PDA

View Full Version : Check this out ...

dawgday166
10-25-2018, 05:23 PM
Mullen's press conference. At 9:00 minute or so mark, talks about going up again Ga's stud corner but .. "we see it everyday in practice going up against our corners". They actually go up against their 1st team D in practice ... WTF??

Right after that he talks about how Urban and him adapted their offense to the personnel that had when they came to FL from Utah.

Here's the link, you have to turn adblocker off:

https://floridagators.com/showcase/embed.aspx?Archive=12747&autoplay=false

ETA: To me our offensive problems could just boil down to never going against the 1's on defense in practice and just going against the scout team. That would explain a lot of the confusion we're seeing with the offense as a whole.

Cowbell
10-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Mullen's press conference. At 9:00 minute or so mark, talks about going up again Ga's stud corner but .. "we see it everyday in practice going up against our corners". They actually go up against their 1st team D in practice ... WTF??

Right after that he talks about how Urban and him adapted their offense to the personnel that had when they came to FL from Utah.

ETA: To me our offensive problems could just boil down to never going against the 1's on defense in practice and just going against the scout team. That would explain a lot of the confusion we're seeing with the offense as a whole.

Little dig. Hes been reading ED

deltadawg99
10-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Not adapting the offense to the personnel is the big issue.

Do that many teams have the 1s going against each other?

dawgday166
10-25-2018, 06:54 PM

I guarantee you Saban do.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2018, 06:58 PM
If that's it, it's funny that it hasn't affected the defense at all. Sorry guys, but this ain't it.

dawgday166
10-25-2018, 07:01 PM
If that's it, it's funny that it hasn't affected the defense at all. Sorry guys, but this ain't it.

But the defense just has to be tough more than anything. It doesn't have to be as precise as the offense does. When game speed shows up, precision breaks down.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2018, 07:11 PM
But the defense just has to be tough more than anything. It doesn't have to be as precise as the offense does. When game speed shows up, precision breaks down.

So you develop toughness by going against the scrubs? It don't work that way. Dominating scrubs makes you soft. Don't get me wrong, I think ones should go against ones ALWAYS. I just don't think that's what's going on. It's a total mismatch of certain personnel and scheme on offense. It hasn't hurt our defense at all. Fitz gets the blame, but it ain't all him.

Homedawg
10-25-2018, 07:12 PM

They don't go live 1vs 1's. They do drill work, as do we, that way but that's it. Don't believe or read into everything you see.

Homedawg
10-25-2018, 07:13 PM
I guarantee you Saban do.

Not live they don't. Not 11 on 11 during the season. Just not true.

dawgday166
10-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Not live they don't. Not 11 on 11 during the season. Just not true.

Didn't say 11 on 11 necessarily but why'd Mullen say his wideouts go against one of best corners every week then?

dawgday166
10-25-2018, 07:21 PM
So you develop toughness by going against the scrubs? It don't work that way. Dominating scrubs makes you soft. Don't get me wrong, I think ones should go against ones ALWAYS. I just don't think that's what's going on. It's a total mismatch of certain personnel and scheme on offense. It hasn't hurt our defense at all. Fitz gets the blame, but it ain't all him.

I personally think you can develop toughness with tough drills. Precision I think needs opposing equal or better talent. But ... Maybe I'm wrong. I just wonder why Dan would say his wideouts go against one of nation's best corners every week in practice.

bulldawg28
10-25-2018, 07:30 PM

Yes, we did it under Jackie .

Goldendawg
10-25-2018, 08:54 PM
We barely had enough players to go 11 on 11. The best players went both ways. Our offense looked great against the backups. We went 1 - 9 my Sr. year.

sandwolf
10-25-2018, 11:35 PM
To me our offensive problems could just boil down to never going against the 1's on defense in practice and just going against the scout team. That would explain a lot of the confusion we're seeing with the offense as a whole.

You can't possibly be serious. There's no way that you have actually watched our offense in our 3 losses and think that the solution is this simple.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-25-2018, 11:40 PM
Didn't say 11 on 11 necessarily but why'd Mullen say his wideouts go against one of best corners every week then?

Because the #1 WR's are running routes against the #1 CBs, that's not the same thing AT ALL to having 11 v 11 full speed full contact. A CB and WR can do their thing with very low risk of injury

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 06:47 AM
You can't possibly be serious. There's no way that you have actually watched our offense in our 3 losses and think that the solution is this simple.

I have rewatched in slomo 2 games several times, FL & LSU. The mistakes that are being made are usually just being a little late to a protection or block, or taking the wrong angle, not picking up a blitz, etc. And that very well could be that we practicing with walk throughs against the scout team, and not anywhere near game speed. There is a lot of indecision, all over with our offense. When things speed up, that tends to happen.

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 06:50 AM
Because the #1 WR's are running routes against the #1 CBs, that's not the same thing AT ALL to having 11 v 11 full speed full contact. A CB and WR can do their thing with very low risk of injury

I'm aware of the 7 on 7s.