we have to lose?

I don't think Moorhead's offense is complicated at all. Run it, pass it or hand it off. I think Fitz has made it much more complicated than it needs to be. He can't or isn't even looking at the most obvious blitzes straight in his face and he's not seeing the most wide open check down receivers nor is he getting the ball into his RBs hands enough. Fitz is a disaster in the Moorhead offense but I don't think it means his offense is complicated. More reason I want to see Key so we'll better know the answer to why our offense is total crap right now.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2018, 03:57 PM
I don't think Moorhead's offense is complicated at all. Run it, pass it or hand it off. I think Fitz has made it much more complicated than it needs to be. He can't or isn't even looking at the most obvious blitzes straight in his face and he's not seeing the most wide open check down receivers nor is he getting the ball into his RBs hands enough. Fitz is a disaster in the Moorhead offense but I don't think it means his offense is complicated. More reason I want to see Key so we'll better know the answer to why our offense is total crap right now.

If we put in KT and he is throwing into triple coverage instead of checking down, it might be the coaching.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2018, 03:59 PM
That nickname is awful. Why do That? As much as he's done for State...

I agree, can't we do away with derogatory nicknames? Same as foambat or stone hands. It might be slightly amusing in a game thread but it is dumb in normal conversations.

Homedawg
10-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Shitz is the only QB in the SEC who leads his team in rushing attempts over the RB. Let that sink in. Whether this is on Shitz or Moorhead, Moorhead sure as hell doesn?t know how the hell to utilize Shitz so Shitz should sit in favor of KT on that fact alone.

You are a freaking dick for call him shitz!! Absolute dick. To criticize is one thing but that is beyond bush league bull shit. But I'm not surprised.

Sacrifice
10-26-2018, 04:58 PM
I don't know if I've even seen a current player for State get bashed as bad as Fitz has. I'll be glad when KT starts just so I can stop reading all these Fitz bashing threads.

Say what you want about the guy but he gives 100% EVERY GAME. He's not getting it done in this offense and it's on the coach to make the change not Fitz.

Coursesuper
10-26-2018, 05:02 PM

You really need to re-evaluate your decision making process, this actually quite complicated. QB must be able to make multiple reads pre snap and then make post snap reads on the fly thru the depth of the defense. The WR have pre snap and post snap reads and have to know multiple route trees depending on coverage, down and distance and so on, the O line the center must call protection depending on the front and the play call plus blitz pick up. Plus knowing the playes and all the variations on each play. That’s the simple version.

Coursesuper
10-26-2018, 05:02 PM
You are a freaking dick for call him shitz!! Absolute dick. To criticize is one thing but that is beyond bush league bull shit. But I'm not surprised.

Well said, that’s toolish.

I_Spy
10-26-2018, 05:05 PM
We all know fitz is dominant, the best at doing what he’s good at. Everyone appreciates him. I still have faith that he could do something against Tamu, but if he can’t, I rather see him sit over struggle in an offense that makes him look awful. At least he stays healthy.

I_Spy
10-26-2018, 05:13 PM
I’m not having the feeling that Tamu will be difficult, if we get slaughtered, pray, pray hard. I’m also super excited to watch KT play because I have faith in him as well and he has a strong inner desire to win.

tcdog70
10-27-2018, 10:16 AM

I hear what you are saying, but Fitz isn't the only one not grasping the JOMO offense. Shit, every player has been confused. The WRs run shitty routes and don't help Fitz much. Have we caught a 50-50 pass? Our OL can't Pass pro in this offense. The first int. Against LSU is a prime example. We had 6 blocking 4 and let a man run right into Fitz's face and then Osiris runs a shitty route and doesn't even see the ball that almost takes his head off, then runs into the umpire. But It is all Fitz's fault---right.

tcdog70
10-27-2018, 10:18 AM
We all know fitz is dominant, the best at doing what he’s good at. Everyone appreciates him. I still have faith that he could do something against Tamu, but if he can’t, I rather see him sit over struggle in an offense that makes him look awful. At least he stays healthy.

The last 2 games against A And M Fitz has killed them. He is still that same QB. If JoMO would just let Him play to his strengths.